The one thing I want you to know is to start studying for the SAT and ACT your Sophomore year. It made the college application process less stressful. I am grateful that TMHS has made possible such an amazing highschool experience. It offers many advanced courses such as Dual Credit and AP that allows students to get out of their comfort zones and challenge themselves. #hounews #COVID19 #MaskUp https://t.co/xEGQrKcTvJ pic.twitter.com/ZEjJy4qjyI, — Houston Health Dept (@HoustonHealth) July 24, 2020. That Helped Some Transgender Patients Access Health Care, Deciding How To Celebrate The Holidays In A Pandemic (Nov. 6, 2020), Weekly Oil Market Crash Update: Texas Oil And Gas Industry Still Contracting, But Some Indicators Show Recovery On The Way, Live 2020 Election Updates From NPR: Watching Very Tight Races, Houston Ballet Drive-In Provides A Pandemic-Friendly Way To Enjoy Dance, Texas AG Ken Paxton’s Affair Tied To Criminal Allegations, AP Reports, 5 Election Takeways From The Houston Area, 16 Houston Schools Close Over COVID-19 Concerns On 2nd Day Of In-Person Learning, Update: Tropical Storm Beta Weakens To Tropical Depression, Stalls Over Texas Coast, Archeologists Reflect On 'Sugar Land 95' As Efforts Continue To Identify Remains, 'He Was Good At Everything': Slain Arson Investigator Honored At Houston Memorial, Updated: Veteran HPD Sergeant Shot And Killed In Southwest Houston, Police Say, As Houston Mulls Police Reform, Chief Art Acevedo Responds To Activist Demands, First COVID-19, Now Flu Season Arrives In Texas, Houston To Resume Some Public Events In Limited Capacity After COVID-19 Cancellations, Update: Texas Sees First Laura-Related Deaths; Galveston Evacuees Set To Return From Austin, What's It Like To Head Back To College During A Pandemic? Because of orchestra, I have established friendships and made countless memories that I will always treasure. I love Kerr, and will always have a special place in my heart.Read 78 Reviews, Junior: I love that the teachers are so committed to your learning and truly do want to see you succeed. In my 4 years in Kerr I never experienced nor heard of a fight! Find out what school district you are in and what school you are zoned for by exploring our school boundary maps. They really do care for the children, and get to know everyone. The staff at Cy-Falls are so accepting and do an amazing job at ensuring our education as students and as future leaders an also do an outstanding job at ensuring our safety. 2021 Best Private High Schools in America, 2021 Best Boarding High Schools in America, 2021 Best Charter High Schools in America, 2021 Best Public Elementary Schools in America, 2021 Most Diverse School Districts in America, Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District, TX, Spring Branch Independent School District, TX. This is a 5-star school. Exclude schools that offer grades higher than the selected grade. The staff at Cy-Falls are so accepting and do an amazing job at ensuring our education as students and as future leaders an also do an outstanding job at ensuring our safety. In a semester you have an accelerated block meaning that you have 4 classes per semester, and when done the next semester you have 4 new ones just like college. 16:1 Student-Teacher Ratio. Davis Land is Houston Public Media's senior news producer. Horace Mann (1796-1859) Harris County, Texas Website Links to each Independent . However, one downfall would be the size of the student body. School offers many STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, and Math) classes and clubs such as PLTW(Project Lead The Way) Gateway and Launch classes, Rocketary Challenge, SeaPerch, First Robotics, Vex Robotics, Math Count, Math Olympiad, Science Fair, Science Olympiad, Code.Org, GirlsWhoCode, etc.. School offers more than 21 academic and athletic clubs. Westchester is a great school for anyone, its easy to fit in!Read 328 Reviews, Senior: There are a lot of things I love about Cypress Falls High School! It prepares you for the college life. However, the school does not have the best athletics program or creative art program.Read 218 Reviews, Senior: Kingwood Park High School is an amazing school! Going to AECHS was truly a developing experience. They give a plethora of instruments and great teachers and consultants so we can excel not only in academics but also in the arts. School has security officers to help the Campus Operation.Read 21 Reviews. The best part is, without a doubt, going to hospitals and shadowing nurses for about 4-6 hours each week! Caring and highly educated staff members that are always willing to go above what is needed to help the students be successful. While there is a lot of great things about this school, there is also a big flaw. They truly love to teach, and do an amazing job at instilling important leadership qualities into their students. The atmosphere allows students to have a glimpse of college. Children should be exposed to technology as it is rapidly expanding.Read 2 Reviews, Parent: Awesome teachers! To sum up Bellaire, is the ONLY high school I recommend incoming students and anyone that wishes to keep their high school memory special later on in life. Minority enrollment is 83% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Texas public school average of 72% (majority Hispanic). Yes, we do not have any sports, but it would be nice to show others that we support each other and our school.Read 126 Reviews, Parent: International academic and student population; Very hands-on; Personal; Emphasis on far-reaching analytical, critical and creative thinking W/ small classes. She is a hard nut to crack though, she is very firm yet fair in all her decisions as a principal. Second to none. School can be pretty stressful sometimes, but everywhere you turn there is someone to support you at SECA :)Read 203 Reviews, Junior: I am an upcoming junior in Bellaire High School and my experience in this school has been delightful and amazing so far! Quest provides different opportunities for students to learn and discover ways to challenge yourself academically and personally. I am pursuing my Associate of Science, and have finished over 60% of the provided program.