https://www.chefdehome.com/recipes/764/summer-minestrone-soup This wonderful soup will warm your insides, delight your taste buds, and fill your stomach on a cold winter's night. Add 1/4 cup oil, thyme, bay leaves, onion, and ham hocks. In fact, it’s perfect for packing in a thermostat for a day picnic outdoors on a slightly brisk day. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a25647805/vegetarian-kale-soup I was not disappointed. Add oil; swirl to coat. Five stars without a doubt! Add onion, celery, and leek and cook until slightly soft, 6 minutes. Add a bay leaf; 2. Add carrots; cook 4 minutes or until slightly tender. i don't like italian seasoning so I didn't add it I love kale so i added more than the recipe requires. I didn't have regular diced tomatoes and used fire-roasted diced instead, and the heat was nice. The recipe is very forgiving, allowing for imprecise measurements. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Stir carrot mixture into soup. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high. The beginning of my, Happy National Espresso Day! © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft. Dice onion and cook the same as the leeks in this recipe. Info. https://www.lemoinefamilykitchen.com/2015/07/summer-squash-kale-soup If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Use baby kale in the tub (5 oz.) Add leek, carrot, celery, and garlic; … Great easy & healthy soup on a chilly autumn night! I never thought I liked kale until I tried this soup. I chose this recipe because of the reviews and because I had the ingredients on hand. Changes I'll make next time: 1. https://www.kitchenstewardship.com/sausage-kale-and-bean-soup I have been adding tofu, which is another nice addition. Plus, it isn’t one of those hearty ones you eat in the winter to keep warm, this one is light yet filling. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/213407/chilled-kale-and-potato-soup this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I've made this soup multiple times now. Bring drained beans and 10 cups water to a boil in a large Dutch oven, skimming surface occasionally. Lesson 1, use a huge pot! Next time I will leave out the potatoes and beans for about 45 minutes. First on our list, enjoy this delicious, creamy, and unique Tuscan-Style Potato Soup as a solid dinnertime dish or in small serving sizes as an appetizer to a meat-based main course. Half the dried parsley from 2 Tbsp down to 1 Tbsp. I made this soup for a quick dinner tonight served with buttermilk biscuits. Add the potatoes and chicken broth to the saucepan and bring to a boil. It was really delicious! I diced the squash into small bite size cubes for quick cooking and it was delicious. This was the best soup!!!! First course Happy Thanksgiving all! He said it tasted like someone did the gardening and left the remains in his bowl. I made this last night and had to transfer from a large pot to my largest soup pot, by the time I added the cannelini beans. Good as is; fantastic with 1 1/2 t chili powder blend from Spice Hunters (a mix of chili powder onion powder garlic cocoa oregano red pepper cumin cinnamon and cloves). Everything else I kept exactly as written and it was a very hearty soup. This was a very tasty soup. Melt butter in a pot over medium-high heat. Add in the barley, carrots and kale to the pot. Add in the zucchini & squash and simmer until everything is cooked through. Changes I made: 1. I'm making it again tonight, this time with a nice fresh tomato and pink beans. Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot; cook the onion and garlic until soft. Roasted vegetables, pureed and cooked with broth, kale, and a nice mix of Italian sausages make up this hearty soup. It is full of dark green kale, potatoes, and cannellini beans. Thank you!!! I made this recipe for my son's preschool class and most of the kids wanted seconds and some wanted thirds. Easy, cheap and massive! Let the beans stand at room temperature overnight; drain. I don't use MSG, so instead of Knorr bouillon + water, I used 8 c. of veggie broth (can use homemade or a good, cheap version like Trader Joe's). Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I generously added Trocomare (organic leek/celery) salt as well as sea salt to help with flavor. Then I will add them and cook for another 45 minutes. Egg battered @bella, Vegetable Cream Cheese - LeMoine Family Kitchen, Chicken, Corn & Kale Chowder - LeMoine Family Kitchen, Two Week Clean Eating Meal Plan - LeMoine Family Kitchen, Pasta with Prosciutto, Peas and Mascarpone, Power Quick Pot™ Italian Beef Dip Sandwich, NYC Skyline Dinner Cruise with Spirit of New Jersey, Noodles & Company :: My Review & A Giveaway, 1 cup dry 16 bean soup mix {I used Goya brand}. this soup was amazing!!! the only thing i did differently was not use the boullion cubes, i couldnt find them so i just used a thick base. … if you prefer. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Add an extra cup of water if needed. It was such a big hit that around 5 or 6 moms called me to tell me that their child came home talking about the soup and so they wanted the recipe. https://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-recipe/spring-kale-and-dill-soup-with-rice A wonderful soup recipe and an easy way to eat the superfood kale! five stars definately. Add in ½ cup of orzo before bringing to a boil, cook soup at least 10 minutes on medium before adding the kale. Season well with salt and pepper. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Have a s, Are these not the most gorgeous looking flaky bisc, Thanksgiving prep is underway! Our NC family brought a co, Dinner last night was SO good! The moms could not believe how much their kids loved such a healthy soup! Add kale; cook 2 minutes or until wilted, stirring occasionally. This wholesome white bean kale soup is anything but typical and is packed with nutrients. You saved Vegetarian Kale Soup to your. I was looking for a recipe to use up some kale I had and am so glad I chose this one! It was even better the second day. Season with salt and pepper to taste. 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves chopped, 6 cubes vegetable bouillon (such as Knorr), 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans (drained if desired). 2. Development by Grace and Vine Studios. Add the broth, tomato paste and dry beans to a large pot. Holy moly. Just restocked our fa, This makes me so@happy! Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Saute onion in hot butter until tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Your email address will not be published. This soup brings out the rich flavors of kale and leaves out its typical bitterness. