I love how futuristic the film is, though the messages are of left wing agendas. YES! For the 2006 mockumentary, see, Learn how and when to remove this template message, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Gamers_(film)&oldid=958296048, Articles needing additional references from April 2014, All articles needing additional references, Articles with unsourced statements from November 2015, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 23 May 2020, at 00:29. Only catch is, it's not up to Kable to survive, he, along with all other participants in the broadcast death-match, have had their brains altered by billionaire genius Ken Castle (Michael C. Hall - Dexter) so that they can be remotely controlled by gamers from all across the world. Discover why plant-based eating provides powerful, proven advantages for health, wellness, and longevity. It's a deeply cynical and joyless point of view, completely lacking in the winking visual style that made Crank worth a look. The plot revolves around Monica, Gary's sister, who wants to marry her fiancé, Ryan. Lodge allows Joanna (Carol Roscoe), Cass’s ex-girlfriend to join the game. | Rating: 1.5/5, September 8, 2020 [3] The first installment of the series dubbed The Shadow Menace was released in August 2017. With Joanna’s help, the group’s characters trek deep into the fantasy game world to retrieve the Mask of Death from evil necromancer Mort Kemnon (Geoff Gibbs). All titles available with Instant Streaming and HD Downloads! But, to a resistance group that opposes the game's inventor, Kable is a critical component of their plan to end the inventor's form of high-tech slavery. An overgrown nerd who serves as Game Master of a fantasy board game finds his role as leader of the misfits put into jeopardy when a new initiate enters the group. The original 2001 Gamers comedy, remastered in 2007 in progressive standard definition (540p). Coming Soon. Gamer, a 2009 science fiction thriller; The Gamers, a 2002 low-budget cult film, followed by a sequel, The Gamers: Dorkness Rising; Gamers: The Movie, a 2006 mockumentary; Television. (1080p). Bursting into the room (as dictated by the players), the characters slaughter the gamers, then begin picking over the room for treasure. | Rating: 3/5 Don't have an account? Regal Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. Most popular community and official content for the past week. Humans & Households (the title is a reference to Dungeons & Dragons) turns the concept of The Gamers on its head: Characters in the fantasy world of The Gamers play a roleplaying game set in our world. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. G@mers; Gamer.tv, a UK video-game programme; Literature. Copyright © 2019 Game Changers Film, LLC. |, December 14, 2017 See country list for availability details. WIKI: http://wiki.zombieorpheus.com/index.php/The_Gamers#The_Gamers:_Dorkness_Rising_.282008.29. Cass sets out to win a collectible card game world championship... and a date with Natalie. A sequel entitled The Gamers: Dorkness Rising was set to be released in 2006, but was delayed due to problems finding a distributor; it was eventually released on DVD in August 2008 at conventions and online. Simon Silverton (Logan Lerman - The Butterfly Effect, The Number 23, 3:10 to Yuma, Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, The Three Musketeers) is in control of Kable, and he's gotten him through 27 rounds by the time the film starts up. One late night in a college dorm, four socially inept geeks immerse themselves in a fantasy world of their own creation. Showcasing elite athletes, special ops soldiers, visionary scientists, cultural icons, and everyday heroes, what James discovers permanently changes his understanding of food and his definition of true strength. Join Leo and Gary for a cyberpunk adventure set in the extended Gamers universe. As their characters journey through forbidden kingdoms, ancient ruins, and the forsaken wilderness, the players attempt to solve a mysterious puzzle that could ultimately mean the difference between getting a life and death. Who is The Shadow? The Gamers. With all of the hyperkinetic action and none of the flair of Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor's earlier work, Gamer has little replay value. From the very first time I watched the film, I felt that I knew all these people. Discover what to watch this November including a Marvel docu-series, a '90s reboot, and a Star Wars holiday celebration. Where is The Princess hidden? |, September 8, 2009 One late night in a college dorm, four socially inept geeks immerse themselves in a fantasy world of their own creation. Cinemark A very incorrect assumption, but it probably would have done better critically if I was right. All Rights Reserved, except where otherwise noted. Lodge wants to finish his epic campaign against The Shadow, but his players have other ideas. In the press materials Mr. Butler informs us enthusiastically that the movie "has all the hallmarks of Neveldine's and Taylor's sick, yet genius minds." It reminded me of movies like The Running Man, The Hunger Games, and Death Race. I'm the first to say that when I initially watched the trailer, I most certainly did think that Gamer was going to be another cut/paste Hollywood Action job in the vein of The Condemned or Death Race 2. The feature film that inspired a generation of gamers! Desperate to save the integrity of his story from the whims of his players’ crazy characters: a horny bard (Leo), wild sorceress (Gary), and cryptic monk (Cass). She's getting married and family tradition calls for her future partner to be vetted in-game-is he gamer enough to be worthy of the family name? Featuring science from the film, learn how plant-based food can give you an edge in the gym, on the field, at work, and at home. (Disclaimer - I'm a woman who games, so much of the out of character interaction I haven't experienced directly, but I definitely recognized it...) The one thing I have to say is about the ending. The movie both makes fun of gamer stereotypes and plays the discrepancy between an optimal RPG plot and the events of an actual RPG session for maximum absurdity. Get weekly tips, recipes, and updates from our athletes and experts. Browse our full selection of Gamers films. Coming Soon. The 2.5 hour cut of Hands of Fate, including the complete Lodge & Joanna story. 48min | Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy | Video 3 November 2002. Written by With Nathan Rice, Carol Roscoe, Brian S. Lewis, Scott C. Brown.