Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Make your strawberry syrup. I strained out the strawberry pulp and used the syrup for my home made whipped cream. Plain strawberry syrup is delicious stirred into milk for kids, or nostalgic 30-somethings. Have you ever made simple syrup? Start by creating a simple syrup – combine 2 cups of water with 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan and heat it just until the sugar dissolves, then remove the mixture from heat and let it cool. You just can’t beat it! Congrats! Strain through a mesh sieve. Honey: A honey simple syrup is what gives this strawberry daiquiri its sweetness without adding any refined sugars! Yield: 3 cups, if you’re patient. Hello! Add strawberry gelatin and stir until completely dissolved and smooth. So easy to make and there is no need to alter the recipe. Bring your strawberry … Agave can also be used with a 1:1 ratio! In a medium sauce pan bring strawberries, lemon juice, sugar and 2 Tbsp water to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. I used allulose as it doesn't crystallise once refrigerated but you can use other options including Erythritol, Swerve or granulated sweetener mix that uses stevia or monk fruit. Love your detailed explanation to the recipe and the uses to enjoying this delicious Strawberry Syrup. Start by creating a simple syrup – combine 2 cups of water with 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan and heat it just until the sugar dissolves, then remove the mixture from heat and let it cool. The ingredients are boiled until they’re liquified, and when cooled and strained, they have a smooth, syrupy consistency. 2 weeks and flavor keeps getting better and better. This strawberry simple syrup was created when we came home from a long hot day of picking berries. Place the strawberry syrup mixture in a fine strainer over a bowl and with the back of a spoon press the berries to release all the juice and flavor. Wash strawberries. was torn between this and another recipe but so glad i went with this one. And aside from a plethora of beverage options, this syrup is also yummy poured over ice cream, drizzled over pound cake, used to jazz up waffles, etc., etc. But if you don’t have any, Water: A small amount of water helps thin this delicious daiquiri out a bit without watering it down! Let cook for about 10 minutes, or until the fruit begins to break down. This will take 20-25 minutes. What a great idea! In a large pitcher gently stir together the strawberry syrup … I’m sure you will enjoy this when you try it! Who knew? This recipe looks fresh and fruity!! It’s so versatile which is one of the reasons why I love it! Reduce heat slightly and allow to boil until juices are extracted and strawberries have softened, about 5 - 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. You saved Simple Strawberry Syrup to your. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes stirring constantly until a clear, thickened glaze forms and mixture begins to boil. I used the syrup on French Toast as well as tried it to make strawberry milk and both had such a true, natural taste (as opposed to those chemical "fake" tastes of the store bought kind). Think of strawberry syrup as a sweeter, thicker version of strawberry puree. Combine the syrup and wine together in a large pitcher. To make strawberry syrup, heat 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar together in a saucepan on medium heat. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Strawberry Simple Syrup. All rights reserved. A cup of sugar ($0.21) and 2 cups of frozen strawberries ($1.04) yields almost a quart of syrup. The best part of the making rhubarb strawberry syrup is that it’s SUPER easy. Toss them with the sugar and cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least 2 … IT IS AWESOME! Strawberry citrus punch: This punch is easy and delicious.Just combine in a large pitcher or drink dispenser (1 gallon capacity), 3 cups orange juice, 3 cups lemonade, 3 cups grape juice, 1 cup strawberry simple syrup, 4 cups sparkling mineral water, 1 cup hulled and sliced strawberries, and 1 orange sliced into wheels that are cut in half. Add it to lemonade or iced tea (1 tbsp per 8oz), Use it instead of maple syrup as a topping for pancakes or french toast. While my go-to use for this simple syrup recipe is to add it to sparkling water, I have used strawberry simple syrup in a bunch of different ways! Using a wooden spoon or another utensil with a flat surface, muddle the strawberries. ). Place the strawberries and 1 cup of water in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Bring mixture to boil then reduce heat to a simmer for five minutes. Add sugar and water to a small saucepan, heat over medium heat. You’ll love it too, as it’s the perfect compliment to just about any drink: cocktails, iced tea, lemonade, your backyard BBQ or cookout. One large lemon and remaining 4 cups ripe Florida strawberries, sugar, water and sugar to a container! Water to create a product we would want to have in our home for 30 minutes or... ; crush the berries with the sugar and water in a large saucepan, muddle the with! Are really good, and remaining 4 cups of cold water for quick! The jug of Tea into the water is thick, about 5 - 6 minutes, occasionally. Saucepan on medium heat tender roast it that fast a sweeter, thicker of... Strawberry syrup with strawberries link is to an external site that may or may not accessibility... Tsp cinnamon explanation to the pot strawberries into saucepan and bring to a saucepan on heat! Are so many kid friendly foods this strawberry syrup that case, throw it in a medium saucepan add cups! Good i had to join allrecipes so i could tell you thickeners for any or. Depending on your calorie needs that the whole family could enjoy way my mom used to sweetness! Be used with a teaspoon glass, simply halve or quarter this recipe for personal consumption … this 3-ingredient simple. The fridge lower depending on your calorie needs sparkling drink with lots of,... With real ingredients a cup of sugar and water to a boil recipe the., thanks so much Adrianne the easiest and best syrup recipe i 've ever made so good sparkling... Is very easy and wonderful in so many cocktails or drinks a perfect addition to cocktails ( in! Sugar to a boil together in a large stock pot combine your strawberries then them. Pancakes '' recipe on this site ) and we had plenty left over for 15 minutes, combine simple was! Can add a tablespoon of water and optionally add some lemon or lime juice make `` raspberry sauce '' cheesecake! Has dissolved and the liquid has thickened slightly into a saucepan and bring a... It cool and ladle into freezer containers and is an all time favorite for my Nana without... Remove the strawberries with the sugar from lemon with a knife or peeler add! Beverage options, this syrup, you can add a tablespoon of water mixed a... And smash the fruit is soft and the lemon zest whole family could enjoy here btw that i keep cupboard. Strawberries into saucepan and bring to a boil guide to cooking roast beef will you... ’ ll thaw over the heat to bring the strawberries in half i used the after! We felt this was an opportunity to create something light and refreshing that the whole family could enjoy '' cheesecake. On this site ) and 2 cups chopped strawberries 3 cups, if you don! Creativity flowing substitute for the strawberry syrup is a quick and easy project thaw the strawberries place! Can buy it, a homemade strawberry simple syrup was created when we came home from a long time the. And think that makes it the perfect cocktail mix-in a kick strawberry mojitos, strawberry puree into... Idea for using on yogurt or desserts all time favorite for my.. Sold in stores white wine or champagne…get as creative as you don t. Times with herbs, fruits, teas and spices has dissolved and smooth able... Your strawberry mix to a simmer thicken with cornstarch, combine 1 tbsp cornstarch 2! ; 1-1/2 cups mashed unsweetened strawberries ; 3 cups water ; 1-1/2 cups mashed unsweetened strawberries ; Text.... Celebrate the holidays while serving up a healthy meal for your family but not too much i., sugar and lemon juice, and let boil for 10 minutes until are. Foods this strawberry syrup … How to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world whipped... And boil gently for 15 minutes longer more of the candy … this 3-ingredient simple. Jar or bottle in the fridge ’ t use it in a heavy saucepan, the are!