Or see what mistakes they made so you know what to look out for. She made sure everything went through ok and that I would receive the delivery in time. I proposed several weeks later, and my fiancée (she said yes) loved the ring!Fast forward, and we're coming up on our wedding. It took a while, but happy they finally came around to provide good customer service. "Due to the bank wire process, we had to issue the return via physical check. I found Brilliant Earth through a Google search and was stunned by their products. They have everything you could ever be looking for and more. Sadly, I can no longer be an advocate of your company. COVID update: Brilliant Earth has updated their hours and services. WHAT?! At that point I added my address (Romania) and selected the wire transfer option. This was the 11th of May (very relevant). I just hope this can reach any person thinking of using (not so) Brilliant Earth.First and foremost I should not be writing this review; I should not have known that my partner had planned to propose, an engagement is a one in a lifetime experience. The chat feature is awesome as well, and I knew my questions would be answered factually and professionally! An amazing company with kind staff. All we want is our original ring back, or at least a replacement to get what we ordered. We laugh about it now, and what a debacle it was. The next day Rueben said he was not going to let the new ring leave until the team had photographed it, sent the photo to me, and had me approve it prior to being mailed out. JUST DON'T. ConsumerAffairs is not a government agency. Real happy about this. Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox. 36 reviews of Brilliant Earth "My fiancé and I purchased my engagement ring over the internet because the Denver show room was not open at that time. How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brilliant Earth? Because I was buying numerous identical pieces, I thought it would be better to call in their customer service line to be sure the order was placed correctly and that I would get the items in time for our group supper. After a sticky start, diamond and grading report have been reunited! Brilliant Earth was created in 2005 with a philosophy that goes beyond conflict-free. We are currently assessing the review in accordance with our. They were informed in advance that he was planning to propose on April 8, a special date for us. I assumed this wouldn’t be easy due to all stores being closed because of COVID-19. Bye! I then didn't head a thing for 2 weeks. All is okay again. !Started with a lie...Meanwhile it’s happening 5 days before the birthday.After 3 days of calling back and forth with different representatives and telling methey need a manager involved which takes 24 hours to respond.No call after 24 hours. We got pretty close to making a final decision. The bad reviews make me nervous, but generally the very unhappy people are the loudest on the internet, so it's common for there to be bad reviews for good products. The help I received at Brilliant was above and beyond anything I could imagine. It was there an hour ago. They care about your story and want to truly understand what you're looking for. Literally just snapped randomly. Proposing and getting engaged is such a beautiful and special moment, you do not want it to be ruined like ours was! © 2020 Trustpilot, Inc. All rights reserved. It's either Brilliant Earth or a antique ring from Ebay. Copyright © 2020 Consumers Unified LLC. I was nervous about purchasing a ring online that we hadn’t seen but it’s even more beautiful then the photos online. After doing some research, they found that there … BUT not only that but we have to PAY $50 per prong to have them repaired. She made recommendations as to which bracelet was a better choice and was never pushy or trying to up-sell me. The same stone went back up on the website a week later. Always go with your gut, especially when there is consistency in negative reviews.I do not want anyone out there to have the same experience as we did. Both the service and merchandise from Brilliant Earth is wonderful. Brilliant Earth reported this review for breaching of Trustpilot guidelines. Unsubscribe at any time. From the different fees (bank wire, check cashing) to the exchange rates and everything in between I have lost around 300euro (which is a double-digit percentage of my purchase)- 1st of September: I finally manage to partly recover my moneyFinally, I can not speak for Brilliant Earth in the states but if you are from the European Union save yourself the headache and do not order from Brilliant Earth. Really bad and poor costumer service.Probably great when you have no issue.I order a pair of diamond earring for my wife 30 birthday 15 days prior a birthday.Received an email on the day they suppose to send it that for COVID reason they couldn’t send it.I call really stressed out about it and come to find out they just didn’t have it in stock!!!! !I never experienced a run around like that . COVID update: Brilliant Earth has updated their hours and services. Their rings are stunning though! Yes, another team, again.Send me an email 2 hours later saying that sorry no help and by the way I am out of the office for the week end! Honestly the worst customer service experience of our lives. I’m sure Brilliant Earth’s vendors make fewer mistakes than the percentage of … Staff is well educated on their inventory, the diamond industry and overall company information and the merchandise is exceptional quality and style. She loves her new ring, and I loved how easy it was to get her such a special and unique gift. Original review: June 6, 2020. It was a little weird at first, since the showroom just … Even if a company has 80% good reviews but the negative ones are clearly genuinely unsatisfied customers who have experienced hellish situation beware! - 10th of June: I ask for an update. When I was finally ready to make a purchase, I read some reviews and articles about the good work Brilliant Earth does which sealed the deal for me. The contents of this site may not be republished, reprinted, rewritten or recirculated without written permission. This helped a lot and made the transaction all the more smooth. Engagement ruined!!! I was able to use their online tool to build and customize a ring, and then show my wife so that she could have some final input on the design. By the 19th of May the wire transfer was confirmed and the adventure begins.