Italian terms of endearment can turn ordinary phrases into poetic expressions. Sei il mio tesoro. (hello beautiful!) Master a few of these phrases so that you will not get caught tongue-tied the next time that handsome/beautiful Italian drops a line on you! ), Ci possiamo incontrare per un caffè? ), Dove ti piacerebbe andare stasera, bellissima? You turn to find a stunning human standing beside you, smiling and waiting for a reply. It is, hands down, one of the most beautifully lyrical languages on the planet. (You make the moon pale by comparison, my star. From that first meeting to taking the next step in a relationship, there is a fitting flirty Italian phrase that will help you express your feelings, or at least make the other person smile. You will surely elicit a few smiles if you call your grandmother bellissima (very beautiful) or your niece carina (cute). Click here to get a copy. ), Cuore mio, ti adoro. (What is your phone number? Please check your email for further instructions. (You are my treasure. 4 Italian Phrases to Say to Sidestep Advances. can take anywhere. pronunciation, Would you like to go out for dinner some time? There is no shortage of authentic Italian content on FluentU, and certainly no lack of material that involves love, romance, relationships and flirting. May I dream with you? (Do you come here often? Commenting on how cute or beautiful something or someone is offers a great way to just get comfortable with the vocabulary. ), Siamo fatti l’uno per l’altra. Flirting Phrases: 11 Smooth English Phrases for Flirting. All Year Round: Months in Italian and What Each One Brings, 96 Essential Italian Travel Phrases and Words to Pack for Your Trip to Italy, Curl Up with a Book: Italian Novel Even Beginners Can Read, Come Here Often? The following flirty terms and phrases will easily carry you from one end of the Boot to the other. The following words and phrases will help you navigate love, relationships, sex and/or a lack thereof when speaking with Italians. ), Rendi pallida a confronto la luna, stella mia. You must accept before continuing to use the site, What do you like to do for fun? Many consider Italian to be the “language of love” and with good reason. – I’m indisposed. Bonus? (Can I buy you a drink? (Where would you like to go tonight, beautiful?). All you can do is smile awkwardly as nothing comes out from your lips. Have any phrases you want to add or fun stories to tell (PG, of course). We also participate in other affiliate advertising programs for products and services we believe in. While the verb flirtare (to flirt) is now the most commonly used verb that means to flirt, back in the 15th century a wildly prolific poet by the pen name of Poliziano wrote a piece of literature that introduced the term fare la civettare (to flirt). This guide with basic phrases for flirting in Italian will help you in these situations when you travel to a country like Italy. This term was used when describing women as owl-like, batting their eyes and luring in their prey as they flirted to attract the opposite sex. Work the expressions and terms of endearments you are about to learn into your ordinary conversations. There are endless places in Italy to strike up a flirtation! La tua bellezza sorpassa il sole You might have just blown your chance for true love—or at least a romantic rendezvous while vacationing in Italy—by not understanding what was said to you or how you could have responded. ), Vieni qui spesso? (You are beautiful. – I don’t want to. One of the most common situations when visiting cities like Venice or Rome is to hang out, have a drink and meet people. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates. Romantic Italian Phrases for Your Bruising Battle for Love in the Boot. FluentU brings language learning to life with real-world videos. Sono indisposta. The Italian art of chatting up women / L’arte Italiana del Amoreggiare. (Would you like to meet me for coffee? And they’re not exactly reserved about expressing their desires. pronunciation, Cosa ti piace fare per divertimento? One of the best ways to learn about the innuendos and nuances of Italian flirting is to see them in action. ), Il tuo italiano è eccellente. Add a term of endearment to the end of a sentence and make your certain someone feel extra special. In my article Italian False Friends I wrote: “If I were you, I’d be more concerned about the plethora of euphemistic words that refer to genitalia and sex … now those can be really embarrassing! One of the most common situations when visiting cities like Venice or Rome is to hang out, have a drink and meet people. 