13 But each of the four districts provide ample room, from the apartments to the central area, to give the illusion of an open world. I wish they had more options as well or can make your own apartment complex. Luckily, there’s enough new content for even old-time fans of the series to not feel like this is simply a remake of The Sims 2: Apartment Life. The Sims 4: City Living encourages you to be constantly out and doing things. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licencors. You can also buy unique items at festivals which include things like shirts, snow globes, and even fireworks. Many of its ideas are recycled from previous iterations, but what’s new takes the series forward in interesting ways. The City of San Myshuno and Apartments are a central part of the addon. I live in a fixer-upper, so my stuff is prone to breaking. You can also buy unique items at festivals which include things like shirts, snow globes, and even fireworks. Basketball also deserves a shout out, as I have always liked the idea of having more sports in the sims. This is connected to the painting skill and allows for sims to create art on the streets of the city (or anywhere else for that matter). There are also landlords that can come fix broken things, which early on is a helpful mechanic, since  leaky pipes, bad electric systems, or cheap appliances seem to break all the time. City Living cosmetically is the best executed "urban" environment to date of any of the Sims iterations given it's graphical style. It builds on what The Sims has offered in the past in terms of city living and gives us a beautiful playground in the form of San Myshuno. Neighbors make it all feel like a sitcom. A good game that could have been great. This expansion makes the game closer to what it should have been at launch, and it is finally at a point where. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Eccentric neighbors will drop by at a moment’s notice, sims you’ve given an apartment key to will pop in when they’re bored, neighbors will woohoo too loud at night, and social events are aplenty. The public spaces are open and stylised to the respected neighbourhoods (not sure if this is what we’re calling them?) It’s great to see more diversity in the style and culturally inspired clothing. Eh, I find Sims 3 to be incredibly ugly and very sluggish after installing a few expansions so I disagree with it being graphically superior. Again, only time will tell and my worries may very much be unrealised! Moving into a lot that has gnomes is great as they will fix broken things, as well as a trait that gives your Sims some luck on finding extra money around the house. Sims 3 has waaaay more content at a fraction of the price though. Besides seasons. Sure, some of them aren’t that big of a deal, but the negative ones especially will give you a whole new way to play The Sims 4. The Sims 4 City Living is one of the best expansion packs in the entire series. In a word, it is refreshing. Overall, this is definitely an expansion pack worth getting. My previous statement leads quite neatly on to one of my favourite new additions – murals. City Living cosmetically is the best executed "urban" environment to date of any of the Sims iterations given it's graphical style. There are some new Sims, with Miko being a real catch for a girlfriend. Well, when he was on his own he couldn’t, but that was before he met... Back in my university days, I was a DJ for our local college radio station, and I had a blast with it.... We dug deep when we got our hands on the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080,... Before we get into this review too far, let’s talk a little bit about... How does Peter Parker go on vacation? Every few days the city holds festivals, which are great ways to get out, explore, and generally have fun. It feels huge and has a variety of Sims to interact with and ways to expore the world, such as protesting and making graffiti art. I also found the apartment screens slightly jarring and it was difficult to distinguish between each apartment – the mouse very much had to be my guide! Great to see the Political career back in action, which has been sorely missed since The Sims 4 launch. Founded in 2011, SimsVIP is the largest news outlet for The Sims franchise. Festivals are pretty neat and make the world feel more alive, but the same 4 festivals get old after awhile (spice festival, romance festival, geekcon, and flea market). However, one can’t help but find the clothing and hair a bit lacking. It has smart gameplay, new ways to interact with the world, and an amazing new setting. ( Log Out /  Reviewed in the United States on December 3, 2016. No apartment building for us – this we know. Of course, with an expansion also comes new additions that are not so major to the gameplay. Sims 2 Apartment Life was much better than this. Is it worth the pay-off? Sims Holiday Gift Guide 2020 for the Dedicated Simmer, Destiny 2 Holiday Gift Guide 2020 for the Mega-Fan in Your Life, Fallout Holiday Gift Guide 2020 for the Wasteland Wanderer in Your Life, Star Citizen Trailer & Videos Focus on IAE 2050 & Upcoming Content as Crowdfunding Passes $317 Million, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Day One Update Available on All Platforms, Sackboy: