Use as a base for chili, pasta bakes, tomato soup, Spaghetti Bolognese, or have with a breakfast of sausages, bacon and eggs. One unable to appreciate canning green tomatoes until the dead of winter. I have been making this recipe for almost 40 years and my Mother and Grandmother did it the same way for many, many years, and my Mother-in-law has been doing it this way for almost 70 years. I sometimes do only 1 quart (if that's all the ripe tomatoes I have on hand). The uses of canned tomatoes are endless! Product Title RO*TEL Mild Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, 28 Oun ... Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars, based on 41 reviews 41 ratings Current Price $8.00 $ 8 . http://www.tomatodirt.com/canning-tomatoes.html. The sky's the limit! 00 - $12.00 $ 12 . Here, JoJo has shared her very old family recipe for good old fashioned canned tomatoes, which she remembers doing together with her grandma when she was a child. 00 While some folks advocate adding acids, I don't do this. You can use this recipe to can any amount. Canning green tomatoes for frying allows this summertime treat to be enjoyed year round. Nov 7, 2020 - Basics you need to know about canning tomatoes! A Farm Girl in the Making is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program which is linked to Amazon.com and other affiliated sites.