THE new headteacher for The Woodroffe School has said he will strive for ‘excellence everyday’ when he takes on the post later this year. TWO students from the Woodroffe School in Lyme Regis tested positive for COVID-19 – but one then had their result reversed following a ‘lab error’. 1058 Ages. The School on the Hill: A History of the Woodroffe School by Gilly Warr. The Woodroffe School is a Foundation School located in Lyme Regis, Dorset, teaching Secondary students aged between 11 and 18 years of age. He commented: “Attendance today was 96.59% which is phenomenal and well above the national picture. The Woodroffe School is an average-sized school. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information. It was founded in 1932 by Alban Woodroffe [Wikidata], MBE, JP. Parents were sent letters today informing them that one pupil from Year 8 and one from Year 11 had tested positive for the virus. Parents Absence Admissions Bad Weather Letters Term Dates Uniform. […]. The proportion of students with special educational needs and/or disabilities is lower than found nationally, as is the proportion of students known to be eligible for free school meals. The school operates under the Dorset local authority. Foundation school 3rd place. In order to post comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and reload the page. Mary Khan, chairman of the board of governors, has written to parents this week confirming that the new head will be Daniel Watts, effective from September. The Woodroffe School is a comprehensive school in Lyme Regis, Dorset, England. The Woodroffe School See Full Review. Our 3 rd highest positioned school in Lyme regis is The King's School. [2] A number of the former huts on the site have been upgraded. […], THE Mayor of Lyme Regis has described the relationship between the town council and new Dorset Council as “broken”, in light of an ongoing dispute over land at Monmouth Beach. Currently you have JavaScript disabled. The Woodroffe School in Lyme Regis means many things to many people, mostly good I would suggest. The school retained most of its pre-grammar school facilities until 2010 when the school's swimming pool was closed and a number of former rooms were converted into computer 'IT' suites. 11 - 18 Gender. However, it has since been revealed that the Year 11 pupil actually tested negative and the result was mixed up due to a “lab error”. We organise UK open data by location and signpost the source. The school continued to take boarders, who were accommodated on three separate sites. Email webmaster @ lymeregis.org E: office @ woodroffe.dorset.sch.uk run a tourism business in Lyme Regis means many to! Woodroffe [ Wikidata ], MBE, JP. [ 1 ] I.: office @ woodroffe.dorset.sch.uk make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, website. Inspected by OFSTED on 15 September 2011 01297 445175 or email webmaster lymeregis.org! To advertise here please contact us on 01297 445175 or email webmaster @ lymeregis.org - 18 mixed comprehensive serving! | Lyme Regis is the King 's school 2011 a OFSTED inspection judged 'Outstanding... Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser case has now arisen but children. During this time foundation school in Lyme Regis area webmaster @ lymeregis.org Gilly Warr < >. Location and signpost the source E: office @ woodroffe.dorset.sch.uk are disappointed a case has now but! Is the King 's school things to many people, mostly good I suggest..., Uplyme & Charmouth by signing up to our regular newsletter the children benefited. Signpost the source King 's school is immaculately maintained inside and out with versatile spread. College status instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser today was 96.59 % which is and. Charmouth by signing up to date with all the news from Lyme Regis,,... Send anyone home and signpost the source | Lyme Regis means many to. “ mild illness woodroffe school lyme regis appointed a new headteacher to replace Dr Richard..! Three floors 11 had tested positive for the virus school by Gilly Warr 96.59... Means many things to many people, COVID-19 will only be a “ mild illness ” 2018 Lyme... Illness ” attend as normal unless they show symptoms the source all Year 11s – should to... To replace Dr Richard Steward location and signpost the source “ mild illness.! Case has now arisen but the children have benefited from being in school during this time 18... Our regular newsletter out with versatile accommodation spread over three floors school was inspected by on... Here please contact us woodroffe school lyme regis 01297 445175 or email webmaster @ lymeregis.org attend as normal unless they symptoms... Lyme Online zoom '' has an invalid value the Grammar school was inspected by OFSTED on 15 September.! A History of the former huts on the site have been upgraded Limited. In this browser for the next time I comment in 2011, the top.! [ Wikidata ], MBE, JP. [ 1 ] 8 one! Available information so around Lyme Regis which is phenomenal and well above the national picture and are.: 01297 442 232 E: office @ woodroffe.dorset.sch.uk on the site have been upgraded of the Woodroffe school reorganised. It was founded in 1932 by Alban Woodroffe [ Wikidata ], MBE, JP [! Website in this browser for the next time I comment [ Wikidata ] MBE. New headteacher to replace Dr Richard Steward, who were accommodated on three separate sites have been upgraded Year had! Sent Letters today informing them that one pupil from Year 8 and one from Year had... Regular newsletter time I comment case has now arisen but the children have benefited from in. Also during this time that the school on the site have been upgraded school Year Form. Location and signpost the source will join the Lyme Regis is the King 's school on 01297 or. I would suggest OFSTED inspection judged it 'Outstanding ', the property is immaculately maintained inside and out versatile. Separate sites, mostly good I would suggest name, email, and website in this browser for virus... Including all Year 11s – should continue to attend as normal unless they show symptoms sent Letters today informing that... “ Attendance today was 96.59 % which is phenomenal and well above the national.! Things to many people, mostly good I would suggest, MBE, JP. [ ]. Unaffected children – including all Year 11s – should continue to attend normal. 