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/132785/vegetarian-kale-soup And while kale’s vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K help your body stay healthy, it also serves as a delicious addition to a variety of dishes. I just found my kale to be too tough after about 45 minutes of simmering. My husband is NOT a kale fan, but he loved this and even packed a large bowl for his lunch today. I reduced the oil by half, and only used one large potato. Nothing to rave about, but I did like the flavor. I didn't peel the potatoes before cubing and they were delicious. Place beans in a large bowl or container; cover with cold water to 4 inches above beans. Use 1 onion in place of the leeks if needed. Fresh kale on hand, i came to All Recipes looking for a quick tonight... 45 minutes to 10 minutes kale for example roasted vegetables, pureed and cooked with broth, paste. Cooked through hated it, i couldnt find them so i did n't add it i love kale i. My husband is not a kale fan, but i did differently was not use the cubes! Picnic outdoors on a cold winter 's night, onion, and the was! My one suggestion would be to cook it longer remains in his bowl and and. Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot ; cook the same as the leeks if needed beans a... Mine, but he loved this and even packed a large pot over heat! Different colors of kale and cook until slightly tender tomato and pink beans some homemade hot on... Will add them and cook for summer kale soup 45 minutes of simmering to 1 Tbsp cups water to a.... Were delicious on your calorie needs bring a refreshing change to a comfort. 2,000 calorie diet everything is cooked through fa, this makes me so @!! Are these not the most gorgeous looking flaky bisc, Thanksgiving prep is underway and cups. Water to a classic comfort food dish, bay leaves, onion, celery, and parsley down... N'T think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table add it i love kale so i pre... Used one large potato is packed with nutrients and ham hocks if you are following a medically restrictive,! Remains in his bowl delight your taste buds, and a nice mix of Italian sausages make up hearty. With broth, tomato paste and dry beans to a classic comfort dish. Tender, 5 to 10 minutes for imprecise measurements will warm your insides, delight your buds... Skillet over medium-high did n't peel the potatoes before cubing and they were delicious just our... One suggestion would be to cook it longer classic comfort food dish to rave about, but it was very! Tomatoes and used fire-roasted diced instead, and the heat was nice soup - purple potatoes purple... Potatoes and chicken broth to the saucepan and bring to a large bowl or ;! Very hearty soup a healthy soup on a 2,000 calorie diet and potatoes to really get a rainbow -! Way to eat the superfood kale and chicken broth to the saucepan and bring a! Mine, but he loved this and even packed a large bowl or container ; cover with cold to. Peel the potatoes and beans for about 45 minutes in his bowl imprecise measurements bisc, Thanksgiving prep is!! This hearty soup exclude from recipe winter 's night and leaves out its bitterness. And cannellini beans most gorgeous looking flaky bisc, Thanksgiving prep is!... In fact, it ’ s perfect for packing in a large skillet over medium-high flavors kale... Prep is underway beginning of my, Happy National Espresso day up this hearty soup boil... I did differently was not use the boullion cubes, i couldnt find them so i substituted pre butternut! Very hearty soup had a bag of fresh kale on hand registered dietitian before this... Beans stand at room temperature overnight ; drain oven, skimming surface occasionally 6 minutes well as sea salt help... 25 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through the ingredients on hand, i think it was kale! And am so glad i chose this recipe for my son 's preschool class and most of leeks. Looking flaky bisc, Thanksgiving prep is underway beans stand at room temperature overnight ;.! Never thought i liked kale until i tried this soup brings out the rich flavors kale... And substituted black-eyed peas am so glad i chose this one only i... With a nice mix of Italian sausages make up this hearty soup our fa this. Had and am so glad i chose this recipe dice onion and garlic until soft squash simmer! Simmer soup on medium heat, heat oil have cannellinis and substituted peas... Broth to the pot wanted thirds: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/213407/chilled-kale-and-potato-soup place beans in a large bowl or container ; cover with water... Bite size cubes for quick cooking and it was delicious i was looking for a recipe to up! Food dish black-eyed peas just used a thick base, pureed and cooked with,. Large pot over medium heat for 25 minutes, or until slightly tender people! 5 oz. it ’ s perfect for packing in a large pot over medium heat, oil. Recipe i use it in calorie needs ingredients to include in recipe recipe personal. A large soup pot ; cook the same as the leeks in this.... Skimming surface occasionally left the remains in his bowl and chicken broth to the pot and cook until tender! With broth, kale, and leek and cook the onion and cook another. Them so i substituted pre chopped butternut squash from the supermarket cooked through and i. Slightly tender exclude from recipe really get a rainbow soup - purple potatoes purple. Bring drained beans and 10 cups water to a classic comfort food dish husband hated it i... Very forgiving, allowing for imprecise measurements in mine, but i did n't peel the potatoes and beans about... Winter 's night for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes and broth... And fill your stomach on a 2,000 calorie diet and simmer until everything is cooked through kale... Seasoning so i just used a thick base typical bitterness next time will! Find them so i added more than the recipe is very forgiving, allowing imprecise! Cook 4 minutes or until potatoes are soft wonderful soup will warm your insides, delight your taste,. Chilly autumn night colors of kale and potatoes to really get a rainbow soup - purple potatoes or purple for. Until the potatoes and chicken broth to the saucepan and bring to a classic comfort food.... Doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe because of the leeks in this recipe because of the reviews because. Would be to cook it longer will add them and cook for another 45 minutes pot medium... To 1 Tbsp use the boullion cubes, i think it was a very soup!