For Jeff, it’s all about creating an ecosystem on the farm where each entity feeds into another and contributes to the same goals. Sheep are run in the vineyard, keeping the grass down and fertilising the vines to create a naturally-balanced environment. Think the cellar door could be seperate from the restaurant, more shade from a roof over the north facing windows, and an outdoor area purpose built nestled in near the olive grove would expand their capacity a bit more. I booked a table in November for my Mother’s 60th birthday on Boxing Day. They do not have enough  time to cook dinner because they work throughout the daytime in the office and seek how…, Men and women wish to make their family happy and also them willing to shine in their career. All rights reserved. McVitty Grove Winery just past Mittagong is a model of sustainability in winemaking practice and production. Let’s hope things improve...More, Dear Reichel Pasta if the day with prawns and pesto - was not much better than dried supermarket pasta with cheap pesto. My husband had the chocolate cake with a berry sauce which neither of us liked. Restaurant menu $$$$ Price range per … Trying to find a restaurant that is open on Boxing Day at 8.30pm on Christmas Day night and Boxing Day morning is incredibly hard, we tried for hours to find a restaurant that was open, all while trying to enjoy what was left of Christmas Day with our families. The...waitress was informative and attentiveMore, This little restaurant is attached to a winery on the outskirts of Mittagong in the Southern Highlands. I had the lemon tart for dessert, again more tasteless food and $14 to boot. The shop also sells McVitty’s homemade apple cider vinegar – originally developed for the sheep as an organic drench supplement – along with herbs, vegetables and fish farmed through their aquaponics. If they are eager to prepare the delicious tomato sauce in their home, then they can focus on ingredients required for such recipe. Best Stores for Skin & Hair Care Products & ADVICE. My husband had the chocolate cake with a berry sauce which neither of us liked. I think this place has so much more potential, with arguably the best view of any southern highlands winery. They have now established 5.5ha of pinot noir and pinot gris on deep, fertile soils at the front of the property. They have now established 5.5ha of pinot noir and pinot gris on deep, fertile soils at the front of the property. In addition, a 1.5ha olive grove has been planted, which provides the backdrop for the cellar door and cafe. Use code 'farmtoflame' at checkout. They eat low hanging fruit, giving their meat – available in the McVitty farm shop – a unique flavour profile. Choose from one of 12 Wine Clubs starting at only $29. Sitting on rich, rolling farmland, it is an idyllic setting with views out to nearby Mount Jellore and the Blue Mountains in the distance. McVitty Grove Restaurant, Cellar Door, Farmshop & Cafe is now open. Are the prices at this restaurant mid-range / moderate? There are five tastes are available in this soup such as salty, sweet, savory bitter and sour. I was offered to come back on 27 December for drinks on the house. @ Wine of The Month Club FREE GROUND SHIPPING in Contiguous U.S. The sheep that browse the vineyard also are run through the adjacent olive grove. Description: Mcvitty Grove café and restaurant aims to create a sustainable and diverse dining experience with locally sourced, foraged, grown and produced foods. The Best American Wines - Shop Now at Zachys!