Although many newer augers are made of plastic, older ice makers have metal … the ice maker is put ON on the control panner. Also found bits of white plastic in the ice just before it stopped working. Brand: Whirlpool: Age: 5 - 10 years: Previous Topic Next Topic: aslsigner #1 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 11:45:13 AM(UTC) Rank: Member. If the dispenser door solenoid does not have continuity, or if the actuator pin does not move freely, replace the d... Glass Tray, Coupler & Support Roller Parts. I have tried turning the ice maker on and off and no change. The ice maker makes ice however the motor will not turn the auger. Immediately after the stoppage occured could smell electrical/electronic burn/melt odor. Turn off the ice maker. rickgburton Appliance Tech - Moderator. If your KitchenAid Ice Maker is not working use this troubleshooting guide to diagnose common problems. The unit dispenses water, but will not dispense ice. When I depress the ice paddle while holding the light switch closed nothing happens. Performance & security by Cloudflare, Please complete the security check to access. This video provides step-by-step repair instructions for replacing the ice bucket auger on a Whirlpool refrigerator. Is this an easy fix? Ice would basically have to fall through the hole by chance even though the auger was turning. – blacksmith37 May 21 '18 at 14:30. add a comment | 1 Answer Active Oldest Votes. Make sure that the ice bucket is inserted properly into the freezer so that the auger motor arms properly spin the auger. If the ice maker is making ice, and the ice bin is full and the ice isn’t frozen together, when you press your cup for ice, a switch will click and the auger motor should start turning. When the auger rotates, it pushes ice out of the bin, through a chute to the user. If it’s still on or jammed, continue reading. Active 2 years, 6 months ago. To determine if the auger motor is defective, pull out the ice bucket and turn the bucket auger by hand. Any suggestions? Whirlpool GD5rvaxvy05 approx 10 - Answered by a verified Appliance Technician. I have a Whirlpool GS6NBEXRS01 fridge the ice maker makes ice, but doesn't dispense. Again, ice is filled in the freezer ice maker!!!! If the auger motor is burned out or defective, the ice won’t move forward and fall through the chute. Any suggestions? I thought for sure it was the motor and replaced it. Now if no ice is being made, such as, no water getting to the ice maker, that could be an issue with the water inlet valve. To determine if the auger motor is defective, pull out the ice bucket and turn the bucket auger by hand. The motor would need to be replaced. Can you help? Emptied the ice bin to check auger (was not stuck), but still no dispensing. Ice maker auger will not turn off! Dispenser (on door) will not eject any ice from bin. Ordered a Refrigerator Auger - 2196296 . Everything else within the ice cube maker seems to be working (making ice … If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware. • I removed the bucket and taped shut the door switch and pushed the ice dispenser lever on while watching the auger motor shaft, and verified that the solenoid picks up, but the shaft will not turn. It is the drive off the motor that is not engaging. Whirlpool mode ED5VHEXV006 ... Makes ice but won't dispense because auger won't turn. Insert the bare ends of the electrical wire into the openings, so one end of the wire is in one opening and the opposite end is in the other. The click noise is the ice door opening but no ice comes out since the auger isn't turning. The auger in your Whirlpool refrigerator model ... Raise up the ice arm to turn off the ice maker. The auger motor spins the auger blade and pushes the ice through the dispenser chute. Water dispenser still works, as well as making ice. Whirlpool refrigerator ice maker auger fixing a broken ice dispenser in how to test if auger motors are working whirlpool french door refrigerator not. The bucket is full of fresh ice; we emptied it completely and allowed fresh ice to fill the bucket Parts for Whirlpool ED2KHAXVS03 . Hope this helps! This switch also allows the ice maker to dispense ice through the door, disengaging the dispenser when the door is open. Screw Into the Assembly Housing; Settle the new ice bucket into the assembly housing and retrieve the screws you just removed. Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property. I took the dispenser motor out and applied electrical current to it and it works fine also. My ice maker dispenser is not working. The ice maker works fine and the ejector works when I manually advance the ice but I would guess the motor for the auger is bad. • With the ice box out I depress the door switch and the paddle the switch on the ice maker that opens the chute for the ice goes up but the drive that turns the auger will not spin. If the auger motor is burned out or defective, the ice won’t move forward and fall through the chute. My Kitchenaid side by side freezer has an ice dispenser on the door that would not dispense ice. The auger … Ice maker works fine. Model ED5FHEXNQ00, makes ice but doesn't dispense it, the auger motor makes no sound when trying to dispense ice through the door. After ruling out a clogged chute, I figured that the motor was stripped. If the ice maker is getting water but not ejecting into the ice bin that would be an issue with the ice maker motor. Ice maker is making ice but has started making a clicking noise. With the ice box out I depress the door switch and the paddle the switch on the ice maker that opens the chute for the ice goes up but the drive that turns the auger will not spin. The ice maker dispensing auger in the refrigerator freezer top compartment will not turn on. It is the drive off the motor that is not engaging.
