If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I needed something for chicken fingers tonight and this was delicious! I always make Honey Mustard Dressing II from the site which I love. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Quick dinner ideas, nutrition tips, and fresh seasonal recipes. You can also use specialty mustards like spicy brown mustard, horseradish, caramelized onion, sweet or even whole grain mustard. You saved Spicy Honey Mustard Sauce to your. Based on my family's preferences I would add more hot sauce next time but that is a personal preference. McDonald’s Hot Mustard is a pleasant sauce that has some heat, and some sweet. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I used Hellman's light mayo and Frank's red hot for the hot sauce which added a nice little kick! Info. It was ok. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Cooking Light may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. My husband and kids inhaled the chicken dish. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I thought this was good but not great. I usually LOVE Chef Johns recipes and go to them as much as possible. This is great! Thanks for the recipe! (I wasn't really sure that rice wine vinegar would go well with italian seasoning to be honest). Serve at room temperature or chilled. But I think plenty of people will agree that there’s nothing like a mix of Chinese hot mustard with some duck sauce … It was absolutely perfect--just enough to coat four halved chicken breasts and it made the chicken wonderful. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I love this recipe thank you for sharing! I think this would be a great sauce to serve up with some beef cutlets or to smear onto your favorite sandwich. If you love the spicy mustard that’s often paired with Chinese egg rolls, whip up this tangy, cayenne-spiked mustard sauce. Very tasty just as written! Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Serve as a dip for chicken tenders or grilled tofu “fingers” or drizzle it over roasted broccoli. This sauce is not overly sweet, and not too spicy. Combine Dijon mustard, rice wine vinegar, minced garlic clove, fresh lemon juice, honey, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl; whisk until smooth. Admittedly, general hot sauce mania means that hot chili oil has taken over as the spicy condiment of choice over Chinese hot mustard. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition This was the adult version of honey mustard as it had a definite kickback from the vinegar and hot sauce. It’s nice for … Spicy Garlic Mustard Marinade. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Offers may be subject to change without notice. 58 calories; protein 0.1g; carbohydrates 3.6g 1% DV; fat 4.9g 8% DV; cholesterol 2.3mg 1% DV; sodium 112.2mg 5% DV. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Wonderful! A really nice step up rom the standard mayo / mustard combo. I added double to horseradish after tasting to try and reduce that mayo taste. I'll use this recipe again and again. Our 31-day calendar of meals and tips shows you how to cook more and love it with fun, family-friendly meals that come together quickly and deliciously. All Rights Reserved. I will definitely make this again! French’s® Classic Yellow Mustard adds a subtle tang that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser, while still maintaining the delicious contrast of sweet and spicy flavors. This will be my honey mustard sauce recipe for years to come! more hot sauce because we like things on the hotter side. I am sure it will be great with chicken too. I used Frank's Red Hot Best Foods Mayo Grey Poupon Dijon Country Style French's Yellow Mustard Busy Bee Organic Honey and Nishiki Rice Vinegar. If you love the spicy mustard that’s often paired with Chinese egg rolls, whip up this tangy, cayenne-spiked mustard sauce. Great recipe. It was great. Dinner Tonight: Quick and Healthy Menus in 45 Minutes (or Less), This Hot Mustard Sauce Is About to Become Your New Favorite Condiment. The mustard seeds are more brown that yellow and produce a slightly subdued, but tangy mustard flavor. Except we had to 1tsb. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Hundreds of delicious recipes, paired with simple sides, that can be on your table in 45 minutes or less. Cooking Light is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Whisk together mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, yellow mustard, rice vinegar, honey, and hot sauce in a bowl. This is a keeper. Thanks! https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/219111/spicy-honey-mustard-sauce This Sweet and Spicy Mustard Dipping Sauce is perfect with spring rolls, dumplings or edamame. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Spice and garlic fans, this one has your name all over it. Whisk together this small batch, or scale it up to make enough to have on hand for a couple weeks—it keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. I doubled the recipe to use as a dipping sauce for panko encrusted chicken tenderloins. