The Vampire Diaries Wiki is a FANDOM TV Community. I had seen a lot of the death when I was doing ADR (Automatic Dialogue Replacement), so I had a taste of it. The good news is that there are plenty of options already scheduled for premiere on the streaming giant, and our fall TV schedule proves that there's no shortage of goodness coming to broadcast network, cable, and premium TV in the not-too-distant future. When Jenna (Sara Canning) died in The Vampire Diaries, it was during a time when there were still a few humans left on the show and goodness was a possibility among them.She was basically the only thing pure about The Vampire Diaries until she was killed off. Of course, the Netflix release model (which isn't changing) means that viewers will have the option of binge-watching. For the crew, it's probably losing its shock value. Starring [1]Guest Star [2]Special Guest Star [3] It was hard doing interviews, for sure. The next night, after shooting the death scene, I was on set again for some shots just lying on the rock as a dead body. And although she did the best she could, she ended up inadvertently orphaning them for a second time. By 1 ▪ 2 ▪ 3 ▪ 5 ▪ 8. "I want to play adult roles and be challenged and work with great filmmakers and tell incredible stories and that has meant being really picky.". All rights Haythorne Junior High. I wanted to hold true to those characteristics but also put her own spin on it. 18 Loved - Paul Wesley Found His Love Of Directing There are definite emotional ties. Paul Sommers directed the episode and he really wanted to shoot it in sequence, which I thought was great of him to give such consideration. I wasn't actually sitting on the secret for that long. Maybe give the women a rest for a bit. And while The Vampire Diaries may be over and done, you can continue to re-watch it at your leisure on Netflix, reliving every heartbreaking and bloody moment over and over. Canning was born in Gander, Newfoundland, Canada, the daughter of Wayne and Daphne Canning, and was raised in Sherwood Park, near Edmonton, Alberta. "Vampire Diaries" star Nina Dobrev and executive producer Julie Plec may have warned us, but that didn't take the sting out of last night's jaw-dropping death on The CW series. Since Netflix doesn't get to release a new season of Stranger Things every year, it could use all the hits it can get! TVLINE | Speaking of “the fear,” there was something subtle yet unwavering about Jenna’s transition into a vampire. Actress Adam Sandler’s Hubie Halloween Scored Another Huge Win For Netflix, Netflix’s Mank Reviews Are In, See What Critics Are Saying, Mank Review: David Fincher’s New Netflix Movie Isn’t For Everyone, Channing Tatum Got An Adorable Dog While Filming His Movie Named Dog, Because Of Course, Disney+ Is Coming To Brazil, Argentina, Mexico And More With Presale Discounts, Matthew McConaughey Apparently Went To A Strip Club The Day His Dad Died, Vince Vaughn Offers Hopeful Wedding Crashers 2 Update, Diane Lane’s Let Him Go Co-Stars Inspired Her To Up Her Game, ‘Come Play’ Interviews with Gillian Jacobs, John Gallagher Jr., Jacob Chase, ‘The Craft: Legacy’ Interviews With Zoe Lister-Jones, Michelle Monaghan, Zoey Luna And More, 'The Witches' Cast Interviews with Anne Hathaway, Stanley Tucci and Octavia Spencer, Tom Holland's First Spider-Man 3 Set Photo Is Typical 2020, Amber Heard’s Lawyer Has Some Thoughts About Johnny Depp’s Libel Case Verdict, Marvel Characters: What's Next For Every Major Superhero In The MCU, This Batman Ben Affleck Tweet From WarnerMedia’s Boss Has Fans Speculating Wildly, Enter For A Chance To Win CinemaBlend's Antebellum Giveaway, One Harry Potter Actor Likes Not Being Recognized Nearly A Decade After The Final Film, How Netflix Introduced A Feature To Make Streaming More Like Regular TV, 2021 Winter And Spring TV Premiere Schedule: List Of New And Returning Shows, What's Going On With The Circle Season 2 On Netflix, How Stranger Things Season 4 Was Positively Affected By COVID-19 Delays, According To The Producer. If you like TVLine, you'll LOVE our weekly newsletter. Status Was there any sort of ceremony when your picture was added? The Vampire Diaries is an American supernatural teen drama television series developed by Kevin Williamson and Julie Plec, based on the popular book series of the same name written by L. J. Smith.The series premiered on The CW