Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.. I met prominent people and got to experience the whole situation from a whole different position than I was accustomed to. Share with Us. Patricia “Patti” Lynn Raguse, 54, of Moorhead, formerly of Breckenridge, and Fergus Falls, died Monday, October 26, 2020, at Moorhead Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK. Sandra Prince, 69, of Fergus Falls, died Sunday, November 1, 2020, at Lake Region Hospital. John Martens Koepcke, of Fergus Falls, formerly St. Anthony Village and Shorewood in Minneapolis, passed away peacefully on Tuesday October 6, 2020, at the age of 87. I conducted my own interviews, snapped my own photos, and wrote my own stories. var today = new Date() Don't knowingly lie about anyone person will not be tolerated. Notifications from this discussion will be disabled. Elwood “Woody” Wayne Johnson, age 80, of Grafton, North Dakota, formerly of Fergus Falls, passed away October 24, 2020, at Lutheran Sunset Home, Grafton, North Dakota. His opponent Christine (Tina) Tungseth has also been involved with the county, as a full-time employee of the Otter Tail County Jail for 33 years, where she is a sergeant. Mary Josephine Nelson Lakie-Hermann, 94, passed away peacefully at her home surrounded by family on Saturday, April 18, 2020 in Sacramento, California. Also believing the whole thing was mishandled to begin with, states he would have voted no on the trail. With no mail delivery on Wednesday, the Fergus Falls Daily Journal weekday edition will print Tuesday, Nov. 10. Visitation on Friday, October 16, 5-8 p.m. at Schoeneberger Funeral & Cremation Service in Perham. If not, visit fergusfallsjournal.com and click "Register" on the right-hand side. Burial will be in Pleasant Hill Cemetery near Dent. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism Be Nice. Get an email notification whenever someone contributes to the discussion. I never saw myself as a journalist until it began, but I cannot see myself anywhere else now that I’ve gotten a taste of what it is like. person will not be tolerated. Be Proactive. Thank you! Visitation will be held one hour prior to the service at church. He spent his childhood years living with his parents in the Creamery House in Underwood. • Wick Communications. I went from writing a feel-good story about a hilarious and intelligent gardener to covering a political rally, then a meeting regarding car dealerships and auto emissions, something I certainly wouldn’t have paid any attention to previously! The match is not from benevolent individuals, towns, townships, or businesses in the area, but are, in fact, funds from our taxes. Jeffrey “Jeff” Jay Sundal, 60, of rural Dalton passed away peacefully in his sleep, Tuesday, October 20, 2020, at his home. Skip Jones…. or anything. Marcia Huddleston is the deputy chair of the Otter Tail County Republicans. However, we will be happy to accept obituaries from family members pending proper verification of the death. Memorial services will be at 2 p.m. on Friday, October 23, 2020 at the Brenny Family Funeral Chapel, Baxter. If you live in Fergus Falls, I would think you would look at the candidates for mayor and City Council, and vote for those who are pro-business. Delores Lyden, 90, a longtime resident of Pelican Rapids, died on Monday, November 2, 2020, at Pelican Valley Senior Living in Pelican Rapids. Easy enough! This site was designed with the .com. Daily Journal Obituaries. Daily Journal Media visited with Retzlaff about … Sign Guys sets up shop in Fergus Falls. Brown brought up the fact that the public is not allowed to speak during commissioner meetings. I was thrown right into the mix, learning what it was actually like to be a journalist and it was exhilarating! Responsible. James Klein, 83, of Breckenridge, passed away on Saturday, October 10, 2020, at Essentia Health, Fargo. Born on February 29, 1932, in Austin, to Ellen Thomson McDonald and Arthur Benedict McDonald, Jim was the fourth of seven children. Copyright © The feedback and advice from the editor was extremely helpful and I was happy to have more stories thrown my direction. Regarding water issues, Tungseth is aware OTC is now part of the One Watershed One Plan, but believes that plan is in its infancy, and needs to be developed further than that, for a more comprehensive plan, according to her study of the issue. LuAnn Jean (Lankow) Canepa, 66, of Fergus Falls, passed away unexpectedly on Sunday, October 11, 2020, at her home. I quickly learned the art of hunting down a contact resulting with me sitting at my laptop, writing all I learned from a Master Gardener for my first published article. that is degrading to another person. Partly cloudy early with increasing clouds overnight. Pallbearers were Theresa’s grandchildren: Raymond Byman, Courtney Byman, Beau …. We'd love to hear eyewitness Partly cloudy early with increasing clouds overnight. As for the city of Fergus Falls, drastic change is needed, in my opinion. Heather Kantrud is a reporter for the Fergus Falls Daily Journal. Gloria Nieminen, age 83 of New York Mills, passed away on November 2, 2020, at Perham Living in Perham. Low near 40F. Duane “Doc” Wething, 92, Detroit Lakes, died February 6, 2020 at Essentia – St. Mary’s Hospital in Detroit Lakes. If not, visit fergusfallsjournal.com and click "Register" on the right-hand side. High 68F. