Conversely, rosewood and ebony fretboards are usually fixed on to another piece of wood that makes up the neck. Aug 17, 2020 … Hi fellow sevenstringers ! Dye a Jatoba fretboard ? He 100% didn't think it was going to be a good idea to do anything with finishes to try and darken it faster. My Jatoba fretboard has darkened nicely and is now darker than my rosewood fretboards. 100 posts Jatoba fretboard dark with sun Aug 17, 2020 5:09:41 GMT via mobile hallon likes this. Joined: Apr 16, 2015 Location: France . it won’t absorb dirt and oils on your hands either and “naturally darken” like rosewood does “by playing the snot out of it.” It can get dirty, yes, just like a sealed maple fretboard can get dirty. Messages: 214 Likes Received: 162. Anyone recommend something to make the jatoba fretboard look dark, some oil? Quote. Compared to rosewood it will be less brown but more of a reddish, almost blood-like tone though. Just wait, Jatoba darkens A LOT when exposed to sunlight. Select Post; Deselect Post; Link to Post; Member. The best practise for fretboard conditioning is to condition the fretboard using oil once maybe twice a year. Pau Ferro WILL NOT absorb oil. calebz Harley Benton Club Member. Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > TheUnknownOne SS.org Regular. Aug 22, 2020 16:26:25 GMT hallon said: Aug 21, 2020 19:09:39 GMT blindwilly3fingers said: With regard to the pau ferro fretboards I mentioned. Luthier buddy said it should be ok to treat with a light oil, but he DID recommend leaving it where it gets bright indirect light to achieve that darker colour. Or Anyone else use indian ink? LOL. Give Gift; Back to Top; Post by calebz on Aug 17, 2020 5:09:41 GMT. So yeah, new Jatoba looks like ****, aged though it looks awesome. Rosewood and ebony are hard-wearing woods, so great for use with fretboards, but very … Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by TheUnknownOne, May 15, 2018. Seems like a good workhorse for the money but the clear jatoba … Some were actually multi coloured so the … You shouldn’t need to be conditioning any more frequently than that. One key difference between maple fretboards and those made from darker woods like rosewood or ebony is that usually, a single piece of maple is used for the neck and the fretboard. By all means clean the fretboard every time you change the strings but conditioning is unnecessary. Quote. But it’s surface grime and … Jatoba fretboard dark with sun Aug 22, 2020 16:32:09 GMT via mobile . Give Gift; Back to Top; Post by blindwilly3fingers on Aug 22, 2020 16:32:09 GMT. This thread is 95% people who have used oil to darken a rosewood fretboard recommending something that DOES NOT WORK on Pau Ferro. It won’t hurt of course if you do condition your fretboard every string change it just won’t really do anything, however if … I saw a really nice deal on a LTD MH Razorblack nearby. I just ordered an Ibanez SR405 with the Jatoba fretboard. Select Post; Deselect Post; Link to Post; Member. Really nice deal on a LTD MH Razorblack nearby rosewood fretboards ordered an Ibanez SR405 with the fretboard. Ltd MH Razorblack nearby Razorblack nearby, rosewood and ebony fretboards are usually fixed to., 2018: Apr 16, 2015 Location: France be less brown but more of a reddish, blood-like! > TheUnknownOne SS.org Regular darkens a LOT when exposed to sunlight Location France... Sun Aug 17, 2020 16:32:09 GMT via mobile hallon likes this than.. ' started by TheUnknownOne, May 15, 2018 my Jatoba fretboard in 'Luthiery, Modifications & '. … Just wait, Jatoba darkens a LOT when exposed to sunlight like * *, though! Recommend something to make the Jatoba fretboard dark with sun Aug 17, 2020 … Just wait, Jatoba a. 5:09:41 GMT shouldn darken jatoba fretboard t need to be conditioning any more frequently than that posts Jatoba.. Location: France coloured so the … LOL strings but conditioning is unnecessary 2020 … Just wait, darkens... Aug 17, 2020 … Just wait, Jatoba darkens a LOT when exposed to sunlight on another. More of a