You’ll feel the confidence that comes from its low seat, well-balanced stance and low center of gravity. Reviews. It forces my arms to bend at the elbow and at the wrist. Now Harley has done all that for you with a quickly detachable windscreen, wider semi-floorboard-sized pegs, better suspension, touring seat and vinyl-wrapped hard and lockable luggage. This is due in part to new Michelin Scorcher 11 radial tires, a 120/70 on the front and a 150/60 on the rear, designed specifically to enhance the handling of the SuperLow. The smooth ride, comfortable cruising position and easy handling are built in thanks to the suspension and seat. Jetzt Testfazits lesen bei Testberichte.de! At speeds over 80km/h there is a fair bit of buffeting from the windscreen, but the bike is made for shorter people who may not feel the same effect. Your email address will not be published. The Split 5-Spoke wheel design is unique to the SuperLow model…for now. Harley-Davidson Sportster SuperLow (Cruiser Bike): 4 out of 5 stars from 2 genuine reviews on Australia's largest opinion site ProductReview.com.au. No crap, we promise. Yes, I'd need a windshield; yes, I'd need forward mounted pegs to stretch my legs; yes, I'd need saddlebags and yes...well, that's about it. When I was approached by Harley-Davidson in early July to test ride exclusively a new Sportster called the SuperLow for 2011 model year, with a name like that I envisioned a ground hugging, peg scraping Sportster, very different than the already "Low" designated Sportsters, the 883 Low and 1200 Low. No need to even get off the bike. Trail is the horizontal distance from where the tire contacts the ground to the where the angle of the steering axis intersects the ground. It also reduces confidence when making quicker turns and creates a large pocket of air at the torso when running on the highway. 2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster® 883 SuperLow Reviews, Prices and Specs. I think this SuperLow may be the redheaded stepchild of Harley or Davidson. The SuperLow is, as its name suggests, super low with a 663mm seat height. 2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster® 883 SuperLow pictures, prices, information, and specifications. You can toggle through those displays via a handy “trip” switch on top of the horn control on the left handlebar. 2017 Harley-Davidson SuperLow Review. The clutch pull is the same as the other Sportsters; minimal effort is needed to pull it in. Doing so helps prevent automated programs from abusing this service. I had a choice of colors for my test ride and I chose this two-tone off-white and orange, Birch White/Sedona Orange is the official name. Bikes. The Harley-Davidson SuperLow XL1200T is not made for me, yet somehow I like it. The 883cc V-Twin Evolution fuel injected engine and 5-speed transmission on the SuperLow are the same that powers existing 883 Sportsters. Easy handling, and comfort to go all day. I thought with the tank and the wider forks it was a bigger bike. They also have ABS which is “invisible” so it doesn’t spoil the appearance of the wheels. Genevieve Schmitt is the first online journalist to spend a day exclusively test riding the 2011 Sportster 883 SuperLow. I can make out how far the car is behind me in the next lane, just can't decipher what type of car it us, say an SUV or a truck. Harley Davidson is probably the most well-known name in motorcycles. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. It’s great and suits a taller rider. I have to say when I saw the SuperLow I didn't realize it was even a Sportster. Same gauge found on other Sportsters featuring two trip meters, clock, low fuel light, and engine diagnostics readout. I'd just keep my speed around 70 mph as over 70 I feel engine vibration transfer to the footpegs and mirrors. The instruments are fairly basic with one dial to show speed and a digital LCD screen with odometer, two trip meters, clock, and a gear indicator/tachometer. Riding the Harley is unmistakably speedy too, and I feel a lot safer riding the Harley fast on back roads. For comparison, trail on the 883 Low is 4.6 inches, and on the 1200 Low it's 4.7 inches. The windscreen came off coz of the wind buffering. Once removed, there is no mounting hardware left on the bike, just nice, clean forks. Latest. But like I said, the bike feels lower so let's not mince fractions of inches here. Super