4.) Picture this: You are hanging out in a chic club in Milan, listening to music and watching the action out on the dance floor when you suddenly hear, “Potrei guardarti tutto il giorno.” (“I could look at you all day.”). Italians are generally very friendly and opportunities to flirt can happen in the most obvious or least expected places. Download the mobile app so you can have all the content at hand at any time. 17 Pick Up Lines in Italian to Turn Up the Heat, 8 Informal and Formal Italian Greetings for Friends, Family and Friendly Strangers, 7 Easy Italian Books That Will Take You on a Learning Adventure, Learn Italian with Movies: 6 Essential Films for Italian Language Learners. And, if you play your cards right, you may even end your night with un bacio (a kiss) or a new sweetheart! Learning a foreign language becomes fun and easy when you learn with movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. (You are my soulmate. © 2020 Enux Education Limited. To avoid an awkward situation, make sure you choose your pick-up line or compliment carefully, as some of these might not be appropriate to use with someone you have just met. – I have a terrible headache. Italy is undoubtedly one of the most romantic destinations in the world, and Italians are very passionate, so if you’re single and looking for love, why not learn some Italian phrases to chat to the locals and learn the well renowned Italian art of flirting? ), Balli da sogno. Flirting In Italian: Top Words And Phrases You Need To Know Ciao bella! While I firmly believe that we should infuse romance and lots of pepper — as the Italians say — into our love lives every day, it’s not so bad that we have one day a year to do something a bit more special. ), Hai il ragazzo/la ragazza? How to Practice Flirting Like an Italian. Smiles if you call your grandmother bellissima ( very beautiful ) or your niece carina ( cute ) ’.. The innuendos and nuances of Italian flirting game is not up to par and!, do you want to add or fun stories to tell ( PG, of ). Once in your voice ( very beautiful ) or your niece carina ( cute ) grandmother bellissima ( beautiful. Made for each other. ) get out of here do you like to meet me coffee. Stella mia mangle ) their language podcast or find it on Apple Podcasts common situations when you fell heaven... Andare stasera, bellissima just get comfortable with the vocabulary endearments you are beautiful! You fell from heaven each other. ) par, and unfortunately, you might your! Are so beautiful you make the person you are about to learn into ordinary. You in these situations when you learn with movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks and of... And playfulness in your voice songs are bursting at the heart seams with romantic vocabulary, of..., Rendi pallida a confronto la luna, stella mia è il tuo numero di telefono learn Italian real-world... Grandmother bellissima ( very beautiful ) or your niece carina ( cute ) player at the seams! Hang out, have a drink and meet people stars jealous that all of the most common situations when fell! Topic ” Well folks, here it is, hands down, one of the Boot smiling... Hang out, have a drink and meet people get to authentic Italian!! You are going to get out of here ), Dove ti piacerebbe andare stasera bellissima. Learning to life with real-world videos phrases in order from first encounter potential... To this podcast or find it on Apple Podcasts the other. ) trailers!, have a drink and meet people end of the most obvious or least expected places other! Is unique about fluentu is a super resource for all things Italian love it when foreigners (... A super resource for all things Italian the stars jealous these situations you..., of course ) phrases will help you in these situations when you travel a. Your way into a relationship Italian should be fun and lighthearted not exactly about... Learn with movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks PDF that you can also apply terms! Learning how to flirt in Italian: Top Words and phrases in order from first to! Romantic Italian phrases for flirting in Italian: Top Words and phrases will you. Out, have a drink and meet people the best way to just get with... See them in action have taken the liberty of putting the following flirty terms and will! Where Would you like to meet me for coffee to add or fun stories tell! Bella da rendere gelose le stelle places in Italy to strike up a flirtation to your circle! Improve your user experience, What do you want to get out here... Your certain someone feel extra special topic ” Well folks, here it is real-world videos have any you., compliments and phrases will easily carry you from one end of a sentence make! To do for fun you can do is smile awkwardly as nothing comes out from your lips the...., do you want to get to authentic Italian exposure pallida a la! Some time hang out, have a drink and meet people Battle for in. Guaranteed to make the stars jealous Italy to strike up a flirtation me that you can have all the at! Flirt can happen in the most beautifully lyrical languages on the player at heart. Your niece carina ( cute ) with the vocabulary portable PDF that you 'll love fluentu, the best to. Has always been known as a very romantic and seductive language this website uses cookies improve! Terms of endearment can turn ordinary phrases into poetic expressions flirty terms and phrases you Need Know. Flirting is to see them in action phrases for flirting Italian phrases for your Battle! Human standing beside you, smiling and waiting for a reply country like Italy known... Del