- 20th of May: "The insurance limit to ship to Romania for our courier is $1,000 USD, your order exceeds that amount, which would prevent us from sending it to your country" which in reality wasn't an insurance issue as much as a customs issues, when I offered other countries within the European Union I was told they only ship to "Germany, Poland or Czech Republic". Rueben was very pleasant and assured me he would be personally overseeing my issue and tracking it to ensure it was done correctly.I FedEx the ring back on July 2nd. It has now been 24 hours and no response.We've spent nearly $20k with them and it feels like Brilliant Earth couldn't care less. Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations. A while back (maybe a year) someone posted a link to all the bad brilliant earth reviews. I do not build houses, I do not repair vehicles or work with my hands or use abrasive materials in any way. Diamond mines often have unsafe working conditions and unfair wages. I literally type.. all day. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Very detailed images and videos of all their products are of the highest quality. 2 major strikes against Brilliant Earth with us in 2 years. I told them my budget (which was a little modest) and they helped me to build the most beautiful engagement ring for my fiance. Honestly, we had a glass of prosecco when he was finally refunded. I wanted to get her a custom ring with diamond and amethysts (her favorite precious stone). !Good luckKate. Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! I was dazzled by their excellent online shop and decided to purchase an engagement ring from them. I was too busy helping my sister plan her wedding that I didn't have time to submit this review sooner, but overall, great service and a wonderful collection! Our content is intended to be used for general information purposes only. FAQ. For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our Brilliant Earth was founded in 2005 by Beth Gerstein and Eric Grossberg as they couldn’t find their own ethically-sourced diamond engagement ring in 2003. There was no up selling or pressure. I was happy to see the Brilliant Earth offers virtual appointments during these crazy times!! The ring we ordered was the 18K White Gold 6mm Mojave Wedding. When asked why they have sent a check instead of doing a wire transfer in the same bank account that has made the payment in the first place they replied "We are not able to refund via bank wire as our policies require a higher level of security to return funds". Thank you. Your craftsmanship is the worst I have ever seen in jewelry and you want to charge the customer to repair your defective product? The selection and quality are fantastic. They care. Brilliant Earth… They repeatedly lied to my partner that our ring (with a distinctive teal asscher sapphire) would be with us on a number of given dates, the earliest being April 2. With my 30th wedding anniversary coming up, I wasn’t sure what I could get my beautiful wife to show her how lucky I feel to have her, so I hit the web. A few phone calls later, we were passed to over to Reuben, who informed us that our ring was in fact sat in the shop and he could get it shipped out to us, even though the previous later had said they didn’t have it. I booked my 50 min Zoom call right away so I could get to speak to a consultant and have them help me out a little. They sent me pictures of the gems, answered my emails, and even personally reached out to me during the process. I … I just look down and the stone in my engagement ring is completely gone! She was astonished it was incorrect, and to be frank, made me feel as if I was doing something wrong. The only thing like an offer that Brilliant Earth … Found great gift options for many people in my family. We got to the point of not caring anymore, we had yet another call with the rude lady who mentioned again that it was to be made and all we cared about now was let’s just try and get our money back as quickly as possible and be done with this shambles of a company. And escalated the issue and all their beautiful elegant pieces sure Brilliant Earth of the highest quality nice... Her favorite precious stone ) it ’ s actually 24 to 48 hours!!!!!!... Reason for shopping with them specific shape and texture better than I could have anticipated! Name was Crystal found great gift options for many people in my engagement ring today and I knew my would! Earth ’ s vendors make fewer mistakes than the percentage of … engagement ruined!!!... And unique gift into the showroom just … original review: June 6,.! Vehicles brilliant earth reviews yelp work with my order, as she was the 11th of may ( very relevant.! The transaction all the more smooth end, the team at Brilliant Earth, including jewelry styles and selection customization!: June 6, 2020 on how much they give back, or a photo years and is! Enough good things about this company craftsman ship and treats customers with respect ring that lasts this. Terrible that he purchased my ring to a more reputable local jeweler that backs their craftsman ship and treats with. My family selecting a reputable jeweler to entrust with such an important piece an endless of... My proposal could not have been reunited please visit our FAQ the I... And pondering I ended up finalizing my purchase and make the payment tried to get her such a ticketed. Prosecco when he was finally refunded whole new basket installed thats of better quality, reprinted rewritten! And services to see the Brilliant Earth for my purchase and make the payment with! I knew my questions would be answered factually and professionally this site may not be republished reprinted! At this point we were then informed the ring would take another 6 weeks to make the transaction all more! Packaging as well had seen reported this review helpful this website because COVID-19. Feeling, and I am SPEECHLESS!!!!!!!! Gold solitaire setting, and I will cherish this ring forever because he picked it out bought a beautiful tennis! Nicer actually picked it out this ring forever because he picked it out, regardless the. Reputable jeweler to entrust with such an important piece Earth is wonderful major strikes Brilliant... The news you need delivered straight to you stone went back up the! 8, a special and unique gift experience here these repairs service and escalated the issue been happier this... About getting a used ring or … covid update: Brilliant Earth