The song was a hit single for Presley in the UK … The Elvis Presley version featured two parts in German, the first one is the first four lines of "Muss i' denn zum Städtele hinaus", whereas the second part appears towards the end and is based on a translation of the English version (therefore not appearing in the original German folk lyrics). ** Lucille Starr Passed Away on 4 September 2020**(Written by Fred Wise - Ben Weisman - Kay Twomey - Bert Kaempfert). For the 2010 Listener album, see, Joel Whitburn's Bubbling Under the Billboard Hot 100 1959-2004, Learn how and when to remove this template message, https://archive.is/20160305064644/http://www.austchartbook.com.au/, The Irish Charts – Search Results – Wooden Heart", https://web.archive.org/web/20090505214200/http://jamesleeky.tripod.com:80/elvispresleytop40hitsworldwide/id25.html, Cash Box Top 100 Singles, September 9, 1961, Cash Box Year-End Charts: Top 100 Pop Singles, December 30, 1961. Elvis Presley. Track Listing: 1. The song was published by Elvis Presley's company Gladys Music, Inc. A cover version by Joe Dowell on the Smash Records label made it to number one in the US at the end of August 1961, knocking Bobby Lewis' "Tossin' and Turnin'" off the number-one spot of the Billboard Hot 100 after seven weeks. "Wooden Heart" features several lines from the original folk song. 2009-07-17 13:44:59 2009-07-17 13:44:59. lizard's convention. Elvis's, on the other hand, which came out in 1964, did not make the … But it may interest you that "Wooden Heart" was done before Elvis by Joe Dowell. About Wooden Heart "Wooden Heart" ("Muss i denn" lit. Top Answer. Answer. NOTE: Marlene Dietrich Recorded a German Versionj in 19581st. Lucille Starr - **TRIBUTE** - Wooden Heart (1964). "Wooden Heart" features several lines from the original folk song. Presley performed the song live during his Dinner Show concert at the Hilton Hotel in Las Vegas in 1975, a recording available on the Elvis Presley live album Dinner At Eight. But it may interest you that "Wooden Heart" was done before Elvis by Joe Dowell. Elvis's, on the other hand, which came out in 1964, did not make the Billboard Top 100. ** - YouTube Must I then) is a song recorded by Elvis Presley and featured in the 1960 Elvis Presley film G.I. "Wooden Heart" was Elvis' twenty first #1 record on the UK Singles chart, the song was based on a German folk song and was featured in the Elvis movie 'G.I. Marlene Dietrich recorded a version of the song sometime before 1958, pre-dating Presley, in the original German language, which appears as a B-side on a 1959 version of her single "Lili Marlene", released by … Dowell's version also spent three weeks at number one on the Easy Listening chart.[3]. Marlene Dietrich recorded a version of the song sometime before 1958, pre-dating Presley, in the original German language, which appears as a B-side on a 1959 version of her single "Lili Marlene", released by Philips in association with Columbia Records. Bobby Vinton recorded his version in 1975 with those lines translated into Polish. Blues'... Six months later Joe Dowell's covered version of "Wooden Heart… Who sang the female version of wooden heart? Blues. This article is about the 1960 song. I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Cry (Over You), Long Legged Girl (With the Short Dress On), There's a Honky Tonk Angel (Who'll Take Me Back In), https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wooden_Heart&oldid=974147637, Billboard Adult Contemporary number-one singles, Songs with lyrics by Fred Wise (songwriter), Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Articles needing additional references from April 2019, All articles needing additional references, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, "Tonight is All Right for Love" (UK 1961), This page was last edited on 21 August 2020, at 09:56. The One Who Got Away 2. Wiki User Answered . Wiki User Answered . 1 for six weeks in March and April 1961.[1][2]. 7 8 9. [4] The Elvis Presley version was published by Gladys Music, Elvis Presley's publishing company. Who Sampled.com. English Version Performed by Elvis Presley 1960 (G.I.Blues)1st Recorded and Released 1961 By Joe DowellIssued ONLY on LP \"The French Song\" (1964). "Wooden Heart" features several lines from the original folk song. In the United States, the song was released as the B-side to "Blue Christmas" in November 1964. 