… And you help others to do the same. I never expected myself to have a boyfriend also. You guessed it: Self-care time! Many of these people have oversensitive nervous systems, making their minute normal body functions more noticeable or detectable. When there's something wrong in your body or mind, you want to get to the bottom of it. If you are not well in your body you might not realise it can be affecting your state of mind. Dr. Holly Counts is a licensed Clinical Psychologist. I firmly believe that there’s nothing more important in life than connection with other people. At your desk: progressive muscle relaxation, screentime breaks, essential oils (think lavender and eucalyptus), In the car: think of pleasant memories, listen to funny podcasts or audiobooks, sing out loud, switch into comfier clothing, Out on the job: have a snack or candy in your pocket, chew gum, stretch, take a walk. It specializes in haunting us with examples of how something is wrong with us. Time to Change say it's " Time to Talk " and aims to get people talking about mental health without being afraid or … But before you go knocking on their door, it’s helpful to practice what you want to say. Part of the difficulty in keeping calm is just remembering you have tools to feel better! Start your morning with one consistent, concrete goal, whether it’s making coffee, eating breakfast, stretching, or anything else. Asserting your needs may result in a tough conversation, but it will be good for your relationships in the long run. It doesn’t make you weak or overly concerned. What Is Wrong With Me? This is especially true if you are already overwhelmed by other things in your life. When there's something wrong in your body or mind, you want to get to the bottom of it. It was the first time hearing that in my life and I was so scared. Please seek professional care if you believe you may have a condition. I wanted to be the sister I never was when I was young and to be a good daughter. My religion helped me a lot and grounded me. I don’t want to care about others anymore. Her current passion involves integrating holistic and alternative approaches to health and healing with psychology. It’s like everyone has friends and have a boyfriend with no issues. Notice the trends of where your mind wanders — It’s too difficult to separate every single thought we have, but we. Wait until you’re in high spirits to put yourself out there. Partially, I did not go on exchange because of the fear of needing a HIV test and discovering if I was HIV positive. Text only  |  Accessibility  |  Privacy policy, Find out what, and whether you need professional help or not. Time to look at your habits and how you can show yourself better love. Even when I am typing this now I feel like crying. Was I looking for love in the wrong relationship? Please help me. Stuck in traffic? As for the guys, there is that warning flag that many just want to have sex with you. This site may store and process health related data for the purposes of providing counseling and related services. Dear Serge, I understand your point. I feel guilt when I can’t respond as enthusiastically to her like I did. If you are someone who is hard on yourself in this area, thinking that your opinion or feelings should not be different than others, you might find yourself wondering if your differences are "wrong". I study hard in exams because of them. Don’t be afraid to approach someone at the grocery store (as long as you do it respectfully). Find a therapist to talk with about what you are thinking or feeling. You are in a tough situation and you have my sympathy. We can do this by viewing life’s struggles as challenges, rather than something wrong with us. Try to remember instead that whatever someone says to you comes from their own biases, created from their personal experiences. Read below for some reviews of BetterHelp counselors, from people experiencing similar issues. I wish you were a better listener.”, Second draft — “I really value being listened to and understood. Balance indulgence and self-care. She utilizes a mind, body and spirit approach to healing. I made sure I had a serving spoon on all dishes so my family will not have AIDs transmitted to them if they shared my saliva. If you feel uncharacteristically sad, depressed, or anxious or feel like you can’t think straight, this could be an indication that something is wrong emotionally.