God provides ample evidence that He and supernatural things exist outside our five senses. AM. Church and ministry leadership resources to better equip, train and provide ideas for today's church and ministry leaders, like you. Miracles and unexplained phenomenon are evidence of the supernatural. Shall we toss out traditional concepts and terms in theology as soon as we judge they have been vulgarized? Of course, some people will say all theology is fiction, but it’s not intended to be and I don’t think it is.) For example, especially in Catholic theology “supernatural” includes everything of grace. This view was described in the First Book of Enoch, a noncanonical Jewish text, and remains a popular explanation. Leading scientific doctrines address what can be perceive with our five natural senses, but omits or attempts to disprove supernatural phenomenon. The natural world was formed by a supernatural God. A less supernatural view holds that the Nephilim were simply men who fell away from righteousness. If it is true that Barth denied the supernatural, he must have meant by “supernatural” something other than what I mean by it and, I think, what most Christian theologians have traditionally meant by it. I think there is a great deal of confusion surrounding the concept “the supernatural” in contemporary theology. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Some Random Thoughts on Another Election ...". Specifically, some theologians have held that “sons of God” is a reference to the descendants of Seth, the righteous son of Adam, and that the Nephilim were members of his bloodline who rejected God. The passage is part of a description of the pit of the grave and states: And they do not lie with the fallen warriors of long ago who went down to Sheol with their weapons of war, whose swords were laid under their heads, and whose shields are upon their bones; for the terror of the warriors was in the land of the living. For most Protestants, I assume, “supernatural” does cancel out and contradict “nature.” That’s the old “nature/grace” issue between Catholic and Protestant theology. Francis Chan Says Life 'Totally Shaped' by Gospel... WILLS POINT, TX – Former California megachurch pastor and bestselling author Francis... Everything Sad is Untrue (A True Story) Guest... “Memories are always partly untrue,” writes Daniel Nayeri. Patheos has the views of the prevalent religions and spiritualities of the world. God, angels, demons, and the human spirit are all part of the supernatural world; therefore, miracles are possible. Know What Pleases God. Back to my original question and issue. Here’s the specific issue I face. 2nd Corinthians 4:18, “as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. However, of course, many people who believe they are Christians deny the supernatural. It seems to me that belief in “the supernatural” is an essential part of traditional, classical Christianity (and I mean that normatively and not only historically).