Sign up for the ProVideo Coalition weekly e-newsletter and get the most popular articles, blogs, and reviews right to your inbox. Nice cinematic images with great skin tones. I tend to grade in resolve then Edit in premiere, Resolve is a powerhouse for grading and I love it, the fact it comes free with the camera is amazing and a no brainer. I was worried about how well it would turn out but think that is one of my favourite shots in the video. Reply to this topic; ... To this day almost half of all the movies at the Oscars etc are shot on film or HD. Very cinematic images. I mean Hi8 is going to look like Hi8. Giant 5″ touchscreen is responsive and good enough for most situations, except the bad parts (see below). High data rates for good image quality. It’s not dual native ISO in my book. One other post production process we used for this video was faking a basic extension to the wide shots of the corridor by fading it to black. Playback only plays clips from the current frame rate. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. No metadata support for cinema glass. 71 (“Ted Lasso” Editors Melissa McCoy & A.J Catoline), ART OF THE CUT with the editors of Ted Lasso – Melissa McCoy and A.J. Easy menu system – probably the best in any camera. “Wonder Woman” by Colorist Stefan Sonnenfeld of Deluxe’s Company 3. BMD originally announced the 4K as being able to write CinemaDNG at 60 fps but it couldn’t. Again I have these in my arsenal so it makes sense, I adore these lenses as they are super sharp and perform so well, reducing 18-100 down to 2 lenses on set enables you to work really fast and having that whole range at 1.8 is incredible. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K vs 4K, The Best Lenses for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, How to Make Cinematic Videos with the BMPCC 6K and 4K Easily, Camera Shootout: BMPCC 4K vs Panasonic S1 vs Panasonic GH5 vs Sony a7 III vs Sony a7S II vs Nikon Z6, Blackmagic Pocket Camera 4K Real World Review. Can you explain how you achieved the glazed over white eyes? These are problems with the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K (Amazon, B&H) as well and have not been addressed so far. I caught up with Richard Oakes, a Cinematographer/Director at Dark Fable Media about his latest music video that was entirely shot on the Ursa Mini 4.6K. Blackmagic RAW works great in Resolve, and has a flavor for all budgets. most of the shots were lit with a really simple setup, we had one light outside the window shining in moonlight, and a 1k tungsten off to the side of the room. They were amazing to work with and everyone put their all into it. Even with the color and grain added, it held up really well and I didn’t regret not shooting in RAW! After the big delay on the shoot we had we had to rush quite a few shots in the bedroom and I wish i had a bit more time to properly compose and light some of the shots but it is what it is and I’m proud of how it ended up. Hard to know when something is clipped. Both XLR (Phantom powered) and 3.5mm inputs. On medium to high budget productions, a cinema camera needs important functionality that the Pocket 6K lacks: Now, there are always exceptions and the BMPCC 6K can be used as an A-cam if that’s the right tool for the job. Too many! 10 custom LUTs – put mine in four of them! The best online film school for serious filmmakers. It could be a URSA Mini, Resolve, or a Pocket Cinema Camera which make great crash cameras. We'd like to occasionally email you about our latest news, competitions, music, new services and updates. The film itself was shot entirely in ProResHQ at 23.98 in 4.6K 2.4:1 aspect ratio. Blackmagic Design gear used to help make more than 20 films this summer. Tokina has today expanded its range of class-leading superfast aperture cinema prime lenses with the introduction of the new... Today, DZOFILM released the Vespid Prime Lenses, its first set of full-frame prime lenses. 6K full frame as well as anamorphic options. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. We used a mix of tungsten 1ks for indoors and the Aputure C120D for exterior moonlight and light coming through the windows. Histogram is tough to read. So the video is basically a homage to The Exorcist with a different twist, mixed with band performance. Can only record to one media card at a given time. We were quite particular about the colour of the wallpaper we used on the corridor, frustratingly it was the most expensive one we found but the red and gold was a beautiful mix to work with but gave us a regal feel with a violent undertone. The clients also love this feature and it gives them more confidence on set rather than looking at LOG playback. The trick to making it look right is not to change the lighting of the scene, it makes it a lot harder to key out but the result is a lot more realistic. On the whole though, the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K (Amazon, B&H) is a great camera for filmmaking, and I would recommend it in this way: Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Weird! No direct battery plate interface, like you have in most cinema cameras. “Alien: Covenant” by Colorist Stephen Nakamura of Deluxe’s Company 3; “The Big Sick” by Colorist Alex Bickel of Color Collective at Technicolor PostWorks; “The Book of Henry” by Colorist Stefan Sonnenfeld of Deluxe’s Company 3; “Djam” by Colorist Olivier Dassonville for Lumières Numériques; “Girls Trip” by Colorist Andrew Francis of Sixteen19; “The Hero” by Colorist Mike Howell of Color Collective; “An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power” by Colorist Leo Hallal; “Landline” by Colorist Joe Gawler of Harbor Picture Company; “Mil Coses Que Faria Per Tu” by Colorist Toni Anglada of DELA, which also used DaVinci Resolve Studio for conforming and online editing; “The Mummy” by Colorist Stefan Sonnenfeld of Deluxe’s Company 3; “My Cousin Rachel” by Colorist Adam Glasman of Goldcrest Post, which also used DaVinci Resolve Studio for conforming and online editing; “Nur ein Tag” by Colorist Felix Hüsken of Farbkult; “Un, Deux, Trois” by Colorist Alexandra Pocquet; “Wallay” by Colorist Gadiel Bendelac for Lumières Numériques; and.