I want to be there for him as a wife should be there for her husband as a helpmeet. That is some … I know a few men that could use that lesson today! But the greatest of these is LOVE" 1 Corinthians 13:8 & 13 (NIV). She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. The Significance of the number 40 in the Bible... How to Make a Long Distance Relationship Work, December Prayer Focus on God’s Attribute: SAVIOR, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKw6uqtGFfo. She is my soulmate and the only friend I need. This means sharing things that are hard to hear, but doing it firmly and with kindness. 20 She opens her arms to the poor    and extends her hands to the needy. 21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;    for all of them are clothed in scarlet. This page/post may contain affiliate links. What woman wouldn’t feel a glow of warmth within if that is how she was described by her husband? It is difficult to read and select a card with tears in my eyes for the last 36 years. Thank you Lord for allowing me to be a Priceless Ruby to my family. Other than making sure her husband and kids are well taken care of, the wife has other responsibilities too. I’ll pick up his favorite snack at the grocery store or leave him a love note. If the husband and wife trust each other, they will live in harmony. He who does not love does not know God, for God is LOVE". 31 – which is not just intended for the ladies! She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. What have you done to make him feel fully appreciated to the point that he wouldn’t know what he’d do if you were no longer around? 31. This page/post may contain affiliate links. Hebrews 11:1 (KJV), "Looking for that blessed HOPE, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." Includes the bible devotionals and more relating to being a 21st century mum, working at home. The formatting of the verses into a poetic style lend some weight as to how important the qualities of a virtuous woman are. Global Music Conference from Getty Music. God created woman to be man’s, Or check out a different perspective from, Woman of Noble Character Affiliate Program. 14 She is like the merchant ships,    bringing her food from afar. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ab9c0c4b0c1224769339dbb4ac6a6709" );document.getElementById("iad0b9ba5d").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I am not here to judge but from what we see in our society it seems the modern woman does not feel they need to submit to their husbands. Now, there’s nothing wrong with planting a garden or sewing your own clothes. 13. How we disciple our children. It’s not about having a perfectly spotless home or wearing the latest fashions. She is worth far more than rubies. Want more on living a Proverbs 31 Life?Grab my FREE 5 Steps Toward a Proverbs 31 Life! Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. 13:17); … You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. A few of the topics are Priorities/Godly Character, Decorating, Cleaning, Finances, Organizing, Cooking/Recipes, and many other helps and tips. She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes. I’m reminded of the story of a husband who felt that his stay-at-home wife wasn’t working as hard as he was. If you are ready to live the life God designed for you, to experience great joy in your marriage, then commit to studying what God tells us about being a woman, a wife, a mother and a child of God through the Wife of Noble Character study. Perhaps Jewish parents instructed their sons and daughters to memorize this poem and use it as a guide for their lives and in their homes. The woman of noble character serves her husband, her family and her community. This acrostic form was a device to help people commit the passage to memory. 31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,    and let her works bring her praise at the city gate. Did you ever wonder why the Proverbs 31 woman get a bad rep? "A wife of noble character who can find? Our Father God..I come to you on bended kness asking you to forgive me for my sins. And yet what a wonderful way to be thought of – more worth than rubies. Marriage doesn’t change a person’s character. 24. 15 She gets up while it is … The modern woman can still be a wife of noble character; it’s all about balance and getting her priorities right. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. Proverbs 31:20 “She extends her hand to the poor. Here we are given a wonderful description of what a wife can be and what she can do for her husband and family. She is worth far more than rubies. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet. A wife of noble character who can find? “A wife of noble character who can find? 11. She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. I am 33 and at a point where I feel I am ready to settle down. Some women no longer consider their home a priority in their marriage and are just focused on work or their careers.