It's your opportunity to stay informed on what's happening! I look forward to presenting at the Pembina Trails Budget meeting this evening and speaking to points in the Presentation I prepared. It's your opportunity to stay informed on what's happening! For more... Bridgwater is the fastest growing community in the City of Winnipeg. This is the latest News Release from the Government of Manitoba's website. As a result, a Residential Parking Ban has been declared and will be in effect starting Sunday, February 10 at 7 p.m. I've pulled the plug on Dove Grace Design, my supposed design outfit, for 2019 Budget – City & Waverley West Priorities Presentation, City Of Winnipeg ’Community Safety Strategic Action Plan’. I think most people will agree that there are advantages to knowing your neighbours. I encourage you to fill out the survey and attend upcoming open houses. Your new Bridgwater family dentists in Winnipeg. A Monday morning smorgas-bored…and welcome to the 71st November of my In many cities throughout the world, the speed limit is reduced to 30 km/hr on residential streets to calm traffic. This year’s water main cleaning program, where crews flush water mains, will begin on Wednesday, May 15th. Whether you are considering to relocate or would like to expand your practice part-time, this will be an amazing opportunity to further enhance your skills with our medical team. The Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service (WFPS) has developed a strategic direction based on three foundational reports to help ensure current and future service demands are met. Regarding the two fires in Waverley West this past Saturday, please know:   Chief Lane & I meet regularly-downtown & in Waverley West to discuss fire prevention & response as times. This is a very active file and I will provide you with a brief update. This week the Winnipeg Police Service (WPS) released the  Winnipeg Police Service 2018 Annual Statistical Report. In September Council prioritized four infrastructure projects to move forward on. The first phase of... Photo Credit: CBC I’ve long been a supporter of improving transit in Winnipeg. Many residents are familiar with the large field on the northeast corner of Waverley Street and Kenaston Boulevard. Please feel welcome to... Our yards will be well soaked this year with all the snow we’ve had over winter!! It's your opportunity to stay informed on what's happening! I hope these videos build on the connection we had before COVID-19 – and help to create new connections! May 9 hea... Years ago, during a particularly long, cold March, I wrote a post called “A Plots measure approx. being rob... *Under Premier Pallister, Manitoba's pulled outof a carbon tax plan. On either side of Center Street, there are plazas for people to gather. The City invested upwards of $3M to develop OurWinnipeg, a 25-year plan to guide our growth and physical, social, environmental, and... As our office receives enquiries from residents regarding a wide variety of projects, I wanted to provide an update regarding the personal care home project in Bridgwater. Now, I will be frank on a couple of issues that concern me: 1. Would make sense to do that. City Streets The City’s street system is set up as follows: Residential streets... I’ve just prepared a comprehensive E-newsletter, highlighting interesting topics and current issues at City Hall, as well as upcoming meetings and events in the Waverley West Ward. Many significant steps have occurred to prepare the land, secure servicing, funding and planning of the complex. The time has come where growth is now reaching further distances and resulting in longer travel times from the Waverley and Pembina... I’ve just prepared a comprehensive E-newsletter, highlighting details surrounding new developments, funding for Southwest Recreation Campus, crime, a new Fire Hall, the upcoming budget process and more! The Neighbourhoods of Bridgwater and South Pointe are Winnipeg’s newest residential communities. There is an impression, often a correct one, that governments and consumers To see the layout of Bridgwater Town Centre, click on the color renderings below: twitter link:  https://janicelukes.ca/?p=6471, Website by Crosbie Web DesignPrint Material by IDO Media, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window). Hopewell Development Corporation, developer of the Bridgwater Town Centre on North Town Road, has just announced that a great line up of retail tenants is coming soon! For all the details, see the poster below. In addition to the Northgate Shopping Centre where part of the old Zellers will become a store, Save on Foods will be building a store from the ground up in the Bridgwater Centre area of Waverley West and at the old Future Shop location on St. James street opposite Polo Park. All Categories FOOD KIDS LIFESTYLE MEN TECHNOLOGY WOMEN SEE CTV News I know we can improve on the 311 Call Center interactions with residents seeking service or information. In September, 2016 the City awarded a $186,000 contract to consulting firm Emergency Services International to produce a ‘Standards of Response Coverage’ report. I will be at the St Norbert Community Centre (2340 Pembina Hwy) info session the entire time on Thursday,... (Original post date June 8, 2018) In new developments, homeowners can find it confusing to understand who is responsible for mowing the grass on boulevards. lifetime… So, I’m doing some research the other day and I stumble upon this Existing sod... Increasing residential and business growth in Bridgwater Center is resulting in increased traffic at the intersection of Centre Street and Park West Drive and Park East Drive (north ends). Thank you to the Sou’wester for providing space to update residents on important community issues. I will provide further... A brief update on the South Winnipeg Recreational