The song playing in the background of this scene: Sigur Ros - The Nothing Song, if anyone's interested. Then you should check out the original - Tom Cruise ruins it for me. | What else did I miss? I saw it twice in theaters, even. Crazy Credits Fantastic ending to an underrated movie, but I have to say, this makes zero sense and is very, very cheesy without any context. | Kurt russell realizing he was just part of his dream was the best part. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCDcOtp1fKw. THIS CANNOT BE THE FUTURE! Open your eyes.... Well when you have a director like Cameron Crow, the music is always amazing. You've obviously never heard of eXistenZ or Johnny Mneomonic (which also stars Keanu Reeves). And sorry, Kubrick didn't direct this. The rest of the film was great. Great times. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. So wasn't Tom Cruise in a coma while all of this was going on? | I didn't like it because if the whole "Lucid Dream" thing. Fantastic ending to a great movie. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. Amazing movie, methinks. photo. Vanilla Sky est un film réalisé par Cameron Crowe avec Tom Cruise, Penélope Cruz. It's the only Cameron Diaz performance I ever bought/enjoyed. I'm excited. I'm... mortality as home entertainment? All Rights Belongs to Paramount Pictures. I like the original Spanish movie better. It turned me onto Sigur Ros and post-rock in general. | Quotes Im not a Cameron Crowe fan at all, but I loved this to pieces. Soundtracks. and clue me in as I forgot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ax9BqkjiPM, I used to watch this ending over and over when I was a kid, always mesmerized by the beauty of the scene along with the music. The fuck does Kubrick have to do with Vanilla Sky? The upcoming BLURAY release will have an alternate ending cut. The 2015 Blu-Ray release includes an alternate ending version with a vastly expanded ending. JosepineJackson likes this. Directed By Cameron Crowe. It took me a while of searching back then since the Internet was still limited, but I figured out it was a song by Sigur Ros called "Untitled #4 (The Nothing Song)" Cookies help us deliver our Services. | By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Have you seen 'Abre Los Ojos'? I watched this recently and I was blown away. I'll see you in another life...when we are both cats. Three parts from the quick montage at the end of the film suggest scenes cut from the final film: two frames from a scene that was in "Abre Los Ojos" (upon which "Vanilla Sky" was based) where David shoots a police officer in front of the L.E. Trivia Vanilla Sky ,image,liana,bff. Not a big fan of the movie, but it is a classic ending. I thought I'd seen the movie...turns out I haven't. Im not a Cameron Crowe fan at all, but I loved this to pieces. It will really drive the frisson home for you. If I hadn't have watched the movie years and years ago, I would have thought this clip was absolute non-sense. The most haunting and beautiful ending I've ever seen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCDcOtp1fKw, the movie Vanilla Sky is based on(/an American remake of), which also stars Penelope Cruz. It took me a while of searching back then since the Internet was still limited, but I figured out it was a song by Sigur Ros called "Untitled #4 (The Nothing Song)". The movie that convinced me of Tom Cruise's acting ability. I saw it twice in theaters, even. CAN IT? jeez, I never figure this kind of shit in movies. Connections For anyone who hasn't seen the movie, I personally would recommend avoiding the clip above and watch the movie from start to finish. Still one of my favorite pieces of music from one of my favorite bands, and I credit this scene, and this incredible film in general for sparking a true passion for cinema. It's the only Cameron Diaz performance I … I wasn't expecting that type of movie. yorkshire_rose *wipes tear* too . I can count the amount of people on one hand that liked Vanilla Sky. Crowe says it best in the Vanilla Sky production notes: “We constructed the movie, visually and story-wise, to reveal more and more the closer you look at it. Three parts from the quick montage at the end of the film suggest scenes cut from the final film: two frames from a scene that was in "Abre Los Ojos" (upon which "Vanilla Sky" was based) where David shoots a police officer in front of the L.E. The music totally makes this scene (the whole movie has an outstanding soundtrack). I used to watch this ending over and over when I was a kid, always mesmerized by the beauty of the scene along with the music. Goofs The scenes flashing through as he's falling gives me chills. JosepineJackson Aww, that ending scene is amazing *wipes a tear* 3 . After 10 or so years, I'm now find this out. Whoops. Can it? I can count the amount of people on one hand that liked Vanilla Sky. While the events lead to the same conclusion, there are alternate takes and additional scenes (including the scene of David shooting the police officer). It just went far too over board. building, a frame of David and Sofia on a bed where Sofia is wearing a bathrobe (she never wore a bathrobe in the film), and a frame set in David's company where David is a kid, sitting on a couch, and a man (possibly Thomas Tipp) is talking to him). Totally agree though, one of my top 3 favorite movies...also Almost Famous is in there, I kinda have a Cameron Crow boner. Ending / spoiler for Vanilla Sky (2001), plus mistakes, quotes, trivia and more. I'm real. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, News & Discussion about Major Motion Pictures, Press J to jump to the feed.