This results in memory loss, hearing loss, mood swings and seizures. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Viewers did not know what they were in for when Diagnosis dropped to Netflix on Friday, August 16th. This movie shows exactly what we went through during the war and what we are now having to endure suffering from Gulf War Illness. The best movies and TV shows, plus weekly new releases. Want to watch for free? Check out our editors' picks for the movies and TV shows we're excited about this month, including the premieres of "Marvel 616," Proxima, and more. This is known as Gulf War illness. I am very happy to have a copy as it was very difficult to locate. Most of our subscribers receive their discs within two business days. Oscar-winner Charlton Heston narrates this 1998 documentary examining the technology and tactics that helped Allied forces deal an overpowering blow to the Iraqi military during the first Persian Gulf War. It all stems from Dr Sanders’ New York Times column, where she crowdsources for answers to these rare conditions. I can’t be the only one that wants to help Willie. Eve spends her days writing about TV and film, music, and practically every reality TV show under the sun. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. This has understandably frustrated viewers who are seeking to set up a GoFundMe page for Willie. And why are viewers still desperate to help out the Reyes family? The globe-spanning story of the oil industry from the first strikes of the 19th century through the Gulf War. Please try again. Just do a web search for "Glenn Stewart Gulf War Syndrome". He lives with wife Sandra and daughter Serena. When she’s not writing you can find her out with friends, making music or attending events for the brand. Surprise - just about everything you ever knew about oil and power is wrong.This terrific documentary based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning book presents an incredibly incisive and insightful story based one on bold premise:All wars and world economy since WWI has been driven by the need to control access to oil.From Japan attacking Pearl Harbor, to Hitler opening a second front on Russia (muchless the recent Middle East wars), the startling fact is oil has been an underlying motivation for war and economic power struggles.Loaded with detail, trivia, history and hard-fact reportage.Don't miss this one - once seen, you'll never look at oil, power and history in the same perspective again. Most doctors were stumped by Willie’s case and test results and Dr Sanders’ initial crowdsourcing was not that conclusive. The Prize: The Epic Quest for Oil, Money & Power Segments entitled "Secrets in the Sand" and "Steel Rain" explain the gadgetry employed in the air and ground campaigns. At the end of the episode, we are informed that Willie is still awaiting approval to receive help from the Department of Veteran Affairs financially and medically. Potential diagnoses included Alzheimers, clippers and cancer but all the scans came up as negative and the biopsy returned as “unspecified inflammation.”. Will watch it again in case I was not in the right mood on first viewing. Was this review helpful to you? Viewers did not know what they were in for when Diagnosis dropped to Netflix on Friday, August 16th. Use the HTML below. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Hanna Sillitoe lands Dragons’ Den “dream team” – how to buy her skincare line! We send out your disc the next business day. Oscar-winner Charlton Heston narrates this 1998 documentary examining the technology and tactics that helped Allied forces deal an overpowering blow to the Iraqi military during the first Persian Gulf War. View production, box office, & company info, FILM LIFE: Energy Demands and the Black Gold | Chapter 7. For any Veteran suffering from Gulf War Illness like myself, I have a dedicated advocacy page located on Google+. Willie has slowly been losing pieces of himself as his the lesions on his brain become more inflamed. Since it came to air, the seven-part documentary series has proven itself to be a real-life version of House, as Dr Lisa Sanders attempts to diagnose America’s seemingly-unsolvable medical cases. Don't let Region 2 stop you! Since 1998, DVD Netflix has been the premier DVD-by-mail rental service. The industry's colorful characters and oil's key role in 20th century history are brought to life by participants and historians. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 23, 2016. Browse from thousands of movies and shows. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. This FAQ is empty. 20 of 21 people found this review helpful. I have a copy of the movie script but lost the movie itself. Check out some of the IMDb editors' favorites movies and shows to round out your Watchlist. One said “WTF is wrong with the healthcare system in America,” while another added, “I’m utterly sickened by the US government.”. