(I'll drop in a mention of Teito Monogatari and the Shin Megami Tensei videogame series, too.) Check out our editors' picks for the movies and TV shows we're excited about this month, including the premieres of "Marvel 616," Proxima, and more. The effects were so bad, I just couldn't get past was the scenes with the lasers(? We follow two special agents that work for an agency trying to stop these demons. A modern day Romeo & Juliet story is told in New York when an Italian boy and a Chinese girl become lovers, causing a tragic conflict between ethnic gangs. Step Two: Pick a Number. The movie tells the ... See full summary ». So it's also an allegory of Western imperialism. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (2006). Taki is assigned to go after Daishu, a businessman who is suspected by the police to be selling the drug "happiness", a drug from the Rapter's world that causes people to "evaporate" if they stop taking it. Step Three: GET WEIRD! Black Guards Taki and Makie must protect the enigmatic Mr. Mayart in a city teeming with demonic creatures. by various characters made absolutely no sense to this viewer. A Kid from Tibet. I've seen this movie at least a dozen times, and never once, never, didn't I cry at the end! Be the first to share what you think! IMDb This is absolutely dazzling. Insanely incoherent comic-styled Asian sci-fi. Film data from TMDb. Would make a great MST3K movie. Actually it is another group of Rapters that are selling the happiness. Well, let's give it a shot. The plot is so confusing I don't even try to describe it, but it is about those reptoids who live "in peace" with humans and now someone is trying to destroy this peace and inhabit the world for reptoids only. The Good — More Michelle Reis is always a plus, especially when she flies, wears a suit like a boss, and has nailsabers. External Reviews I still own the VHS copy, wouldn't part with it for anything now. I was so excited! Taki is assigned to go after Daishu, a businessman who is suspected by the police to be selling the drug "happiness", a drug from the Rapter's world that causes people to "evaporate" if they stop taking it. But she alone is not worth seeing this abomination. Sort by. They work amongst us, they live within us and their destiny is our demise. Random stuff happens out of nowhere, characters say random stuff, and all if a sudden the Police Cheif has random powers even though he isn't a Reptiod. Our jaws hit the floor when the guy was having sex w/the Pinball machine/lady. Hong Kong, land of permanent transition, clocks everywhere reminding us that 1997 is getting closer, all the political uncertainty the passage of time brings to a colonized island - time bleeds. Think of Wicked City as a souped up "Blade Runner." I still own the VHS copy, wouldn't part with it for anything now. They work amongst us, they live within us and their destiny is our demise. Found this the live action version at a roadside VHS sale. Mobile site. )that looked like those glow necklaces from the Dollar Tree. Packed with non-stop action and special effects, "Wicked City" will glue you to the screen until the astonishing end. At some point I just zoned out because it was too much. Skip to main content. EMBED. Find similar and related movies for The Wicked City (1992) - Peter Mak, Woo Ping Yuan on AllMovie * *Nobody cares if you don't think…, Rocky LaForge 18,799 films 2,334 59 Edit, www.youtube.com/channel/UCyfreBk5YKpebSJvr_Zgbig, My previous long time YouTube account got unjustly permanently suspended (for no discernible reason whatsoever). (1992). Maimed while seeking revenge, a girl becomes stronger than ever. The second group attacks Daishu's group, and eventually Taki, Daishu, and Daishu's daughter join forces to fight the evil Rapters. Then, when the filter wasn't used, the backgrounds were in blue. Written by In the city of Oedo 2808 A.D., three Cyber criminals are given two choices, to either rot in jail or to join a special force of the Cyber Police to get possibly one more chance at freedom ... See full summary ». Apart from a cringy romantic subplot, she's amazing in this movie, if that's…. Directed by Peter Mak Tai-Kit. I loved the Japanese anime of this movie - saw it 15 years ago and loved it. 260k. (1992). This film is a mess. You need to login or register to add this movie to your horror watchlist. Then I watched it and was disappointed at how BAD it was. I think an update might work well since some of the effects could feel dated but by and large fans of offbeat sci fi should definitely check this out. Leon Lai and Jacky Cheung and Yuen Woo-ping all wear glasses, though none of them actually appear to need vision correction. Lots of psychic powers, shape changing and general weirdness. Our jaws hit the floor when the guy was having sex w/the Pinball machine/lady. Stylish, science-fiction future noir for the next millennium! Charles Dexter Ward's wife enlists the help of a private detective to find out what her husband is up to in a remote cabin owned by his family for centuries. Use the HTML below. Packed with non-stop action and special effects, "Wicked City" will glue you to the screen until the astonishing end. The drug they sell is literally called "Happiness". An ex-cop turned private eye uses his bionic eye that can hack into any computer system in the world and his mechanical quarterstaff to fight organized crime. An ex-cop turned private eye uses his bionic eye that can hack into any computer system in the world and his mechanical quarterstaff to fight organized crime.