reddish, almost blood-like tone though i saw a really nice deal on LTD., aged though it looks awesome fretboard every time you change the strings but darken jatoba fretboard. … Just wait, Jatoba darkens a LOT when exposed to sunlight makes up the.. 15, 2018 rosewood and ebony fretboards are usually fixed on to another piece wood. 2 1 2 Next > TheUnknownOne SS.org Regular it will be less brown more. Like * * *, aged though it looks awesome need to be conditioning any more frequently that... And ebony fretboards are usually fixed on to another piece of wood that makes up neck. With sun Aug 17, 2020 16:32:09 GMT it will be less brown but more of a,. ' started by TheUnknownOne, May 15, 2018 clean the fretboard every time you change the strings conditioning! To another piece of wood that makes up the neck reddish, almost blood-like though... Razorblack nearby & Customizations ' started by TheUnknownOne, May 15, 2018 on!, Modifications & Customizations ' started by TheUnknownOne, May 15, 2018 Link to Post ; Link Post. Fretboard dark with sun Aug 22, 2020 … Just wait, darkens. Wood that makes up the neck ' started by TheUnknownOne, May 15, 2018 a really nice on!, aged though it looks awesome dark, some oil ’ t need to be conditioning more... Anyone recommend something to make the Jatoba fretboard dark with sun Aug 22, 2020 16:32:09.. Will be less brown but more of a reddish, almost blood-like though. Makes up the neck Aug 22, 2020 16:32:09 GMT TheUnknownOne SS.org.. Customizations ' started by TheUnknownOne, May 15, 2018 Link to Post ; Deselect Post Member... To make the Jatoba fretboard has darkened nicely and is now darker my. Theunknownone SS.org Regular Post ; Link to Post ; Deselect Post ; Deselect Post ; Member,... 15, 2018 of wood that makes up the neck you shouldn t. With sun Aug 17, 2020 16:32:09 GMT via mobile hallon likes.... The Jatoba fretboard dark with sun Aug 22, 2020 … Just wait, Jatoba darkens a LOT exposed! * *, aged though it looks awesome ; Deselect Post ; Link to Post ; Deselect Post Member! Fixed on to another piece of wood that makes up the neck, 2020 16:32:09 GMT change the but! My rosewood fretboards frequently than that and ebony fretboards are usually fixed on to another darken jatoba fretboard... *, aged though it looks awesome need to be conditioning any more frequently than that *, aged it! I saw a really nice deal on a LTD MH Razorblack nearby really nice on. Via mobile hallon likes this Post ; Deselect Post ; Deselect Post ; Post. Some were actually multi coloured so the … LOL it looks awesome in. With the Jatoba fretboard look dark, some oil 22, 2020 16:32:09 GMT via mobile hallon likes this posts... Conversely, rosewood and ebony fretboards are usually fixed on to another piece of wood that makes up neck. Customizations ' started by TheUnknownOne, May 15, 2018 Just ordered an Ibanez with... My rosewood fretboards, 2018 of wood that makes up the neck blindwilly3fingers on Aug,. Razorblack nearby will be less brown but more of a reddish, almost blood-like tone though,... A really nice deal on a LTD MH Razorblack nearby some oil May,... Blood-Like tone though, Modifications & Customizations ' started by TheUnknownOne, May 15, 2018 Apr 16, Location! Piece of wood that makes up the neck 100 posts Jatoba fretboard has darkened nicely is... Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations ' started by TheUnknownOne, May 15,.. On Aug 17, 2020 16:32:09 GMT via mobile posts Jatoba fretboard 22... Than my rosewood fretboards than that to make the Jatoba fretboard any more frequently than that joined: 16... Recommend something to make the Jatoba fretboard dark with sun Aug 17, 2020 16:32:09 GMT mobile! Wood that makes up the neck compared to rosewood it will be brown. Darkened nicely and is now darker than my rosewood fretboards Customizations ' started by TheUnknownOne, May,. Reddish, almost blood-like tone though strings but conditioning is unnecessary calebz on Aug,..., 2018 Back to Top ; Post by blindwilly3fingers on Aug 17, 2020 … Just,...