( Log Out /  We've joined the BHM Digital family of websites and have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Born on the 9th of June 1957 in South Charleston, West Virginia, United States. Jakes’ children. There are so many times in my week that I find myself having to stop the ever-turning wheel in my brain and choose to give God those worries and fears. Bishop Jakes actually spoke about learning of his daughter’s pregnancy in the past, and how he knew that he needed to support her rather than reject her, saying that his reaction was: “Shocked, crushed, emotionally devastated, and yet there was something down inside of me and in her mother as well, that said we have to rise above the trauma.”. Black women At some point he will be too big to carry a quarter of a mile across the river. Because He loves me. Within three months, the site had garnered over a million views. We love living in the country, but unfortunately it is not so wheelchair friendly. I also choose to believe that if Malachi is called homeward before me, God will share His peace with me. The public pressure she underwent often led to a hostile reception from community members and church-goers who, she says, held her to certain moral standards. We are all blessed by journey. Follow Lilly Workneh on Twitter @Lilly_Works. I’m so authentically myself that I don’t allow that to get to me.”. The heartache in that simple sentence is almost too much to bear. Sarah Jakes (Photo: Instagram/Sarah Jakes) Essence Magazine is gearing up for their annual Essence Festival this July by highlighting festival alums in their Women Who Empower Us series. So the first thing we have to assess is how wheelchair friendly the environment will be. The transparency and honesty she showed won her the admiration of numerous fans. Jake and I coach the high school girl’s soccer team and have held open fields on Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the summer. Jakes believes that although the pregnancy was a difficult time, it was “the best thing in the world that could have happened.” "Because there's a lot of honour that comes with it, and I have a lot of shame they I'm dealing with," she continued. 'I was unfaithful in my marriage,' says Carl Lentz after Hillsong NYC firing, Hillsong NYC Pastor Carl Lentz fired over 'moral failures', The reputation of American evangelical Christians 'has never been worse' - Francis Chan, Popular Christian blogger mourns sudden death of 'sweet, kind, godly son', Strong support for Trump among white evangelicals, exit polls show, Church leaders call nation to prayer as second lockdown begins, Prime Minister 'so deeply sorry' for church closures, Kanye West launches Christian academy for kids, Christian magistrate challenges sacking after saying children do best with a mother and father, 'No scientific justification' for church closures, say Archbishop of Canterbury and faith leaders, Government challenges trend towards 'gender neutral' toilets. For Sarah Jakes, the daughter of Bishop T.D. I am continuing to trust in God’s providence, knowing that if He chooses to bring me home before my son, He will direct Malachi’s future into the hands of a capable earthly solution. “In my case, you’re pregnant at 14, your stomach is growing, you’re sitting in a church, within service and people want to know who the father is and how it all happened. Sarah also says that she went through years of “giving myself away,” and was even married to NFL linebacker Robert Henson, but filed for divorce after four years together after he got another woman pregnant. I read an article written by a special needs dad, and it really touched my heart. Malachi’s body temperature has been stable all week so we tried adding a little adventure in our week. If you’re interested in learning more about Sarah’s story, her book comes out tomorrow, on April 1, and is available on Amazon. May 13, 2014 - Bishop Jakes and his grandson Malachi who prayed the closing prayer Father's Day service 06/16/13. Jake left two hours ago, and Malachi is absolutely convinced that he is somewhere in the house hiding from him. I had the opportunity where I could not have said anything and no one would have known at all,” Jakes admitted. Now that Jake is home for the summer he is able to accompany Malachi and I on our first-time adventures, which stresses him out to the max! ( Log Out /  May you feel God’s providence in your life this week, and my prayer for you is that you are able to take your burdens and release them to Him. When Jake looks at the pictures it gives him confidence to re-do that adventure with him, worry free. Jakes, one of the nation’s most powerful and prominent pastors, childhood presented some unique challenges. Jakes. I believe that God is a loving God, and whatever route he chooses for our lives, He will always hold our future firmly in His hands. “You know I do think it was pretty difficult, but it was always our norm. That was and is the reality of Sarah Jakes, daughter of Bishop T.D. But it also motivates me to be as busy as we can during these “easier to carry” years and make sure he gets to experience all the adventure that his little body and mind can handle. Jakes' first book was also entitled "Lost & Found," with the message of "Finding HOPE in the detours of life." Malachi overheats relatively easily and discomfort sparks his seizures. Sarah Jakes Roberts Is A Member Of . He is as content as can be, letting Jake and I work with the girls close by. I mean, my father was a preacher, who speaks for a living, and he was speechless,” Jakes said. I think the pressure only applies if I allow it to. I carried the weight of that. This week I have struggled greatly with the suffocating thoughts of life without Malachi. I hope that through Malachi’s story, you are able to get a raw and real view of faith. I think we grieved what we thought my life would be and then made the decision to pick up the pieces…’Where do we go from here? Wife, mother and One Church International first lady Sarah Jakes was featured last week, and her testimony of faith and forgiveness was shared in a powerful video. So as Tuesday’s adventure continued I smiled wildly at Jake, doing my best to reassure him, but also being silently realistic in thinking this may not work as easily as I had hoped. As I really desired to live my life for God I found the pieces that I gave away and I learned to love myself again.”, “They are incredible. But the hope I find in Christ literally keeps me going on a daily basis. Sarah Jakes with her children her children, Malachi, 11 and Makenzie, 4 in 2013. 32 Year Old Author #4. We keep a pop-up tent and some camp chairs in our cars to be ready for any scenario. He had us laughing so hard at his antics, so I took a video to share with you: This week will pick up a bit as he has several appointments: horse therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, feeding therapy, chiropractor, and picking up his new leg braces. ( Log Out /  Stay up to date with the latest Christian news! Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. I mean that pressure very much made me want to hide and I became comfortable being an introvert,” she added. Her upbringing was heavily influenced by her family’s deep involvement with the church – so when she became pregnant at 14, Jakes faced the most difficult moment in her life. Truthfully every time we go on an adventure like this I get a little sad, wondering how much longer we will be able to do these things with Malachi.