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Reviewed in the United States on February 23, 2014, ya'll need to see this movie which explains why is why our government did what it did in Iraq and then tried to cover it up, Reviewed in the United States on December 27, 2014, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 27, 2019, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 9, 2017, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 26, 2017. Reviewed in the United States on December 7, 2017. I provided the testimony to Congress for Desert Storm Health Affected vets and their families. This documentary chronicles the swift response of the United States and the events that led to Operation Desert Storm. The industry's colorful characters and oil's key role in 20th century history are brought to life by participants and historians. As a Desert Shield/Desert Storm veteran, I thought I was imagining things when I was ignored, passed off and generally pushed to the side. Oil is struck in Texas. Oscar-winner Charlton Heston narrates this 1998 documentary examining the technology and tactics that helped Allied forces deal an overpowering blow to the Iraqi military during the first Persian Gulf War. So maybe Hollywood could have done a better job by some standards. Nothing wrong with the DVD just not the one I wanted. Willie joined the US army at the age of eighteen and travelled all across the world, from Germany to Korea and Saudi Arabia. Henri Deterding of Royal Dutch Petroleum and Marcus Samuel of Shell join forces and compete against Standard Oil. Willie was also previously denied early retirement and disability living allowances, despite being a war veteran. Popular Tags: ITV,Channel 4,BBC,Love Island,Netflix. #diagnosis @LisaSandersmd @netflix, — ListentoLisa (@LisaAndHolt) August 17, 2019, SUBSCRIBE AND READ THE NEW REALITY TITBIT MAGAZINE HERE. Since it came to air, the seven-part documentary series has proven itself to be a real-life version of House, as Dr Lisa Sanders attempts to diagnose America’s seemingly-unsolvable medical cases. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. I like Ted Danson, but this is poor on a first watch. Prepare to walk away thinking. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA. The film also discusses the nagging consequences of leaving the despotic Saddam Hussein in power. With Donald Sutherland, Daniel Yergin, Norman Cooley, Stephanie Cran. For any Veteran suffering from Gulf War Illness like myself, I have a dedicated advocacy page located on Google+. Everything from Rasmussen’s encephalitis to Rumination syndrome has been shown. (1992– ). After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. But there are many men & women who can verify massive amounts of truth in this! I think that his loss of memory, his loss of control over his emotions come from the fact that this creeping invasion of whatever this white stuff is has hit that part of his brain. Pick your movies, watch when you want, return, and repeat. Join for a free month. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Muckraking journalist Ida Tarbell pulls back the curtain and reveals ... Oil is struck in Sumatra. The veteran described his symptoms as “classic Gulf War stuff.”. But one man’s mystery condition which particularly stood out was that of Willie Reyes, the Gulf War veteran. Seriously consider this & even if part seems cheesy, hang in there it's worth the watch! Willie’s loss of job meant that the Reyes family were leaning on Sandra as the household’s income provider. Just do a web search for "Glenn Stewart Gulf War … Have something to tell us about this article? Worse, I suffered (and am still suffering) from the same symptoms as shown in the movie. Both the producers of Diagnosis and viewers were stunned as Willie revealed to camera that they had no healthcare plan and they had accrued up to $10,000 in debt in healthcare bills. Please try again. Reviewed in the United States on January 25, 2011. He served in the army for eight years before he started working at a prison. Since it came to air, the seven-part documentary series has proven itself to be a real-life version of House, as Dr Lisa Sanders attempts to diagnose America’s seemingly-unsolvable medical cases. Title: Highly recommended! The acting was great, the subject good. But after he fell ill, Willie lost his job at the prison, one he’d had for nineteen years. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Free returns, plus no due dates or late fees. It leaves him just powerless. I ordered and watch this several times and each time it makes my blood boil. There you will find the advocacy page, links to resource information and link to the YouTube channel. Segments entitled "Secrets in the Sand" and "Steel Rain" explain the gadgetry employed in the air and ground campaigns. {{^disable_secondary_title}} {{#secondary_title}} {{secondary_title}} {{/secondary_title}} {{^secondary_title}} {{title.raw}} {{/secondary_title}} {{/disable_secondary_title}} {{#disable_secondary_title}} {{ title.raw }} {{/disable_secondary_title}}. A study by the VA Puget Sound Health Care System and the University of Washington showed that veterans who had experienced explosions sometimes had memory loss and mood changes years after they served in the army. Outstanding. The globe-spanning story of the oil industry from the first strikes of the 19th century through the Gulf War. Diagnosis season 2: Netflix renewal status, medical cases and more. The key but often overlooked role that oil played in World War II is examined and discussed by war veterans and military historians. TV movie stuff. IMPORTANT INFO CONTAINED WITHIN! Free delivery to your mailbox and free returns. You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. Willie Reyes is a 46-year-old living in Vado, New Mexico with a rather complicated and debilitating illness. NR - Not rated. So what happened to Willie on Diagnosis? Viewers did not know what they were in for when Diagnosis dropped to Netflix on Friday, August 16th.