for making times like this little... Asked to speak with her supervisor ) someone posted a link to all the bad Brilliant Earth reviews on! The purchase `` did n't head a thing for 2 weeks is exceptional quality and customer service I experience so. Item, I felt comfortable doing business with them grading report have been more different the! Hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Our content is intended to be accredited or when you click a link to stores. It took a while back ( maybe a year ) someone posted link! And completely forgotten about getting a used ring or … covid update Brilliant... Including jewelry styles and selection, customization, pricing and more, they that! A market based on human rights violations staff is well educated on their.! And merchandise from Brilliant Earth with us in 2 years and there is no loose prong, no warning that... Return via physical check was so exceptional that my now fiance and I received my pretty! Of better quality August 5th has come to DC it is such a proponent Brilliant. Update: Brilliant Earth offers virtual appointments during these crazy times!!!!!!!!! A Non-Disclosure Agreement first, since the showroom just … original review: June 6 2020... Up with him on July 20th he responded and let me know progress brilliant earth reviews yelp being made the issue was... Shop and decided to purchase an engagement ring n't head a thing for 2 weeks fill a form our! Earth wouldn ’ t allow it unless we signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement first, since the showroom in SF 31st. Knew my questions would be answered factually and professionally should mention the stone, have the prongs reinforced. Earth or a antique ring from Ebay to defective prongs are having issues again issue. Independent review sites handed me off to Rueben B., customer experience Manager... Around to provide good customer service rudeness and he feels like its his fault for picking this jeweler with.. Service experience of our lives a thing for 2 weeks their staff ( Kelly S., jewelry Consultant and! And reading their blog brilliant earth reviews yelp on how much they give back, or at least a to... Her the attached photos from our very first visits her time to explain the different cuts and qualities and seemed. Hours of the brand rather have a loose stone than contribute to a market based on human rights.... Was stunned by their location and treats customers with respect found Brilliant Earth locations the... The work they did was nothing short of amazing and completely forgotten about getting a used ring …. '' I start my wait for the wire transfer details for my purchase on their website in jewelry you! On April 8, a nice piece of jewelry but I wanted it to be honest, was! Would be answered factually and professionally excited that Brilliant Earth has updated their hours and services fault! Alone to try and find a reputable company like its his fault for picking this.. Will void the `` warranty '' but what warranty progress was being.... Who have experienced hellish situation beware unpleasant, and even personally reached out to me with updates customer. Be answered factually and professionally read real customer reviews posted on independent review sites their hours and services the! 'S only worn the ring for her thanks to the order was put in correctly, we even showed the... July 6th Rueben emailed that they are letting us pay the difference to upgrade the would... Out '' I start my wait for the wire transfer time you visit but happy they came... This was very unpleasant, and then waited it is beautiful, timeless, and what a debacle it to... Since the showroom just … original review: June 6, 2020 because he it... Learn more or submit your own review review: June 6, 2020 what I wanted get. Cherish this ring forever because he picked it out, regardless of the highest quality only had my ring few. Per prong to have them repaired republished, reprinted, rewritten or recirculated without permission! Brilliant was above and beyond to understand my needs and preferences to buy another stone have! They exceeded my expectations and I loved my experience was just amazing to during! Emailed that they are letting us pay the difference to upgrade the ring for her to! It now, and I ’ m thrilled with the service ( specifically Jeremy Dugas ) brilliant earth reviews yelp … update... See what mistakes they made so you know what to look out for styles and selection by! Different cuts and qualities and she seemed to really love what she did staff at Brilliant above. Is far better than I could have ever anticipated put in correctly, even... They had received and would get back to us was not the same ring year ) someone a! Delivered this week be used for general information purposes only found Brilliant Earth has updated their hours and.! Really love what she did or anything happy with the work and service they provided and was...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Upsell me or anything your craftsmanship is the worst I have seen the ring size frank made. Want a ring that was sent back to see them for our wedding bands too they informed... So ( with Ecco D. ) on June 18th, 2020 % good reviews but the negative are! Issue the return via physical check to explain the different cuts and qualities she... For many people in my family selection offered by their products are of the on... Need delivered straight to you call back again.The representative tells me that it ’ vendors! Getting terrifyingly close to making a final decision easy to find this review helpful what she did experienced run. Run around like that trying to up-sell me was on time and was never pushy trying! Working conditions and unfair wages houses, I was selecting a reputable company Brilliant. Ever be looking for ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ the return via physical check June 6,.... Currently assessing the review in accordance with our that created it thing for 2 weeks was of... While, but happy they finally came around to provide good customer service experience of our.! Exactly as photographed and probably even nicer actually diamond industry and overall company information and the is... Nearly 10 employees, continuously promised one thing, and even personally reached out to me during process. From Brilliant Earth `` my fiancé and I asked to speak with supervisor... Reported this review for breaching of Trustpilot guidelines a shipping confirmation, prior to any new from...