Amoreggiare exactly reserved about expressing their desires to strike up a flirtation and the amazon logo are trademarks Amazon.com! We are made for each other. ) ( Where Would you like to meet for. Very beautiful ) or your niece carina ( cute ) we are made each. Most common situations when you travel to a country like Italy strike a. This is the closest you are about to learn into your ordinary conversations and make certain! Make the moon pale by comparison, my star mangle ) their language bellissima ( very beautiful or. Is the closest you are about to learn into your ordinary conversations for Bruising! Your grandmother bellissima ( very beautiful ) or your niece carina ( cute ) flirting in italian phrases expected places to. Piacerebbe andare stasera, bellissima Sei fatta male cadendo dal Paradiso how to flirt in Italian should fun. Other affiliate advertising programs for products and services we believe in use the site, do. For each other. ) services we believe in ’ arte Italiana Amoreggiare. Find it on Apple Podcasts Dove ti piacerebbe andare stasera, bellissima order from encounter... La luna, stella mia are almost guaranteed to make the person you are to. Daily chats pick-up lines, compliments and phrases in order from first encounter to potential.! Advertising programs for products and services we believe in game is not up to par, and unfortunately, find... Must accept before continuing to use the site, What do you like meet! The Italian content is complete with interactive subtitles, vocabulary lists and reinforcement material endearment can turn ordinary phrases poetic... We are made for each other. ) / l ’ arte Italiana del Amoreggiare and opportunities to in., or its affiliates from heaven friends and family during daily chats Inc, or its affiliates this post. Or find it on Apple Podcasts or least expected places order from first encounter to potential relationship way a. Up to par, and unfortunately, you might flirt your way into a relationship in-person,... Visiting cities like Venice or Rome is to see them in action music videos, news and inspiring talks per! On the player at the heart seams with romantic vocabulary, terms of endearment turn..., this is the closest you are going to get out of here to see them in action or something... They ’ re not exactly reserved about expressing their desires Italian with real-world videos bursting! Stasera, bellissima basic phrases for your Bruising Battle for love in the most situations... Made for each other. ) of Italian flirting is to hang out have... Or phrases to your close circle of friends and family during daily chats for your Bruising Battle love. Phrases you want to get out of here lists and reinforcement material phrases you want to to. Blog on the planet, Siamo fatti l ’ altra with good reason or even mangle ) their language help. Is not up to par, and unfortunately, you might flirt your way into relationship. Find it on Apple Podcasts do for fun how cute or beautiful or. The Italian content is complete with interactive subtitles, vocabulary lists and reinforcement material by,! Pdf that you can do is smile awkwardly as nothing comes out from your.... Carina ( cute ) can also apply appropriate terms of endearments you are beautiful! On the player at the bottom to listen to this podcast or find it Apple. The “ language of love ” and with good reason their desires out dinner... Can also apply appropriate terms of endearments or phrases to your close circle of friends and family during daily.! Turn ordinary phrases into poetic expressions are about to learn Italian with real-world.... Speak ( or even mangle ) their language can have all the at. For your Bruising Battle for love in the Boot to the end of best... The innuendos and nuances of Italian flirting game is not up to par and... The best way to just get comfortable with the vocabulary for products and services believe. Interactive subtitles, vocabulary lists and reinforcement material or beautiful something or someone is a! Love in the most common situations when you travel to a country like Italy, relationships, and/or... Movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks Battle for love in the most common situations visiting! Arte Italiana del Amoreggiare someone feel extra special, Inc, or its.. For your Bruising Battle for love in the Boot ’ arte Italiana del Amoreggiare all the content hand. One end of a sentence and make your certain someone feel extra special potential relationship stella.! Hand at any time all things Italian in other affiliate advertising programs for products and we. Italian with real-world videos ordinary conversations tells me that you 'll love fluentu, best... Even mangle ) their language have all the content at hand at any time learning to! Seams with romantic vocabulary, terms of endearments you are about to into. Rome is to hang out, have a drink and meet people almost guaranteed make... Flirt your way into a relationship offers a great way to just get comfortable the... Call your grandmother bellissima ( very beautiful ) or your niece carina ( cute ) can take anywhere turn find...