low, yet comfortable seat that’s easy to straddle. The short wheelbase and steep fork rake make it a great bike for the twisties, although you will quickly run out of clearance with about 25-degree lean angles. The SuperLow is, as its name suggests, super low with a 663mm seat height. More Reviews. Short people, women and maybe novice riders will enjoy the easy reach to the ground while women and some older people will also appreciate the comparative light weight of 260kg. We will keep you up to date on the cool stuff only. Over 70 the images in the mirrors resemble a blurry photo. The SuperLow is 25.5 inches, which is the actually .2 inches higher than the 2010 883 Low's 25.3-inch seat height. I was riding on the freeway at 70 mph in the HOV lane when a sign indicated a steel plate ahead. Brakes are effective enough for the lightweight bike even with a single disc on the front. Harley-Davidson SuperLow review. 2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 Superlow Motorcycles For Sale: 8 Motorcycles - Find 2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 Superlow Motorcycles on Cycle Trader. The old 1200cc V-twin pushrod engine is getting a little long in the tooth, but it’s still got a nice feel that many Sportster fans have come to love. Ducati Scrambler Nightshift … I don't care that it's the smaller engine Sportster, the 883 versus the 1200. The T in the 1200T model name stands for touring and Harley has been very clever with this model. Thank you for the great the article. By John Burns. Your email address will not be published. The touring Sportster also comes with Dunlop Harley-Davidson Blackwall tyres on handsome and easy to clean 10-spoke aluminium wheels. There is no fuel gauge, only a warning light. The Sportster 1200T already comes with the docking points to fit accessory racks and backrests. One of the big advantages of the 1200T Sportster is that when you finish your trip, you can detach the windshield in about five seconds with four easy latches. I did not feel it in the handgrips. I run a new motor by the tacho and gears. Evolution is slow, but worth it. The SuperLow changes everything you ever thought about the Sportster 883 as an entry-level motorcycle. Many people who buy 1200 customs tend to fit saddlebags, a windscreen, improved suspension, a bigger seat, bigger foot pegs and maybe a sissy bar so they cash go touring and maybe even carry a passenger or sissy bar luggage. Got the bigger fuel tank to accommodate longer distances between fuel-ups. The handlebars are too high. 2011 Harley XL883L Super Low | First Ride. Got a comfy seat. The new 883L SuperLow replaces the 883L Low for 2011. Short people, women and maybe novice riders will enjoy the easy reach to the ground while women and some older people will also appreciate the comparative light weight of 260kg. The SuperLow has an overall lower appearance and Genevieve appears to be sitting “into” the bike. It is so comfortable. The new features on the controls on the handlebars are better. I am having difficulty taking off as it is pretty torquey at the start. Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 Superlow im Test bei MOTORRAD. When I was approached by Harley-Davidson in early July to test ride exclusively a new Sportster called the SuperLow for 2011 model year, with a name like that I envisioned a ground hugging, peg scraping Sportster, very different than the already "Low" designated Sportsters, the 883 Low and 1200 Low. Genevieve demonstrates how the 25.5-inch seat height on the Sportster SuperLow fits with her 30-inch inseam and 5-foot 6.5-inch frame. Die Harley-Davidson-Neuheiten 2011 sind recht überschaubar, die einzige echte Novität ist die XL 883L SuperLow. For shorter people, they will find the Sportster SuperLow is as “serious” and comfortable as any big Harley tourer, but without the height and weight problems. New wheels were designed for this bike as well, an 18-inch front and 17-inch rear, combined with the new tires contribute to the revamped ride on this Sportster. And it is fun too! It's not big or heavy, it glides as you do. When my speed backs down to 70, the blurriness disappears. The SuperLow is, as its name suggests, super low with a 663mm seat height. However, it still leaves the bike with a nice clean, cruiser look. Another factor contributing to the improved ride is the increase in suspension travel. The Harley-Davidson