“That mother, her focus was making sure her children were calm and happy — knowing they were going to die. • He landed a small speaking role, performing as a character IMDB labelled “Irish little boy.”. I was just like, "Uhhhh, talk to your mom.". © Copyright 2020 Irish Studio LLC All rights reserved. All rights reserved. He doesn’t remember much of his time on the set of the “Titanic,” which went on to earn $US2,187,463,944 for its lifetime worldwide box office gross, according to Box Office Mojo. ", "And I said, "Which one?" It didn't take that many times to take that one because it was just like, ‘Look like you're falling asleep’ — something I had mastered at 5 years old.”. That was the more frustrating part.”. Don’t scream. Thompson got his start as a child model, and acquired a talent agent after he won a contest. You can help James Cameron's Titanic Wiki by expanding it . At such a young age, he had a hard time changing his pronunciation of the words – or even fully grasping what an accent was. Reece Thompson, the actor who played the ‘Irish little boy’ in Titanic, has revealed that he is still receiving royalty checks from the blockbuster film over 20 years after its release. SAG-AFTRA estimates it sends out 1.5 to 1.6 million residual checks a year. For Thompson and other “Titanic” actors, those residuals will just keep coming in every year, as the smash hit continues to make a splash with theatrical and television audiences. That's as close as I got.". "It's weird because it's not present in my mind anymore,” he admits. He does recall struggling to put on an Irish accent. • Thompson still receives residuals from the film, but the amount sometimes fluctuates from year to year. Fortunately, then a five-year-old and now 25 years old, Thompson himself doesn’t remember much about making the … “It's not like, 'Oh, when am I going to get a new ‘Titanic’ check?' You might remember the child actor from the poignant scene where Thompson and his on-screen sister are read a bedtime story by their mother as the ill-fated ship is sinking. It goes so well with the kids — you’re going to a place of final rest, where it’s youth and beauty.”. “After we do the scene, he goes to me, ‘So when are we gonna do the next scene?’” she revealed. Découvrez comment nous utilisons vos informations dans notre Politique relative à la vie privée et notre Politique relative aux cookies. Pour autoriser Verizon Media et nos partenaires à traiter vos données personnelles, sélectionnez 'J'accepte' ou 'Gérer les paramètres' pour obtenir plus d’informations et pour gérer vos choix. Even if the movie sucks, we'll see it. Those scenes are fantastic,” the actress told Cosmo. It just sounds soft-spoken. Then, the film came out on December 19, 1997.