A Big Adventure Will Not Have Online Multiplayer at Launch. Speaking of apartments, the traits are an awesome touch to the experience. It's precisely what I felt was missing from the base game of The Sims 4 and from every expansion since. It is probably one of the lightest amounts of content I have seen in a Sims expansion, yet it is somehow one of the best. Excellent game but thought it would be a disk but it's download only. I was really hoping that I'd be able to build my own apartments but you can't. The new décor is funky and edgy which, again, is very much the vibe of this expansion. The Sims 4: City Living on PC. Of course, the limitations on building our own apartment block is a shame, but in keeping with their Edit World screen design, I don’t see how it could have worked. Most of this expansion pack is in the theme of Asia, America and Africa, so there are many detailed, colourful pieces of clothing. So a reminder was very welcome. Even though its ideas and base are good, Maxis has not reached the goal of creating a good quality DLC. I love the fact that they continue to extend this world. I am a huge meme, vine and YouTube nerd and I always wanted my sims to be bloggers/ you tubers and my wish came true , I think that the city is just so beautiful, cool and fantastic! Years later and these bugs haven't been fixed yet. There are lots of traits to choose from too, ranging from fast internet connection to infested with gnomes. It changes the way you can play in new and meaningful ways, and is full of fresh experiences and stories to tell. Could have been the great EP we've been waiting for- could have been. Its like being down 14-0 in the fourth quarter. Many people that are big fans of The Sims 4 are a little disappointed about this, I personally don’t mind because I don’t change my Sims clothing a lot. This is also the first time an expansion pack has truly shown echoes of past series of The Sims. Os apartamentos, os vizinhos, os distritos, os festivais, os karaokês, as coberturas, EA continues to milk the stone. If living the city life sounds fun, you cannot go wrong with City Living, however if that doesn’t intrigue you, there is not much here for you. You have three new careers that provide the option of an active working from home job without the ridiculous grind of GTW and which allow you to conduct part of your work day in the plaza outside your home- again without a loading screen. The futuristic toilet — like from Japan — is legitimately incredible. Home » PC » The Sims 4: City Living Review. It’s a new way to play each day. More worlds please and more culture, let’s make The Sims 4 as diverse, inclusive and sprawling as possible. The one thing Sims 4 has going for is its art style. I had fun choosing two nice and one weird for each lot in my sim world. The Sims 4: City Living brings The Sims 4 to life, especially modern and global life. So, how does it hold up? There are numerous new items to play with and events to explore. My personal favorite however is the Geekcon. EA loves money and that's why they make these things......... November Preview: 19 TV Shows & New Movies to Watch at Home, The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs - Official Launch Trailer, The Sims 4 Cats & Dogs - Official Reveal Trailer, The Sims 4 - Official Xbox One and PS4 Trailer, The Sims 4 Parenthood and Kids Room Stuff Trailer, The Sims 4 Seasons Official Launch Trailer, The Sims 4 - StrangerVille: Investigation Trailer, The Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff - Official Trailer, The Sims 4: Get Famous - Official Reveal Trailer, The Sims 4 - Cats & Dogs Official Trailer, The Sims 4 Star Wars expansion: Journey To Bautu Official Trailer | Gamescom 2020, Release Dates for All Notable Upcoming Games, Music title data, credits, and images provided by, Movie title data, credits, and poster art provided by. You won’t feel secluded in your small apartment. By far it is to the best of The Sims 4, the line continues at this size, I'm sure we'll have decent expansions. You can also offer a key to your place to Sims who will stop by to use your shower, eat your food, or even just come hang out. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Playing without cheats or easy money became fun for the first time since The Sims 3 came out. Overall, I'm glad I have this pack and use a lot of the content- I just feel like it could have been much better and am disappointed by the implementation of some of the features (mostly apartments). In the wake of The Sims 4, I know many players look back on the times of The Sims 3 with fond memories. City is well designed and a great setting for shenanigans. The new traits, Unflirty and Vegetarian, are great touches because anything that allows players to make more realistic sims is great. Though there are a few neighbor interactions in the City, this pack is just another overpriced disappointment. You can only build 1-4 apartments on each lot, and don't really get to choose how your apartments are laid out. The Sims 4 City Living is one of the best expansion packs in the entire series. THÀNH PHỐ HIỆN ĐẠI VÀ NHỮNG BỔ SUNG THÚ VỊ. I am a big fan of this edition, as it adds even more character the places our sims inhabit and really make them seem more like homes.