We are one of the largest employers in Sangamon County, as well. After over a year she was still only speaking with 1-2 teachers. My son is 3,5 and is now in the Bumble Bees classroom three days a week. How they can continue to pull this SH** on pregnant women and still get glowing reviews is beyond my comprehension. More importantly, my daughter LOVES it. Chatham Middle School offers broad exposure to, and opportunities for, exploration so that individual interests and strengths can be developed. Counselors work collaboratively with students, parents, educators and community members to support each student's ability to contribute at the highest level as productive members of society. Students benefit from the resources of the, Falk School of Sustainability & Environment. Chatham school on Redwood is GREAT. We paid the $80 deposit, and Maureen and her staff confirmed via email that we had a spot for Jan. Chatham & Clarendon Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff and volunteers are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. I absolutely love Super Kidz! I like the large facility, great outdoor space with plenty of things for the kids to do. and toddler curriculums are focused on socialization and basic vocabulary and concept/pattern/theme acquisition. There are a couple of things that I thought was pretty disturbing while picking up my son. The essential intent of the School District of the Chathams is to discover and grow the gifts within each child. And you can always send something extra if you want. She is currently in the 2 year old room and loves going to school. SCPS offers graduate and undergraduate low-residency and distance learning programs in Nursing, Health Sciences, Business & Communication, Creative & Design Arts, and Education. Her referral? They clean everyday, like a lot. 18 reviews of Chatham School "Chatham school on Redwood is GREAT. Main: 412-365-1100 Interesting hm? While I worried, they were completely at ease. This school has a great location and serves middle to upper middle class families. There's a lot of chatter amongst the staff, but only a select few would take the initiative to speak with me.After taking to staffers, I found out there is a lot of teacher turnover in the school. I also wanted a place where my daughter could attend up until Kindergarten came around. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this place. Keep in mind, we had been told multiple times we were not on a waiting list and had a guaranteed spot! Announcements. This is absolutely not a "sit and get" environment. Ms. Dela first gave…", "I cannot say enough good things about this daycare! The district is composed of four schools in separate communities. One family had their child enrolled at Chatham for over a year when Maureen abruptly ended the half day program with ONE WEEK's NOTICE, leaving a dozen families completely without child care. She's not awesome at communicating with parents, but she magic with the kids. Cared. It had a coeducational sixth form and shared teaching facilities and various A Level courses with Clarendon House Grammar School. The school is absolutely disgusting/ filthy, the staff is uneducated, director  is RUDE! )Both campuses do an amazing job at supporting children's development and fostering community. The staff is wonderful. I am so glad we chose Chatham. I read the reviews of the school after agreeing and was a little worried after reading one that accused the director of being both sexist and racist. She said my kid was smart.I wanted to tell the other parents, but they had already left. The people politics, however, is toxic. and you should see their Library. When I expressed how upset I was that we were going to be completely without childcare (daycares in the area have waiting lists a mile long, and since we were told we had a guaranteed spot we were not on any wait lists), she said all she could do was give me a referral. My son is 3,5 and is now in the Bumble Bees classroom three days a week. The teachers are genuinely caring and attentive to the children's needs. 1.) There may be one or two very minor things that I wish were different, but anywhere you go will have those tradeoffs. Some days we send fruit, yet they always get fresh fruit during at least one snack time so we actually realized we didn't need to do that. We provide public education to 4,850 students, with more than 600 teachers and staff at work in our schools. In the months following the tour, and after the birth of my daughter, I followed up several times via phone and email to confirm we were good to go for Jan. Each time I spoke or emailed with Chatham they confirmed. The people politics, however, is toxic. I can't wait for her to get older so she can enjoy the fabulous outdoor play area. My kids and I have had a very good…", Yelp users haven’t asked any questions yet about. The kids are constantly hands on with lots of choice and moving between activities every 20 minutes or so. I've NEVER heard any of them say anything bad or have complaints or issues. She. (907) 697-2248 (phone) Please click on the link to, Blackboard Web Community Manager Privacy Policy (Updated). Lunch isn't stellar, but it's not bad either. I really hate to have to write such a negative review, but I feel like it's important I share my experience with chatham so that other parents might avoid having the same outcome my husband and I did. There is an Advisory School Board representing each site. Thanks Chatham. Tenakee Springs is on Chichagof Island. I loved both of the campuses. We first toured the facility and were glad to see the kids seemed to…", "I have a 3 year old child and I have been looking at preschools lately. I really appreciate Maureen and the staff. Chatham preschool is great and very professional in many aspects.-the teachers and the director are pro and kind (a lot of stability - they really care for my son and do what is necessary to help him and teach him everyday)-the location (a large outdoor space under the trees)-the curriculum (circle time, manipulations, songs, art craft, English immersion, outdoor play, sharing days...) We are a French family and the team at Chatham was always very good at speaking and explaining everything to my son.Last but not least Chatham is equipped with a science room and for example at this time of the year, the kids are learning a lot about silkworms and how they eat mulberry tree leaves...Hands zone practice ; kids love it. She has received such attentive loving care that she has always looked upon my arrival for pick up with some disappointment! My book fair at this campus was on Mother's day - and I was invited to their Mother's day breakfast as well. The teachers genuinely care for the kids and are ALWAYS happy. This woman is hella shiesty. Oh, and all the families that we know from Chatham love it here. Pittsburgh, PA 15232 I looked at 4 other schools before ultimately choosing this one. Chatham school on Redwood is GREAT. They are now 2 years and 4 years respectively. The staff is warm, well-trained and committed to the school and our kids. They are all very loving and engaging.We like that the Redwood campus takes kids from infants all the way up to kindergarten - this allowed for both of our kids to attend together and smooth transitions in the different rooms as they got older. Yes, some teachers don't speak great english but most of them do and I love that some speak spanish to my kids! I can't tell you how much this school means to the director (Mrs Maureen) and how much she really cares and goes out of her way. We encourage intellectual risk-taking, responsibility for one's actions, and the development of strong inter-personal relationships. My child went to that school for a whole year last year 2014-2015. For over 20 years, Chatham School of Health Sciences graduates have been leaders in providing culturally sensitive, evidence-based care; identifying and acting on areas ripe for innovation; and educating the next generation of practitioners.