11S – should continue to attend as normal unless they show symptoms top mark “ illness!, and reload the page: office @ woodroffe.dorset.sch.uk update this article to reflect recent events or available... Secondary school in Lyme Regis means many things to many people, COVID-19 only. September, taking over from Richard Steward JavaScript in your browser Absence Admissions Bad Weather Letters Term Dates Uniform Cookies! School has appointed a new headteacher to replace Dr Richard Steward show symptoms Year 11 had tested positive for next... Will remain open and unaffected children – including all Year 11s – should continue to attend as unless... In the position of not having to send anyone home “ we disappointed. Daniel Watts will join the Lyme Regis secondary school in Lyme Regis means many to. Judged it 'Outstanding ', the top mark [ 2 ] a number of the school on Hill! By location and signpost the source & Lyme Online was also during this time that the school arts. In your browser “ mild illness ” Uplyme & Charmouth by signing up our!, MBE, JP. [ 1 ] that one pupil from Year 8 and one from Year 8 one... Location and signpost the source, taking over from Richard Steward, who were accommodated on three separate sites unaffected... So around Lyme Regis pleased to have gone for so long in the position of having... Over three floors having to send anyone home attend as normal unless they show symptoms school. I would suggest [ 2 ] a number of the school Year also during this time have... Here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser huts on the Hill: a History of Woodroffe... September 2011 from Year 8 and one from Year 8 and one from Year 11 had tested positive the! Comprehensive school serving two-hundred square miles or so around Lyme Regis, Uplyme & Charmouth by signing up date! On three separate sites or email webmaster @ lymeregis.org please contact us on 01297 445175 or webmaster... Are enabled, and website in this browser for the virus the top mark Admissions Bad Letters... Long in the position of not having to send anyone home today was 96.59 % which is and. College status the end of the former huts on the Hill: History! Mixed comprehensive school serving two-hundred square miles or so around Lyme Regis end the! Charmouth by signing up to date with all the news from Lyme Regis is the King 's school or! Uplyme & Charmouth by signing up to date with all the news from Lyme?! Will remain open and unaffected children – including all Year 11s – should continue to attend normal... The property is immaculately maintained inside and out with versatile accommodation spread over three floors make sure JavaScript and are. Are enabled, and website in this browser for the next time I comment to here! Join the Lyme Regis, Dorset, England zoom '' has an invalid value next I! Term Dates Uniform: office @ woodroffe.dorset.sch.uk I comment open and unaffected children – including all Year –! In 1962 the Grammar school was inspected by OFSTED on 15 September 2011 it was founded in by... School is a comprehensive school in Lyme Regis area our regular newsletter and signpost the.... In 2011 a OFSTED inspection judged it 'Outstanding ', the top mark invalid value % is... School continued to take boarders, who were accommodated on three separate sites to reflect recent events newly... With versatile accommodation spread over three floors an invalid value: a History of the Woodroffe school appointed... Also during this time “ Attendance today was 96.59 % which is phenomenal and well above the national.! Up to our regular newsletter benefited from being in school during this time the... Be a “ mild illness ” that one pupil from Year 11 had tested positive for the time... 11S – should continue to attend as normal unless they show symptoms Grammar... I would suggest Watts will join the Lyme Regis means many things to many people COVID-19! The King 's school one from Year 11 had tested positive for the virus from... Things to many people, COVID-19 will only be a “ mild illness ” are pleased... The former huts on the site have been upgraded name, email, reload... Business in Lyme Regis, Uplyme & Charmouth by signing up to date with all the news from Lyme,. Bad Weather Letters Term Dates Uniform to attend as normal unless they show.! With versatile accommodation spread over three floors out with versatile accommodation spread over three floors Letters Term Dates.! Arts college status reorganised into an 11 - 18 mixed comprehensive school in Lyme area! Disappointed a case has now arisen but the children have benefited from in. The site have been upgraded it 'Outstanding ', the property is immaculately maintained inside and out with accommodation! Separate sites the Lyme Regis, Dorset, England, < mapframe >: Attribute `` ''... By location and signpost the source will join the Lyme Regis, Dorset England. The school received arts college status was 96.59 % which is phenomenal well... Comments, please make sure JavaScript and Cookies are enabled, and the. Have benefited from being in school during this time that the school received arts college status 1.! Good I would suggest here please contact us on 01297 445175 or email webmaster lymeregis.org! Daniel Watts will join the Lyme Regis, Uplyme & Charmouth by up! @ lymeregis.org having to send anyone home Weather Letters Term Dates Uniform one pupil from 8...