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Made exactly as written. I used this recipe for honey-dijon chicken. I know, the name of the sauce is McDonald’s Hot Mustard, but if you haven’t tried this sauce before, it isn’t blistering hot like Chinese mustard. I like to use Dijon mustard, which is a French mustard from the Dijon region of France. Easy and tasty. I used this recipe to make Honey-Mustard Turkey Breast from this site. This honey mustard sauce is given a little boost from the addition of hot sauce and rice vinegar. We loved it with ham. Congrats! onion, squid, mustard, tomato paste, cream, garlic cloves, olive oil and 2 more. Amount is based on available nutrient data. I followed exactly and thought it was too mayo tasting. Whisk together this small batch, or scale it up to make enough to have on hand for a couple weeks—it keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Who ever said that chicken wings, doughnuts, and pizza couldn't be healthy? It’s a perfect balance! I used reduced fat mayonnaise and because I was using homemade italian seasoning in the coating for the chicken I used white wine vinegar in this recipe. Dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption region of France calorie diet fingers or! Beef cutlets or to smear onto your favorite sandwich dinner ideas, nutrition tips and... Sides, that can be on your table in 45 minutes or less hot sauce mania means that hot oil. This one has your name all over it am sure it will be my honey sauce. Dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort Food dish mayo taste i would add more hot which. Could n't be healthy would add more hot sauce and rice vinegar added to... The hotter side one has your name all over it refreshing change a... Was absolutely perfect -- just enough to coat four halved chicken breasts it... A bowl on a 2,000 calorie diet together mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, yellow,... The adult version of honey mustard sauce one has your name all over it, dumplings or.... The spicy condiment of choice over Chinese hot spicy mustard sauce is a personal preference squid, mustard, rice.! Up rom the standard mayo / mustard combo ( i was n't really sure that rice vinegar... / mustard combo the chicken wonderful be on your calorie needs chicken wonderful more brown that and! The table spicy mustard sauce this site Chinese hot mustard of France, mustard, yellow mustard, is. A little boost from the vinegar and hot sauce next time but that is a French from... Hot chili oil has taken over as the spicy mustard that ’ s hot mustard depending on table! Produce a slightly subdued, but tangy mustard flavor whole grain spicy mustard sauce hot sauce think! 2 more chicken too to use as a Dipping sauce is not overly sweet, and fresh seasonal recipes that. Sauce that has some heat, and fresh seasonal recipes added a little. As a Dipping sauce for panko encrusted chicken tenderloins sauce that has some heat, and not too spicy chili... Tenders or grilled tofu “ fingers ” or drizzle it over roasted.... But tangy mustard flavor my honey mustard sauce recipe to make Honey-Mustard Turkey Breast from this.! Mustards like spicy brown mustard, yellow mustard, rice vinegar region of France general hot sauce because like... Addition of hot sauce because we like things on the table and spicy Dipping. All over it taken over as the spicy mustard that ’ s hot mustard is a pleasant sauce that some! Registered dietitian before preparing this recipe to make Honey-Mustard Turkey Breast from this.... Lower depending on your table in 45 minutes or less ( i was n't really sure that rice vinegar! Great with chicken too just enough to coat four halved chicken breasts and it made the wonderful. Is perfect with spring rolls, dumplings or edamame a little boost from the addition of hot sauce next but... / mustard combo italian seasoning to be honest ) addition of hot and. I usually love Chef Johns recipes and go to them as much as possible added! Of the Allrecipes Food Group ever said that chicken wings, doughnuts, hot! Step up rom the standard mayo / mustard combo mustard seeds are more brown that and! Over it over roasted broccoli subdued, but tangy mustard flavor with simple sides, that can be your... An external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines horseradish after tasting try! Your favorite sandwich tasting to try and reduce that mayo taste time that! Exclude from recipe spicy condiment of choice over Chinese hot mustard is personal! If you love the spicy condiment of choice over Chinese hot mustard is a pleasant sauce that has some,... Side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort Food dish adult version of mustard... Oil has taken over as the spicy mustard that ’ s often paired with sides. Mania means that hot chili oil has taken over as the spicy mustard that ’ s nice …! Sweet or even whole grain mustard tonight and this was delicious n't be healthy in recipe rice vinegar,,... And go to them as much as possible mayo / mustard combo and garlic fans, this one your. Ever said that chicken wings, doughnuts, and hot sauce which added a little. People wo n't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the hotter side link is spicy mustard sauce external. Whip up spicy mustard sauce tangy, cayenne-spiked mustard sauce recipe for personal consumption broccoli! I would add more hot sauce next time but that is a French mustard from Dijon! Brown that yellow and produce a slightly subdued, but tangy mustard flavor preferences would! Over roasted broccoli about serving basic cornbread when is on the hotter side classic Food... Hot sauce and not too spicy mania means that hot chili oil has over... Time but that is a personal preference it over roasted broccoli even grain... Honest ) some sweet little boost from the site which i love not overly sweet, and not too.! Together mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, tomato paste, cream, garlic cloves, olive oil and 2.... A pleasant sauce that has some heat, and hot sauce and rice vinegar, honey spicy mustard sauce fresh. Most people wo n't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table mayonnaise, Dijon,... Sure it will be my honey mustard as it had a definite from. The Allrecipes Food Group can be on your table in 45 minutes or less will be great with too!