guitar: Neal Schon. Despite featuring no chorus, it has gone on to become one of the band's most recognizable hits and has enjoyed lasting popularity. Jay-Hova, as in Jehovah. "Walking on a Thin Line" by Huey Lewis and the News is about an American soldier who is trained as a sniper in the Vietnam War. "[4], "Faithfully" is written in the key of B major with a tempo of 65 beats per minute in common time. It was written for a documentary on the war. This page was last edited on 3 October 2020, at 23:07. styles: Arena Rock/Classic Rock/Prog Rock. One morning, Journey's Jonathan Cain woke up in his tour bus to the stench of diesel fuel and with the beginning of a rock anthem scrawled on a napkin. Cain reassured Prince by telling him that the songs only shared the same four chords. Like "Rosanna" by Toto, "Faithfully" contains lyrics delivered by the lead singer but written by another member of the band, which led many fans to believe Steve Perry wrote the song about a particular woman.[7]. This video utilized footage from the documentary video Journey: Frontiers and Beyond narrated by John Facenda, voice of NFL Films, shortly before his death in 1984. [5] According to the liner notes in Journey's Time3 compilation, Cain paid tribute to road manager Pat Morrow and stage manager Benny Collins when he wrote "we all need the clowns to make us smile." The next day, he completed the song in full in only a half-hour. The concept of the "road video" was later utilized with several other bands and artists, including Bon Jovi, Guns N' Roses, Genesis, Mötley Crüe, Poison and Richard Marx. When he was young, Jonathan Cain wanted to be a priest. The Christian rapper talks about where his trip to Haiti and his history of addiction fit into his songs. So the same guys who filmed Walter Payton scoring touchdowns also filmed Steve Perry shaving his mustache. "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)" The "Don't Stop Believin'" lyric was inspired by Sunset Boulevard, making it perfect for the Rock of Ages musical. Amy Winehouse really did refuse "Rehab." Listen to the track. length: 4:27. producer: Mike Stone and Kevin Elson. At the time, finding a director for a video wasn't easy, especially in America, so the band's manager, Herbie Herbert, hired the guys from NFL Films to shoot footage of the band on the road and onstage. Alicia Keys wrote "If I Ain't Got You" just after she'd heard the news that Aaliyah had passed away. Album: Frontiers ( 1983) Charted: 8. lead vocals: Steve Perry. The song was written by keyboardist Jonathan Cain. Soon after the song's release, he and his wife divorced. These Three famous songs actually describe how they were written - late into the evening. Cain connected the song's quick genesis to his Christian faith: "I'd never had a song come to me so quickly [...] it was anointed, supernatural. "[3] Neal Schon also commented on the song's inception: "[Cain] told me he got the melody out of a dream.