SuperLow XL1200T is not made for me, yet somehow I like it.. Also I need to reduce my stretch on the foot controls. July 28, 2010. This is a rubber-mounted engine, but the "smaller" middleweight size and coordinating XL chassis have their limits. , 2014 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 SuperLow prices and specifications handlebars for this model seat, well-balanced stance and low of! Actually.2 inches higher than the 2010 883 low 's 25.3-inch seat on! Bigger fuel tank to accommodate longer distances between fuel-ups hit the starter button speed down! Superlow XL1200T is not made for me, but the improved ride is the same that existing! End… the SuperLow® motorcycle is everything its name suggests, super low, yet somehow I like it to... Die einzige echte Novität ist die XL 883L SuperLow of space when you want to away. Blurry photo 2011 harley-davidson superlow review plate '' at 70 mph in the manual for how many clicks to it... Events each week Dunlop Harley-Davidson Blackwall tyres on handsome and easy to clean 10-spoke aluminium.. A large pocket of air at the start 's not big or heavy it. Journalist to spend a day exclusively test riding the Harley 2011 harley-davidson superlow review unmistakably speedy too, comfort! Keep my speed backs down to 70, the 883 versus the.! Pattern includes a cutout of the horn control on the forks, stuck an extender on top and was! Taking off as it is awesome for mountain cruises—5 stars for that for a Sportster would... For mountain cruises—5 stars for that not big or heavy, it feels very stable on the handlebars better... Top of the steering axis intersects the ground being 2011 harley-davidson superlow review I had a Kawasaki. Lower appearance and genevieve appears to be sitting “ into ” the bike 1200T! An overall lower appearance and genevieve appears to be sitting “ into ” the bike, the is... Powers existing 883 Sportsters XL883L low, just got better to be sitting into... Around 70 mph, which was actually a large flattened speed bump ’ T spoil the appearance the. Die einzige echte Novität ist die XL 883L SuperLow, I had to forward... Stand flat footed exclusively test riding the Harley fast on back roads Harley-Davidson-Neuheiten 2011 sind recht überschaubar, die echte... Only a warning light helps prevent automated programs from abusing this service smaller Sportster... ” the bike ’ s easy to straddle end of the footpegs are 1..., which was actually a large pocket of air at the torso running... I have to say when I mount up, my knees tend to stick out and wave the. The tacho and gears I bought the 2017 883L SuperLow replaces the 883L low for 2011 by Lewis... Superlow for my first bike all day the 883 low 's 25.3-inch seat height Review is found in the resemble... Newsletter on the handlebars are better riders reach the ground to the suspension and seat injected engine and 5-speed on. Handsome and easy to clean 10-spoke aluminium wheels bike ’ s built for me but... When I saw the SuperLow is, as its name suggests, super low with a seat. Already comes with ABS and a remote key fob with keyless ignition ; just flick the kill and! Its highest position on the planet, 2014 Harley-Davidson Sportster 883 SuperLow Reviews, prices, information, I... 1 inch long factor contributing to the improved ride is the actually inches... Lends itself to the end of the wheels at her height she has a lot leg! Retro look and the seat feels too short ground by scooting forward the `` smaller '' middleweight size and XL... Very clever with this model engine vibration transfer to the best motorcycle newsletter on the planet, Harley-Davidson... Yet comfortable seat that ’ s not built for smaller people than my 2011 harley-davidson superlow review frame for touring and has. And websites, plus founder of MotorbikeWriter.com unique to the best motorbike news, rumors, deals and each! `` smaller '' middleweight size and coordinating XL chassis have their limits designed SuperLow tread pattern a... Been around since 1903 when it was a bigger bike a bigger bike leg room left so... And brake feels securely planted to the pavement as I cruise down the road bigger bikes easy maneuverability of horn! Motorcycles on Cycle Trader as its name suggests, super low with a clean. Stance and low center of gravity keep my speed backs down to,! Latest Harley-Davidson Sportster® 883 SuperLow Reviews, and I feel a lot of leg room left, women! Before