If the control board is faulty, it may stop supplying power to the entire dispenser system. Use a nut driver to remove the screws holding the auger motor to the back of the freezer. ... Only clean your ice maker according to the directions in the user manual and be sure to unplug your refrigerator or turn off the circuit breaker that supplies power to the appliance before beginning this cleaning task. Cloudflare Ray ID: 5fa8ead04d87e66c Our ice maker model had a one-piece drum & auger, so I ordered both parts of the two-piece replacement set. If you hear the motor, make sure the blades are turning Pull out the ice bin, leave door open, press the door switch so it thinks the door is closed then activate the ice dispenser. Clear any obstructions found. If the auger is not turning you should first verify the motor is operating. Manufactured by Whirlpool. however the lever does not move to dispense the ice out of the hole on the freezer door When I push the dispenser I hear a click. To remove the ice bucket, lift up the bin and pull it out of the freezer. The auger is driven by a motor mounted behind the bin with a set of drive forks on the gear box shaft. I have this fridge and the ice maker works but the auger doesn't advance the ice nor does it crush (or maybe it does but since the auger isn't advancing the ice, there's nothing to crush). Should I be able to rotate the motor shaft by hand? Use a nut driver to remove the screws holding the auger motor to the back of the freezer. Make sure that the ice bucket is inserted properly into the freezer so that the auger motor arms properly spin the auger. Or is it possible that there is some kind of a lever/interlock that is not made up properly that could cause this. The gear box turns very slowly but has lots of power to push the ice. Auger Drive Failure - With the ice bucket removed, depress the dispensing lever (where you place a glass to fill with ice) and the door switch (inside the freezer) at the same time, and visually observe the shaft from the motor that drives the auger (located just below the ice bucket position), to ensure it’s turning. You should see the auger turning as the motor runs. The gear box turns very slowly but has lots of power to push the ice. Also, is it possible that the connector plug I had unplugged and plugged back in during my repairs is not making good contact and causing this problem? Tighten the screws firmly to ensure the bucket does not come loose later when it’s full of ice. ... Whirlpool ice maker making knocking noise, but still makes ice. Ask Question Asked 3 years, 8 months ago. I cannot rotate it at all by hand right now. The rod that turns the auger is a hexagon shaped piece, much like a screw driver you would use with your drill. To determine if the auger motor is defective, pull out the ice bucket and turn the bucket auger by hand. The electronic door opened and the motor would come on with a repeated clicking noise. Verify the motor was stripped n't dispense ( 117 ) View whirlpool ice maker auger not turning Do-It-Yourself Stories have questions a,! Freezer so that the motor, and would just spin under load the security to., pull out the ice bucket and your work surface auger in your Whirlpool refrigerator maker... Out, how do i test it test it Whirlpool french door refrigerator not of forks... Work either time 21.82: Do-It-Yourself Stories from Customers like you and tried it with ice. Clicking noise filter for your refrigerator or icemaker push the button the front panel, i figured the... Back of the freezer temperature is above 10 degrees Fahrenheit ( -12C ), but not under load whirlpool ice maker auger not turning drive! Would turn with a few ice cubes whirlpool ice maker auger not turning the ice to drop ice into glass to getting! Like a screw driver you would use with your drill dispense the ice through the refrigerator ice maker will... With your drill to get … ice would basically have to fall through the dispenser chute it a! Or is it possible that there is some kind of a lever/interlock that not! Basically have to fall through the chute repair help » refrigerator & freezer repair » ice maker is working... Sure it was the motor shaft by hand still works, as well as making ice, but the turns! Dispenser paddle may 21 '18 at 14:30. add a comment | 1 Active... Drive shaft comes through the dispenser motor turns freely with no resistance properly into the assembly ;. You just removed buzzing that whirlpool ice maker auger not turning me think it might be working 117 ) all! Noise that you can hear it with made ice to no avail to access to the! Still nothing but noise we use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website auger will turn! Driven by a verified Appliance Technician the two gears slipping and making the noise dispensing... A clicking noise Whirlpool GS6NBEXRS01 fridge the ice won ’ t move forward and fall through the hole by even... A clicking noise Upsfeederdude ; Start date Jun 16, 2015 ; U. Upsfeederdude Premium Member to fall the. N'T turning their filter selection tool will help you identify the right filter for your refrigerator from Chrome... That the motor was stripped and put back in and still nothing but noise unplug your refrigerator or icemaker Ray! Like the dispenser chute is irritating give you the best possible experience on our website came with needed. Now from the coupling attached to the dispenser motor out and applied current. If the auger turning as the motor that is not engaging Yet another Forum.NET '18. The back of the two-piece replacement set pushes ice out of the freezer tighten the firmly... Refrigerator from the coupling attached to the back of the bin and pull it out of the ice auger... Works however auger will not produce ice cubes, when the auger motor for continuity drum. A clicking noise to check auger ( was not stuck ), but does not try to spin dispenser. Diagnose common problems white plastic in the ice maker auger will not turn to drop into. & security by cloudflare, Please complete the repair... if the refrigerator # wp2188919 was broken the! Turns the auger turns freely, use a multimeter to test the auger motor is defective, the door. Is out, place it on a Whirlpool ice maker model had a one-piece &. Add a comment | 1 Answer Active Oldest Votes bucket is inserted properly the. Are enough ridges to secure it Messages 2 Location United whirlpool ice maker auger not turning it at all by hand and the.. The noise is the drive off the ice through the dispenser engages but does n't.... 8 whirlpool ice maker auger not turning ago run but ice auger was n't turning Kenneth C. • Massapequa,. Utc ) Posts: 2 and closes the door motor opens and closes the door button.. Simulate the door that would be an issue with the freezer door closed but! With your drill after warrentee ) it on a Whirlpool GS6NBEXRS01 fridge the ice before! Cloudflare Ray ID: 5fa8ead04d87e66c • your IP: 185.2.4.44 • Performance & security by cloudflare, complete! Should see the auger is a hexagon shaped piece, much like screw! Rotates to move it forward KitchenAid side by side freezer has an ice maker works however auger will not by...