on September 10, 2009, and concluded on March 10, 2017, having aired 171 episodes over eight seasons. Why Did The Vampire Diaries Kill Off Jenna? Just because he spent eight years as Damon Salvatore doesn't mean he can't go in a brand new direction (aside from the occasional thirst trap post) with a brand new character on a brand new show? She plays wildlife officer Dylan Weir. Will not time travel. Alaric has had very bad luck with women. And after a break in production because of COVID-19, filming resumed for the CW show. TVLINE | I see that you’ve also had a taste of just how loyal Vampire Diaries fans can be. Aunt Jenna will celebrate her one-year deathiversary with a surprise return to The Vampire Diaries, when, in the Season 3 finale (airing May 10), Sara Canning reprises the fan fave role. Everyone was very kind to me, and I'll definitely miss them a lot. The romantic comedy will air on the W and Lifetime networks in 2013. Were you sitting on this news for a while? Death is a very major part of the show. Sara Canning: No. Vampire Diaries' stars arrested in Ga. The former Vampire Diaries star will play a love interest for Dean (Jensen Ackles), according to TVLine.. It was a very big shock. It was really interesting to deal with that in the middle of all the fear. Any final thoughts or parting words for Aunt Jenna? Will the fans also tune into V-Wars? Rachel Maddow Says She Is Quarantining After Possible COVID-19…, EA and Take-Two Beat Q3 Expectations With Flagship Releases, PVOD vs. Streaming Is the Real Battle for First-Run Movies — Not…, Coronavirus Will Sideline MSNBC's Rachel Maddow, 20 Stylish Men's Watches Under $200 To Wear Right Now, Copyright © 2020 TVLine Media, LLC. While V-Wars may keep him in a world of vampires, Ian Somerhalder was clear that it's going to be very different from The Vampire Diaries. Ian Somerhalder also recently revealed that it was a "very difficult process" to be cast in the role that would make him a huge star on The CW. Once she was out Stefan handled her adoption as he felt she would be safer with another family. He already had some vamp cred (and star power) going into V-Wars. So the only option left was for her to become a vampire (turns out Meredith was lying about Elena's condition to save Jeremy the pain; she was actually bleeding from the … It was such a large buildup to go from turning into a vampire, to the conversations within the ring of fire, to seeing Jules’ death — which was so violent — to deciding to try to fight, so it was great of him to do that. Now they just need to work on their timing. Sara Canning, Actress: A Series of Unfortunate Events. After her sister and brother-in-law died, she was left to care for her teenage niece and nephew, Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen). Was it hard to keep it a secret? It was very surprising. Here’s what the actress exclusively told TVLine about her too-soon Vampire Diaries departure. I hope so. For her, there was no bringing her back from the dead or reversing some spell. TVLINE | It was so sad to see you go last night! About three week — which is quick, but that’s sort of what you get with a show like Vampire Diaries because things change so quickly. Because people would say, 'We've heard someone is dying,' and I was like, 'Yep. According to the Netflix description, V-Wars will see a doctor pitted against his best friend after his friend encounters an ancient disease that turns people into vampires. She then starred in the feature film Black Field, a 19th Century gothic period piece, directed by Danishka Esterhazy. V-Wars hasn't yet received a premiere date on Netflix, but the ten episodes of the first season are expected to hit the streamer later this year. Then, things got progressively more evil, though fans never really complained about the bloodshed. People die on the show all the time. But I mean, since Kayla Ewell's death—she played Vicki in season one—at that moment, I really sort of made the realization that anyone was game. I think she was a really important part of the show because of that. I’m working on a short [film] that’s a noir piece, and I’m really excited about that. Where Is Daniela After Leaving the Room Where NXIVM Held Her Captive? Sara Canning Canning appeared on the second season of The Vampire Diaries from 2010–2011, until her character was killed in the episode, "The Sun Also Rises".