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, Gary was born on October 3, 1948, to Gustav and Mabel (Hult) Dalseg in Fergus Falls. document.write(year) Low near 40F. Heather Kantrud is a reporter for the Fergus Falls Daily Journal. Arrangements are pending for Violet “Vi” Jessen, age 98, of Verndale. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.. Barbara Joyce Norgren, 81, of Fergus Falls, died Friday, October 16, 2020. Please disable your ad blocker, whitelist our site, or purchase a subscription. Donald “Don” Auseth, 89, of Fergus Falls, died Thursday, October 22, 2020, at Woodland Lodge in Fergus Falls. that is degrading to another person. As someone who is not engaged in politics, that story was the most difficult for me to write. I got pulled into a dramatic situation while on-site covering the story and had a very encouraging and educational discussion with a seasoned journalist, which provided me with knowledge and tools that I have used in every story following. Eleanor Ida (Sorben) Miller, 97 of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, died Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at her home at Dow Rummel Village. document.write(year) If not, visit fergusfallsjournal.com and click "Register" on the right-hand side. Barbara Joyce (Anderson) Norgren, 82, of Fergus Falls, died Friday, October 16, 2020. 914 E Channing Ave. Fergus Falls, Minnesota 56537. Gefällt 6.377 Mal. var year = today.getFullYear() A Celebration of Life will be held on Saturday, November 7, 2020 at New Life Church in Woodbury, Minnesota. I watched the debates between the commissioner candidates for Districts 1, 3 and 5 on the Fergus Falls Daily Journal YouTube channel, and hope you have checked them out as He graduated from St. Augustine (now Pacelli) High School in Austin and went on to earn a Bachelor of Arts degre…. Threats of harming another I watched the debates between the commissioner candidates for Districts 1, 3 and 5 on the Fergus Falls Daily Journal YouTube channel, and hope you have checked them out as well. Lee says grant money is being used for the trails, but Brown pointed out that matching tax money is also being used. Mary is a former resident of Davis, California, and Macomb, Illinois. District 3 candidate Kurt Mortenson is a lawyer who was the assistant county attorney for over 28 years and as such, was involved with the county, and its various department heads over the years. Use the 'Report' link on Funeral Service on Saturday, October 17 at 2 p.m. at St. John’s Lutheran Church of Corliss Township near Perham. You have permission to edit this article. He was in the care of his four children the last three years of his life, while battling Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease…. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Partly cloudy early with increasing clouds overnight. Political Organization Olson Funeral Home and Cremation Service. Patricia “Patti” Raguse, 54, of Moorhead, formerly of Fergus Falls, died Monday, October 26, 2020, at Moorhead Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center. I have never been so happy to be wrong! She has been involved in negotiations, and frequently speaks with other OTC employees about cost and time-saving measures. Cherished Friend Bouquet. Cloud Hospital. Have you signed up for The Daily Journal newsletter? The whole internship experience has been an amazing one, both personally and professionally. Fergus Falls; Daily Journal; Daily Journal. Threats of harming another Please enter a valid email address. Responsible. Story after story was assigned, 19 total, and they all were (or will be) published in various Daily Journal Media publications. So fair warning — I am biased. Golden Memories Arrangement. Father William “Bill” Keith Gamber, 91, of Fergus Falls, died Saturday, October 24, 2020, at Woodland Lodge. Lorena Ione (Carter) Larson, 95, of Fergus Falls, died Thursday, October 15, 2020, at PioneerCare in Fergus Falls. Don't knowingly lie about anyone Copyright © Partly cloudy early with increasing clouds overnight. Get an email notification whenever someone contributes to the discussion. Send Flowers - Order 24/7. Brown pointed out that Otter Tail County is not doing nearly as well as its surrounding counties. Cyril “Cy” Keller, 98, of Fergus Falls, died Wednesday, October 28, 2020, at Lake Region Healthcare in Fergus Falls. Gregory Allen Umlauf, age 65, died peacefully with family by his side on Sunday, October 4, 2020, in Elysian. G…. Funeral Mass will be held for Theresa Grasswick, age 93, of Deer Creek, on Saturday, October 24, 2020, at 2 p.m. at St. Edward’s Catholic Church in Henning. Fergus Falls Daily Journal, Fergus Falls.