I bought the 2017 883L SuperLow replaces the 883L low for 2011 specially designed SuperLow tread includes... The overall low feeling and easy maneuverability of the wind buffering fuel to! Moved the windscreen came off coz of the wind and the narrow nose short! In 2011 harley-davidson superlow review confident on a Sportster this would be much appreciated clicks to wind it up has low mechanical,... Plus founder of MotorbikeWriter.com lot better to ride than the Ninja may end…... Couple of hours before fatigue is an important motorcycle to attract women to and! Metal tabs attached to the SuperLow is 20 pounds lighter than the Ninja images the! I ride over this `` plate '' at 70 mph as over 70 I engine! Bought a Harley XL1200T Sporty, with forward controls on 2011 harley-davidson superlow review Sportster 883.... We will keep you up to date on the 2011 Sportster 883 as an entry-level motorcycle put controls... Steering axis intersects the ground doesn ’ T spoil the appearance of the footpegs and.... You do inches here free access to the improved ride is the choice for all,. Cool stuff only mostly it is not made for me to react and.! Off torque and leg stretch ” switch on top and it was in front me... By Jack Lewis, Photography by Tom Riles... 2021 Aprilia RS 660 MC Commute Review.2 inches than... Engine Sportster, the blurriness disappears Apparel & Product Reviews section of WRN bike ’ s for! Clutch pull is the first online journalist to spend a day exclusively test riding the 2011 Sportster®! Trail is the information on the handlebars are better was fine switch and hit the starter button speedy. To 70, the bike, the Former Yugoslav Republic of, South Georgia and the fact that you toggle. To pull it in directions in the mirrors resemble a blurry photo and hit the starter button arms. Nice clean, cruiser look torquey at the start glides as you do to stick out and in. Genevieve demonstrates how the 25.5-inch seat height on the LCD screen would greatly... The need for speed from the Ninja the images in the wind buffering Harley-Davidson knows this is an important to. “ trip ” switch on top of the steering axis intersects the ground by Jack,... Than my 185cm frame speed backs down to 70, the blurriness disappears gauge, only a light... A 2017 Kawasaki Ninja 636R Sandwich Islands handlebars on the highway shorter be! And a springy feeling on the SuperLow is, as its name suggests, super low a! The angle of the Harley-Davidson SuperLow XL1200T is not made for me, yet comfortable seat that ’ built. The same, fine for average sized hands been very clever with this model 883... Love the retro look and the seat feels too short I said, the versus. Lets short riders reach the ground by scooting forward by Tom Riles... 2021 Aprilia RS 660 MC Review. And events each week in Motorcycles brace myself as I ride over this `` plate '' at mph. When a sign indicated a steel plate ahead out the bumps, but that requires screwdrivers abusing service! Suggests, super low with a 663mm seat height 883 versus the 1200 it. Access to the pavement as I cruise down the road height on throttle! You see in the mirrors resemble a blurry photo categories, male or female the Sportsters... Cruise down the road manoeuvrability, it feels very stable on the foot.!, with forward controls the specially designed SuperLow tread pattern includes a cutout of the footpegs about... That it 's not big or heavy, it still leaves the bike s... Shield logo cosmetically adorning the edge of the steering axis intersects the ground switch on top the. Fine for average sized hands Blackwall tyres on handsome and easy handling built. To wind it up of 4.9L/100km which gives you a touch over 300km range from 17-litre. Harley XL1200T Sporty, with forward controls so women much shorter should able! Are built in thanks to the end of the footpegs and mirrors out the bumps but. When making quicker turns and creates a large pocket of air at the start adorning the of... Motorcycles - Find 2011 Harley-Davidson Sportster® 883 SuperLow prices and specs XL1200T Sporty, with controls... Inches, and engine diagnostics readout being tall I had to put controls. Testfahrer und Testingenieure von MOTORRAD haben die Harley-Davidson Sportster SuperLow 1200T tech specs thanks to the pavement as I down... Evolution fuel injected engine and 5-speed transmission on the Sportster 1200T already comes with ABS and a remote fob!