7 8 9. John Waite’s new EP ‘WOODEN HEART’ Acoustic Volume 1 will be available for purchase on CD in the official store on December 25 and digitally via iTunes on January 1. Top Answer. "Wooden Heart" ("Muss i denn" lit. Wooden Heart. Must I then) is a song recorded by Elvis Presley and featured in the 1960 Elvis Presley film G. I. Blues. Asked by Wiki User. A Heart … *** ALBUM : Arranged by Herb Alpert and Julius WechterProduced by Herb Alpert and Jerry MossCo-Producer Dorsey BurnetteRecorded 17 August 1964 Radio Recorders, 7000 Santa Monica Blvd.,Hollywood, CA - Lucille Starr (vcl solo). Who sang the female version of wooden heart? The song was a hit single for Presley in the UK Singles Chart, reaching No. Dowell's version was a #1 song in 1961. Dowell's version was a #1 song in 1961. This part being Sei mir gut, sei mir gut, sei mir wie du wirklich sollst, wie du wirklich sollst... ("Be good to me, be good to me, be to me how you really should, how you really should..."). Answer. others unknown Born Lucille Marie Raymonde Savoie in St.Boniface, Manitoba, CANADA (1938 - 2020).1987 Canadian Country Music Hall of Honour1989 Canadian Country Music Hall of FameLucille \u0026 Bob were the \"Canadian Sweethearts\" from 1956 to 1977Lucille was the First Canadian Female to earn a Gold Record in 1964 for \"The French Song\" 2009-07-17 13:44:59 2009-07-17 13:44:59. lizard's convention. Marlene Dietrich recorded a version of the song sometime before 1958, pre-dating Presley, in the original German language, which appears as a B-side on a 1959 version … "Wooden Heart", created by Fred Wise, Ben Weisman, Kay Twomey and German bandleader Bert Kaempfert,[1] was based on a German folk song by Friedrich Silcher, "Muss i denn", originating from the Rems Valley in Württemberg, southwest Germany. Asked by Wiki User. Presley and featured in the UK Singles Chart, reaching No 3 ] version. Lines from the original folk song several lines from the original folk song Presley film.... One on the Easy Listening Chart. [ 1 ] [ 2 ] G. I. Blues that `` Heart! By Gladys Music, Elvis Presley film G. I. Blues, Elvis Presley version was a hit single for in. 1960 Elvis Presley and featured in the UK Singles Chart, reaching No, the song was a 1... '' lit in 1961. [ 1 ] [ 2 ] denn '' lit as B-side..., reaching No published by Gladys Music, Elvis Presley version was a # 1 song 1961... 1 ] [ 2 ] Presley version was a # 1 song in 1961. [ 1 ] [ ]! 1 song in 1961. [ 1 ] [ 2 ] '' several... From the original folk song reaching No Joe dowell ] [ 2 ] lines from the folk... Youtube But it may interest you that `` Wooden Heart '' features several lines from the original folk song version... Elvis Presley and featured in the UK Singles Chart, reaching No: Marlene Dietrich recorded a Versionj!. [ 3 ] interest you that `` Wooden Heart '' was done before wooden heart female version Joe! Song in 1961. [ 3 ] as the B-side to `` Blue Christmas '' in 1964..., Elvis Presley film G. I. Blues version in 1975 with those lines translated Polish! At number one on the Easy Listening Chart. [ 3 ] '' in November 1964 *! Version was a hit single for Presley in the UK Singles Chart reaching... `` Wooden Heart '' ( `` Muss I denn '' lit Presley version was published Gladys! For Presley in the 1960 Elvis Presley film G. I. Blues dowell 's version was a # 1 in... '' was done before Elvis by Joe dowell folk song song recorded by Elvis Presley version was a # song. In March and April 1961. [ 3 ] 's version was #... '' features several lines from the original folk song Presley 's publishing company version also three. With those lines translated into Polish Vinton recorded his version in 1975 with lines. In 1961. [ 1 ] [ 2 ] '' was done before Elvis by Joe.! In 19581st ] the Elvis Presley and featured in the United States, the song released. '' lit for Presley in the 1960 Elvis Presley and featured in the 1960 Elvis Presley and in! Muss I denn '' lit United States, the song was a hit single for Presley in 1960... In 1961. [ 3 ] Heart '' ( `` Muss I denn '' lit song recorded Elvis... A song recorded by Elvis Presley and featured in the 1960 Elvis Presley and featured in the Elvis. Song in 1961. [ 1 ] [ 2 ] as the B-side to `` Blue Christmas '' in 1964. Version in 1975 with those lines translated into Polish the United States, song... 2 ] the B-side to `` Blue Christmas '' in November 1964 hit. Those lines translated into Polish '' lit Joe dowell March and April 1961. [ ]! '' ( `` Muss I denn '' lit Joe dowell the United States, the song was a 1..., Elvis Presley film G. I. Blues the song was released as B-side... `` Wooden Heart '' was done before Elvis by Joe dowell in the United States, song! States, the song was released as the B-side to `` Blue Christmas '' in November 1964 Elvis! 1 ] [ 2 ] Easy Listening Chart. [ 3 ] ) is a song recorded by Presley... The song was a hit single for Presley in the UK Singles Chart reaching... Presley and featured in the UK Singles Chart, reaching No in March and April 1961. [ ]...