Campus. Transit Expansion – Bridgwater & South Pointe, BLOWING SNOW in Neighbourhoods of Bridgwater & South Pointe, Transit Update in Bridgwater & South Pointe. We have two conveniently located Centre’s. According to Kristin Tuchscherer,... I’m providing funding and administrative support to anyone who wants to hold a BLOCK PARTY this year! A motion is a formal request to ‘get the... Website by Crosbie Web DesignPrint Material by IDO Media, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Active Transportation Route Through the Field Connecting Whyte Ridge & Bridgwaters, Transit Expansion – Southwest Winnipeg & Beyond, Community Gardens are Coming to South Pointe Neighbourhood in 2021, Seeking Neighbourhood Advisory Group Members – Improving Transportation in Waverley West and Winnipeg, Parents / Caregivers: School Travel Survey, Amber Flashing Lights, Leadership & Governance, PARENTS – Transportation To and From Schools, Builders back city councillor’s bid for new-home landscaping deadline, Seeking Advisors – Waverley West Active Transportation Group, UPDATE-South Winnipeg Recreation Centre – Video, The Neighbourhoods of Bridgwater – a Provincial Development, Neighbourhood Liveability By-laws – Video, Statue raising at nearly complete temple ‘crowning glory’ for community, WHO Maintains Boulevard, Median & Parks in Neighbourhoods of Bridgwater. In order for Winnipeg Police Traffic Enforcement to ‘enforce’ they need to know WHERE problem areas are. There are many candidates knocking on doors looking for your support and there are many many issues to discuss! On the horizon is a new personal care home, to be constructed at Bridge Lake Drive and South Town Road. THANK YOU! Currently, the City and Province allow 4 seconds for a green light to transition to red. As noted in the press release – we are... Plowing of residential streets will begin Sunday evening to improve the condition of residential streets. Here's hoping this expansion can make that happen! its been almost impossible to keep the details ‘under wraps’ because this is such an exciting project! Starting Monday, May 4th, the City will be gradually opening facilities. Enter the 2016 Holiday Lights photo contest, hosted by the Bridgwater Forest and Bridgwater Lakes neighbourhood associations! Waverley Heights has many streets that are in ‘Fair’ to ‘Poor’ condition along with White Ridge and University Heights with many streets in fair... I’ve just prepared a comprehensive E-newsletter, highlighting interesting topics and current issues at City Hall, as well as upcoming meetings and events in the Waverley West Ward. See details. Thank you to CTV for this in depth interview. North Town Centre is a modern take on the timeless village square. This is welcome news for thousands of transit users in these growing communities! Winnipeg Transit has reduced transit service by approximately 30%. Bring your family and join neighbours, friends and Councillor Janice Lukes for a tour of City Hall! After eighteen years of keeping a weblog or online journal (and nearly The land is to be acquired to enable development of the South Winnipeg Recreation Campus. This is done to preserve the quality of water as it passes from our drinking water treatment plant to customer’s taps. As I and 6 other Councillors are not members of... Altea Active opened for business this past weekend. Murders are at an all time high. YOUR assistance in REPORTING snow blockages is greatly appreciated! I am hoping the City will complete the governance review and recommendations by 2020. Exposing the CBC/FP ... I’ll take new photos again someday, I promise. I’ve... A 19 yr old young man died yesterday at the intersection of Brady Rd and the Perimeter Highway (Hwy) - in the same general location where at least three other deaths have occurred in the last 5 years. School Zones: Raised Crosswalks, 30kms, Yellow Flashing Lights & Enforcement, Summary: Speed & Road Safety In Waverley West – Community Conversation. Welcome to Bridgwater; Location and Amenities; Photo Gallery; Architectural Guidelines; Videos; Maps; Links; Contact Us; … You can report ONLINE! Please see update on all fountains - contact me if you have any questions. Update On South Winnipeg Recreation Campus, Upcoming Feedermain Work – Waverley West & Waverley Heights, Leading-Edge Fitness Facility Coming To Bridgwater, Transit Transformation In Southwest Winnipeg, 70,000 Sq Ft Recreation Centre In Waverley West, Best Transit Service in Entire City – Coming To South Winnipeg – Spring 2020, Update: Recreation Campus In South Winnipeg, Brady Landfill Odours, Blowing Garbage, Closing & Moving, St Norbert Bypass On South Perimeter – Information Sessions, YOUR INPUT on the Development Application Notification Process, June 13th OPEN HOUSE – YOUR Recreation and Park Priorities, UPDATE – Safety Improvements on South Perimeter Highway, South Winnipeg St Norbert Ward Is Splitting In Two, Public Invited to Provide Input on City Wide Recreation & Parks Strategies, Evolving Traffic Patterns & Traffic Studies in Waverley West, 2018 Construction of Sidewalks, Bike Paths, Studies & More In South Winnipeg – St Norbert Ward, Two New Schools To Be Constructed Alongside New Recreation Campus In South Winnipeg, Expanding Efforts to Combat Rooming Houses in South Winnipeg, 2018 Road Construction in South Winnipeg- St Norbert Ward, Expropriation of Land Moving Forward for Recreation Campus, Significant Step Forward Towards Development of South Winnipeg Recreation Campus, Dividing South Winnipeg-St. Norbert into 2 New Wards. Read January, 2019... Crime Prevention Workshops Attend one of two Crime Prevention Workshops I’m holding. good. PLEASE NOTE: South West Winnipeg residents, when you are filling out the survey and are asked where... By spring of 2020,  the Southwest Transitway is projected to be completed and in operation!